X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

The VFC-111 boys changed their scheme up a little bit. I may do that or get it to look more like the local boys of vfc-13 like my 70mm F-16 will be getting....

Also I got an inrunner version sitting at home waiting for me. Got it for a friend and will be updating on performance with the new inrunner compared to the FMS 2000kv set up... then I will be upgrading to the 2100kv FMS set up after I install the new elevator servos!!
    Yea with the power upgrade you would think they would have upgrade the paint scheme to stimulate sales, I know I would buy a third one with a new scheme and HP . I am glad to hear you have a HP version, looking forward to your shake down flights and video .
    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• just got the f5, new to all this ,,,,everything good except cannot get the rudder and nosewheel to work together,,,i think i am not hooking it up correctly , using futaba 7 channel receiver any help would be appreciated
      thanks in advance

Comment

• HenryL Is the rudder servo and nosewheel steering servo Y-harnessed together and plugged into your receiver's Rudder channel? Or are you running them independently through the box?
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• thanks youw

well there are two rudder leads one from the back of the plane and one from the front, there is no blue box just leads
          aelerons flaps all have two lead y connectors
          there is a landing gear lead triple plugs ,,,,i plugged that in to the gear channel , two are for the main gear imagine one is for the nose wheel , but where to hook up that lead
          also in the front of the airplane there are two leads ,,,landing gear and rudder there is a y connector for them ,,, in the build video he explains everything but can't really see
          where to hook it up
          I will try hooking that y connector to the rudder channel and see what happens thanks again

Comment

• Well some progress.... now the gear works well including the nosewheel , now is steerable on the rudder channel but the rudder does not work when connected to the y connector.
            testing the rudder servo itself with servo tester and plugged into the rudder channel yes that works ,,, still scratching my head on that one...probably flyable without the rudder ....but also probably not a great idea

Comment

• end of story,,,,,used several y connectors as suggested ,,when connected neither nose wheel or rudder worked, kept trying different y connectors connecting as suggested and finally it worked guess some incompatibility with certain connectors even though they fit
              so yes now my nose wheel and rudder work together ,, thanks for the help
              still can't fly the bird however as one of the elevator servos died .
              motionrc is sending a replacement so hopefully sometime this week can get it in the air

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D6808617-4E9D-490A-A259-9DFDAC7F4973.jpeg
Views:	916
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	253071 So this just happened...

Comment

• Congrats on the order.

I think the F5 is most likely going to be my next purchase. Such an awesome jet & with the new inrunner it should be even better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
                    Congrats on the order.

I think the F5 is most likely going to be my next purchase. Such an awesome jet & with the new inrunner it should be even better.
                    Thanks. I agree. It looks like it will combine speed and high performance yet still be a manageable jet to fly. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• The new F-5 arrived at my doorstep the other day. It looks great! I will start the assembly process this weekend. Random question. Has anyone here attempted to change or upgrade the elevator servos with a different brand servo? Or have you all found the stock servos are good to go? I haven’t had a single problem with any servos in my other Freewing jets. I was just considering the potential advantages to a higher end servo on the full flying stabilizers.
                      Thanks!
                      ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
                        The new F-5 arrived at my doorstep the other day. It looks great! I will start the assembly process this weekend. Random question. Has anyone here attempted to change or upgrade the elevator servos with a different brand servo? Or have you all found the stock servos are good to go? I haven’t had a single problem with any servos in my other Freewing jets. I was just considering the potential advantages to a higher end servo on the full flying stabilizers.
                        Thanks!
                        ​​​
                        The only jet I've changed the elevator servos in due to poor performance have been the A-6 Intruder. They were always incredibly ratcheting, no matter what I did I couldn't get them to operate smoothly.

Never had a problem with the F-5's elevator servos.

Comment

• Putting together the HP version right now. It doesn't fit together with the quality of the newer releases, but not a big deal either. Interested to see how the F-5 flies, should be a lot of fun.

Comment

• Flew mine today, fun jet. Set up using the manual it was close. I did reduce the flap throw. The new HP version with the 3658-1857kV inrunner motor makes this jet a real hot rod. Landings are an absolute walk in the park. Can’t wait to put more flights on the F-5.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post
                              Flew mine today, fun jet. Set up using the manual it was close. I did reduce the flap throw. The new HP version with the 3658-1857kV inrunner motor makes this jet a real hot rod. Landings are an absolute walk in the park. Can’t wait to put more flights on the F-5.
                              Congrats! Happy to hear it went well and you like the F-5. I will be starting assembly of mine today. I’m excited.

Comment

• I got mine upgraded to the new FMS 2100kv inrunner set up. Holy smokes!!! It is even faster than it was befor and it was already at 140mph!!! Videos to come later
                                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                  I got mine upgraded to the new FMS 2100kv inrunner set up. Holy smokes!!! It is even faster than it was befor and it was already at 140mph!!! Videos to come later
                                  Good to hear. I had an older version sitting in a box and finally assembled it las week. Also had one of the FMS 2100 units laying around so I dropped that in as well. Looking forward to trying that out!

Comment

• I just put the fms 2100kv fan and motor combo in my eflite f18 and wow what an upgrade. I think the fms 2100kv fan and motor setup will absolutely fly in the f5 airframe. The fan should be a lot more efficient expanding flight time as well as performance.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	258E0B15-9BDC-4C4F-98E4-DC9D3B81F777.jpeg
Views:	684
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	256439 F-5 joins the fleet! Maiden to come...

Comment

• Here is one of the videos from this past weekend...
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post
                                          Putting together the HP version right now. It doesn't fit together with the quality of the newer releases, but not a big deal either. Interested to see how the F-5 flies, should be a lot of fun.
                                          I definitely agree the quality isn’t the same as the newer stuff. I added some carbon rods to the nose section which stiffened it greatly. I was not happy with the flex and felt it just needed a little more support.

Comment

Working...
                                          X