Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnnyrabuse
    replied
    Anybody got flap to elevator numbers for landings on spectrum dx 9 ?

Does it pitch up or down?

With flaps deployed

I'm going to maiden tomorrow wind and weather are good

I'm starting with a 4000 if that goes well I'll go to a 3300 if that goes well I'll try a 5000 I try to keep wing load light on maidens ...

My rates on aerolines will be 70 high 60 mid 50 low

On rudder 70 60 50

On elevator 100 80 60

I've got the mix ready for elevator on dial to play with flaps

I also like extreme landing flaps but maybe it might blank our elevators ?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• John Bergsmith
    replied
    Originally posted by Bogietrim View Post

I don’t have any on me and I am not at home. Basically I just hogged a small channel along the sides about 4-5 inches either side of the glue joint holding the nose section on. I then just epoxied a round section of carbon fiber rod into the channel. It really helped with rigidity and the fit of the canopy. I will be home tomorrow night and will try and get a photo up.
    Thanks, I definitely need to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Bogietrim
    replied
    Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post

I need to do the same thing, the nose is extremely flexible. You have any pictures of what you did?

I don’t like the lower quality, but the F-5 flies fantastic.
    I don’t have any on me and I am not at home. Basically I just hogged a small channel along the sides about 4-5 inches either side of the glue joint holding the nose section on. I then just epoxied a round section of carbon fiber rod into the channel. It really helped with rigidity and the fit of the canopy. I will be home tomorrow night and will try and get a photo up.

Leave a comment:

• John Bergsmith
    replied
    Originally posted by Bogietrim View Post

I definitely agree the quality isn’t the same as the newer stuff. I added some carbon rods to the nose section which stiffened it greatly. I was not happy with the flex and felt it just needed a little more support.
    I need to do the same thing, the nose is extremely flexible. You have any pictures of what you did?

I don’t like the lower quality, but the F-5 flies fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Bogietrim
    replied
    Putting together the HP version right now. It doesn't fit together with the quality of the newer releases, but not a big deal either. Interested to see how the F-5 flies, should be a lot of fun.
    I definitely agree the quality isn’t the same as the newer stuff. I added some carbon rods to the nose section which stiffened it greatly. I was not happy with the flex and felt it just needed a little more support.

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Here is one of the videos from this past weekend...

Leave a comment:

• flyinhigh042
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	258E0B15-9BDC-4C4F-98E4-DC9D3B81F777.jpeg
Views:	692
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	256439 F-5 joins the fleet! Maiden to come...

Leave a comment:

• Crick3t
    replied
    I just put the fms 2100kv fan and motor combo in my eflite f18 and wow what an upgrade. I think the fms 2100kv fan and motor setup will absolutely fly in the f5 airframe. The fan should be a lot more efficient expanding flight time as well as performance.

Leave a comment:

• Bogietrim
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
    I got mine upgraded to the new FMS 2100kv inrunner set up. Holy smokes!!! It is even faster than it was befor and it was already at 140mph!!! Videos to come later
    Good to hear. I had an older version sitting in a box and finally assembled it las week. Also had one of the FMS 2100 units laying around so I dropped that in as well. Looking forward to trying that out!

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    I got mine upgraded to the new FMS 2100kv inrunner set up. Holy smokes!!! It is even faster than it was befor and it was already at 140mph!!! Videos to come later

Leave a comment:

• flyinhigh042
    replied
    Flew mine today, fun jet. Set up using the manual it was close. I did reduce the flap throw. The new HP version with the 3658-1857kV inrunner motor makes this jet a real hot rod. Landings are an absolute walk in the park. Can’t wait to put more flights on the F-5.
    Congrats! Happy to hear it went well and you like the F-5. I will be starting assembly of mine today. I’m excited.

Leave a comment:

• John Bergsmith
    replied
    Flew mine today, fun jet. Set up using the manual it was close. I did reduce the flap throw. The new HP version with the 3658-1857kV inrunner motor makes this jet a real hot rod. Landings are an absolute walk in the park. Can’t wait to put more flights on the F-5.

Leave a comment:

• John Bergsmith
    replied
    Putting together the HP version right now. It doesn't fit together with the quality of the newer releases, but not a big deal either. Interested to see how the F-5 flies, should be a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom
    replied
    Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
    The new F-5 arrived at my doorstep the other day. It looks great! I will start the assembly process this weekend. Random question. Has anyone here attempted to change or upgrade the elevator servos with a different brand servo? Or have you all found the stock servos are good to go? I haven’t had a single problem with any servos in my other Freewing jets. I was just considering the potential advantages to a higher end servo on the full flying stabilizers.
    Thanks!
    ​​​
    The only jet I've changed the elevator servos in due to poor performance have been the A-6 Intruder. They were always incredibly ratcheting, no matter what I did I couldn't get them to operate smoothly.

Never had a problem with the F-5's elevator servos.

Leave a comment:

• flyinhigh042
    replied
    The new F-5 arrived at my doorstep the other day. It looks great! I will start the assembly process this weekend. Random question. Has anyone here attempted to change or upgrade the elevator servos with a different brand servo? Or have you all found the stock servos are good to go? I haven’t had a single problem with any servos in my other Freewing jets. I was just considering the potential advantages to a higher end servo on the full flying stabilizers.
    Thanks!
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• flyinhigh042
    replied
    Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
    Congrats on the order.

I think the F5 is most likely going to be my next purchase. Such an awesome jet & with the new inrunner it should be even better.
    Thanks. I agree. It looks like it will combine speed and high performance yet still be a manageable jet to fly. Looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Crick3t
    replied
    Congrats on the order.

I think the F5 is most likely going to be my next purchase. Such an awesome jet & with the new inrunner it should be even better.

Leave a comment:

• flyinhigh042
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D6808617-4E9D-490A-A259-9DFDAC7F4973.jpeg
Views:	923
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	253071 So this just happened...

Leave a comment:

• HenryL
    replied
    end of story,,,,,used several y connectors as suggested ,,when connected neither nose wheel or rudder worked, kept trying different y connectors connecting as suggested and finally it worked guess some incompatibility with certain connectors even though they fit
    so yes now my nose wheel and rudder work together ,, thanks for the help
    still can't fly the bird however as one of the elevator servos died .
    motionrc is sending a replacement so hopefully sometime this week can get it in the air

Leave a comment:

• HenryL
    replied
    Well some progress.... now the gear works well including the nosewheel , now is steerable on the rudder channel but the rudder does not work when connected to the y connector.
    testing the rudder servo itself with servo tester and plugged into the rudder channel yes that works ,,, still scratching my head on that one...probably flyable without the rudder ....but also probably not a great idea

Leave a comment:

Working...
X