Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this the part you're all referring to?

Comment

• Yup.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        The A-10 strut pins are the same way and there was a rash of snapped pins it seemed for awhile and now you don't hear hardly anything about them snapping anymore. A harder than desired landing, even mains first, can still snap the pin as it is hardened and brittle and as such I believe it is designed for that purpose.
        It appears that the nose pins for the A-10 at least are now being made of a new material. They seem to be the same metal used in the Spitfire wheel axels instead of the brittle black metal they were made of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

It appears that the nose pins for the A-10 at least are now being made of a new material. They seem to be the same metal used in the Spitfire wheel axels instead of the brittle black metal they were made of.
          I have not seen a new one so I couldn't tell that is the case. Definitely news to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	35521035_10217168863912478_5982834235818377216_n.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	137561Click image for larger version

Name:	35694864_10217168863472467_7682749877456994304_n.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	137562
            AkumaZeto, Are those the 3DP parts from MotionRC? You are doing a great job there! Bravo Zulu....Best Elbee
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes. They are the 3DP parts from Motion. Very nice quality. The prints are super smooth and clean.

Comment

Yes. They are the 3DP parts from Motion. Very nice quality. The prints are super smooth and clean.
                RCJD, did you print these for yourself? Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Not only did Ben weather the seats, he did his thumbnail as well! :)
                  Pat

Comment

• No. I bought them from Motion back in April and just got them last week. I immediately sent them to Ben to paint for a static canopy/cockpit to display on my F-4J.

Comment

• Wow those seats look BEAUTIFUL!!! Did you print or buy?
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Wait , just got my answer!
                        RC Jet Dude.... Which 3D printer do you have? or recommend......
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• He actually bought the 3DPUP set from Motion.

As for printer recommendations, I suggest a Pruse i3 MK3. It's pricey ($750), but the quality is MUCH better than I've seen with other less expensive printers (like the Anet for example). A friend of mine printed up the F-4 parts for me on his Anet a month ago, then I got my Prusa last week. Huge difference in print quality.
                          Pat

Comment

• Many Thanks brother! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                              He actually bought the 3DPUP set from Motion.

As for printer recommendations, I suggest a Pruse i3 MK3. It's pricey ($750), but the quality is MUCH better than I've seen with other less expensive printers (like the Anet for example). A friend of mine printed up the F-4 parts for me on his Anet a month ago, then I got my Prusa last week. Huge difference in print quality.
                              I'm looking at getting one of these for the hangar, can you post some pictures of the F-4 parts you printed?
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I haven’t seen anyone able to duplicate the precision of Freewings prints , particularly the cockpit. Most hobbyist level printers will not be able to come close to the required resolution. The nozzles and ordinance come out “ok” here’s my nozzle prints and a sparrow done on a Cel Robox

Comment

I have not seen a new one so I couldn't tell that is the case. Definitely news to me.
                                  I can confirm Steve. I just received two last week. It looks like they are using the new ones on the recent shipment of A-10s as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
                                    I haven’t seen anyone able to duplicate the precision of Freewings prints , particularly the cockpit. Most hobbyist level printers will not be able to come close to the required resolution. The nozzles and ordinance come out “ok” here’s my nozzle prints and a sparrow done on a Cel Robox
                                    What printer are you using?
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

What printer are you using?
                                      A Cel Robox

Robox 3D Printer, Dual Extruder, High Definition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PUXJWTM..._7kqkBbZTVJP2D

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

I can confirm Steve. I just received two last week. It looks like they are using the new ones on the recent shipment of A-10s as well.
                                        And as we have now come to expect from FW. The customer reactions drove them (via MRC ;)) to remedy out the brittle ones. :Cool:
                                        I remember how FMS reacted (then/now) :Yawn: to the marketplace concerns. :Straight-Face:
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I'm looking at getting one of these for the hangar, can you post some pictures of the F-4 parts you printed?
                                          Here's a pic of the nozzles done on the Prusa. I'm printing up the cockpit and ladders now and will post images when done (the right one is painted, the left unpainted, my PLA is silver). Orientation plays a big part in the quality of the print, and I'm working on that now.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X