X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    BraPapaD I don't know if I've seen how fast that jet goes until now! Great video! Nice work on the jet!
    Thank you so much.
    Venom is a great EDF.

Comment

• Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1617808816482.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	307776 Hi Guys

Something different o0n my Freewing Venom..

Rotating red led on the bottom.

Comment

• Made up some replacement gear doors and posted on Thingiverse if anyone needs them.

Comment

• High speed wing failure, hardware was still intact in the brackets. Waiting on backorder fuselage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crash 1.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	324012Click image for larger version

Name:	Crash 2.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	324013

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky9 View Post
              High speed wing failure, hardware was still intact in the brackets. Waiting on backorder fuselage.
              Thanks Rocky9! Would you tell us more about the high speed wing failure? This has me concerned. I've seen a couple of crashes on YouTube with the Venom not handling a steep, fast dive.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Rats Nest.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	327358
                Just finishing up my new Venom and I wanted to ask everyone a couple of questions:

1. How did you handle the rats nest of wires in the top of the photo? I would like to have a neater arrangement, but I can't think of anything but stuffing them back in and hoping for the best.

2. Where did you put your receiver? I wanted to use a nice AR637T, but I can't find room to orient it correctly. So, I'm using a simple AR620 I had laying around. The only place I can find for it is where I'm pointing in the photo.

All suggestions appreciated.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by BikeMike View Post
                  Click image for larger version Name:	Rats Nest.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	327358
                  Just finishing up my new Venom and I wanted to ask everyone a couple of questions:

1. How did you handle the rats nest of wires in the top of the photo? I would like to have a neater arrangement, but I can't think of anything but stuffing them back in and hoping for the best.

2. Where did you put your receiver? I wanted to use a nice AR637T, but I can't find room to orient it correctly. So, I'm using a simple AR620 I had laying around. The only place I can find for it is where I'm pointing in the photo.

It is a tight fit for the receiver, especially when you have to fold the wires back, and be wrapped to prevent that "Rat's Nest." I have an older Venom of which I have an AR636 installed on its edge against the fuselage side. I'm flying with an Admiral 5000 6S, so the receiver is real close to the battery. Even with the antennas on the AR636 pointing towards the nose, I fly with remote receivers typically located as far forward towards the nose so that I know that I'm receiving my RF signal without the battery trying to block some of the signal. I know Spektrum boasts that their AR620 is improved when it comes to the receiving capability, but I still prefer the "Whisker Antenna" that you get on the AR637T. I guess I'm "Old School." I'm working today, so I'm not able to send you any pictures.

Comment

• Thanks Dwalker! My Venom CG balances out at 115 cm running a 5000 mA battery. The book says 105 to 110 cm. Should I fly it balanced at 115? I'm planning to do that, but I would appreciate some feedback.

Comment

• The Venom is pretty tolerant of CG, you should be fine.

Comment

• I flew this plane once and felt like the wings were going to fold. So I've been working on the plane. Installed an aluminum spar going wing to wing all the way through the fuse, passing right in front of the EDF unit. It just barely clears the EDF unit, not touching so I think it will be OK. (I used aluminum because the only CF rod I could find that was long enough was going to cost $30) Gonna fly it again tomorrow. Wings seem nice and stiff now.

Comment

I flew this plane once and felt like the wings were going to fold. So I've been working on the plane. Installed an aluminum spar going wing to wing all the way through the fuse, passing right in front of the EDF unit. It just barely clears the EDF unit, not touching so I think it will be OK. (I used aluminum because the only CF rod I could find that was long enough was going to cost $30) Gonna fly it again tomorrow. Wings seem nice and stiff now.
                          Give us a report on how she does.

Comment

• Flew my reinforced Venom a few times today and the cool sound is still there. Spar didn't affect performance even though it is very close to the EDF intake. With the full length spar going through the fuselage, the wings are rock solid and can take anything I throw at them. Plane is super easy to float in for a gentle landing and a breeze to take off of grass. It's not super fast or super aerobatic, but a total blast to fly. Looks and sounds so cool! I love it!

New Problem: The front retract droops down loose about 1/2 inch when folded in. Fine when extended, but loose and sloppy when folded in. It has never had anything but a feather light landing.

Comment

• Water in the ESC: My EDF quits after 10 to 30 seconds of flight when the grass is wet at our field. Couldn't figure it out until I opened it up and found the ESC was getting wet. I'm pretty sure that it's shorting out due to moisture.

Anyone else dealt with that?

(I'm posting this in a few of the other Venom threads. Apologies to anyone this may annoy)

Comment

Water in the ESC: My EDF quits after 10 to 30 seconds of flight when the grass is wet at our field. Couldn't figure it out until I opened it up and found the ESC was getting wet. I'm pretty sure that it's shorting out due to moisture.

Anyone else dealt with that?

(I'm posting this in a few of the other Venom threads. Apologies to anyone this may annoy)
                                I've only ever had problems with crashing planes into extremely alkaline ponds. If not rinsed and dried immediately, the electronics get corroded badly resulting in complete destruction of anything that pushes electricity through them.
                                You might be interested in looking at this:

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	Rats Nest.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	327358

There is some room right under the battery . You have to cut a hole but it really frees up space!!

Comment

• For those that have asked what struts to use to replace the original struts on the Venom I used the main landing gear struts from the Mirage 2000. Use the existing post coming out of the gear block. As shown in a previous post you will have to relieve some foam for the gear to go all the way up. Also, I had to relieve some of the gear where it makes the 90 bend so the original tire from the Venom would clear it. I guess you could purchase the entire gear set with servo and wheel but the struts themselves do work ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chalredline1 View Post
                                      For those that have asked what struts to use to replace the original struts on the Venom I used the main landing gear struts from the Mirage 2000. Use the existing post coming out of the gear block. As shown in a previous post you will have to relieve some foam for the gear to go all the way up. Also, I had to relieve some of the gear where it makes the 90 bend so the original tire from the Venom would clear it. I guess you could purchase the entire gear set with servo and wheel but the struts themselves do work ok.
                                      Can you show us a picture?

Comment

• Flew my new Venom today. Great flights, no trim adjustments necessary. I did pop the front gear door off ( the one with 99 on it) I had not paid enough attention to how it attached to the nose wheel. Can somone take a close up picture for me. Nothing broken on mine, just not sure how it attached to the nose wheel.

Many thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by wp5tty8 View Post
                                          Flew my new Venom today. Great flights, no trim adjustments necessary. I did pop the front gear door off ( the one with 99 on it) I had not paid enough attention to how it attached to the nose wheel. Can somone take a close up picture for me. Nothing broken on mine, just not sure how it attached to the nose wheel.

Many thanks
                                          The spring is still on it, isn't it? That's how it's attached to the nose strut. The 2 prongs at one end is the hinge point and those prongs go into the corresponding holes in the front end of the retract bay. Just look at it closely. It'll be self explanatory.

Comment

Working...
                                          X