Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not too sure exactly how to do it. But, I think you make sure your throttle trim is at zero. Put your throttle stick all the way up to full power. Plug your battery to your ESC. And drop the throttle stick all the way to the bottom as soon as you hear the first set of beeps when you plug the battery into the ESC.

Comment

• Hi ccorah
      calibration is the frist to do.
      when not possible You can try to adjust the travel of the throttle Channel. 30% to 125%.
      check motion rc first maybe the esc is wrong

Gerard.

Comment

• Hello all… thinking about picking this up to have something to put my spektrum 3s 2200mah batteries in.. any input on if it would be too underpowered would be much appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose246 View Post
          Hello all… thinking about picking this up to have something to put my spektrum 3s 2200mah batteries in.. any input on if it would be too underpowered would be much appreciated!
          That bird is the most fun you can have for $138. Flies great on 3s - doesn't need anything more, although that would be fun if it didn't burn it up. Watch the Youtube vids on it, especially the launching ones. I don't have the landing gear on mine and i'm ready for a 2nd one, but i still won't get the optional gear. It's really a great, fun little bird that's a blast to fly. I've got a Spektrum rx with safe and as3x set up and usually take this bird with me every time i fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

That bird is the most fun you can have for $138. Flies great on 3s - doesn't need anything more, although that would be fun if it didn't burn it up. Watch the Youtube vids on it, especially the launching ones. I don't have the landing gear on mine and i'm ready for a 2nd one, but i still won't get the optional gear. It's really a great, fun little bird that's a blast to fly. I've got a Spektrum rx with safe and as3x set up and usually take this bird with me every time i fly...

great! And the 2200 mah battery not too heavy?

Comment

great! And the 2200 mah battery not too heavy?
              not sure about that - i bought one for it, but have never tried it. i'm guessing it should be fine, but hand launching with an 1800 is enough of a handful for me and it flies great (fast) on it and for a good 4 mins with plenty left-over - i don't really see the need for the 2200.
              i bought one for a friend and we may try a 4s in them, but haven't thus far.

Comment

• I was looking for something to use the 2200 Mah in because I have several of them and don’t have anything else to use them in. Would love to have a chat that I can use them in and not be too heavy

Comment

• Not all batteries are the same. What battery and what weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    Not all batteries are the same. What battery and what weight?

spektrum 3s 2200 :)

Comment

• OK, so here's the thing you say Spek 2200 3S and there are three of them 30C, 50C and 100C with three different weights and dimensions. Each will effect the balance and performance of the plane. Usually C value will add a little more power the higher the C (but true C is notoriously not the same as advertised C). Also the heavier the battery the more that plane needs to push and of course different physical sizes may mean one fits and another doesn't.

Let me say I own hundreds of LiPos and I don't own a single Spektrum, I just don't feel they are a good battery or a good value (a lower performing battery at a great cheap price).

The Spek 2200 3S, 30C, 50C and 100C weigh 180g, 210g and 160g respectfully according to HH (the 210g 50C seems odd).

A generic HRB 2200 30C is 172g and a Tattu 1800 75C is 159g and a Roaring Top 1800 35C is 147g, all off Amazon listed specs.

Oh, RC Battery is an up and coming very popular battery site, they only do RC batteries. Their C ratings seem to be much better than many others even though the number on the label is lower. Their 1800 25C is 152g and it's only $12.99.

Liperior 1800mAh 3S 25C 11.1V Lipo Battery With EC3 Plug (rcbattery.com)

My point is that the battery is a critical decision and you may find a better choice in battery and at a cheaper price point. I make no recommendations as far as any of these batteries, they were just easy to google.

Comment

• until you get used to and good at launching and flying the F8 on the recommended 1600, you're just asking for a broken plane using those 2200s...

Comment

until you get used to and good at launching and flying the F8 on the recommended 1600, you're just asking for a broken plane using those 2200s...

yeah… I have no doubt you’re correct

Comment

• Are any of you flying both the F-105 and Crusader? I'd like to know if they are similar or different to fly.
                            I got beat up F-105 from a club member, added separate elevator servos, and am having a blast flying it. Toss and boss it indeed! I never flew it on two servos only but I love that with four I can have flaps. With flaps and a Tattu 1800 3s. Hand launches are a non event, they are easy. So I'm thinking of doing the same with a Crusader.

Comment

Hello all… thinking about picking this up to have something to put my spektrum 3s 2200mah batteries in.. any input on if it would be too underpowered would be much appreciated!
                              IMO, I don't think a 3s 2200 is the best choice for this bird. I tried it w/ a 3s (not a 2200) and it was anemic. It was a bit risky but I put a HV 4s 1300mAh and boy-howdy it woke up! With that 4s the problem I had was it wouldn't slow down. Pretty short flights, but that's par for the course w/ EDFs. A good HV 4s w/ a high C rating does this thing wonders. Pay close attention to the CG and max out your control throws, especially the elevons. I ended up designing a flying elevon that I 3d printed using the pivots from a similar sized F-18 EDF. I set it up w/ a channel for each surface. The tail surfaces were programmed as a elevons and the "aileron" as spoilerons (to get it to slow down) and had some good success.

Comment

• I agree that the 3 s 2200mah wil be to heavy to start with. The 1600 and 1800 will be a better choice to start with. Your CG is important for this beautifull small plane.
                                If you can setup your transmitter with safe it will be a good choice when hand lanching.
                                Have fun with it.

Comment

Hi jasmith41 wich safe receiver you are using.

Comment

• Still waiting for a reply from Freewing regarding the missing parts (undercarriage mounting plate) from our F-8 Crusader kit
                                    attached pictures show how it should be and how it actually is
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                    X