• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jetman64 View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EA5E0421-5997-4224-98A0-FF2DC6D02F85.jpeg
Views:	1231
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	214562 This is the other Phantom I recently completed, my first art work done on any RC Jet. I do have a little secret when doing this part of the hobby, DON’T FORGET CALLIE GRAPHICS!!! The make you look like a seasoned pro...
    Thanks Callie, U ROCK!!!
    Did the 105mm fit?

Comment

• Son of the Daedalus, Sorry to read about your impending demise. Just joking and "Welcome to the 'Squawk'", Sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I appreciate the consolation and welcome. Always loved the Phantom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus View Post
          I appreciate the consolation and welcome. Always loved the Phantom.
          LOL!!!! Nothing but love here!!!! Welcome aboard!!! Jerry

Comment

• I recently built and flew my Freewing F-4 Phantom and wanted to share my experience. The build is extremely simple and WOW is it a big EDF! Clear the table off! I spent far more time on radio setup than building and setting up linkages. I am a 10 year Spektrum user but used a new-to-me Futaba 18SZ for the F-4. I must say I am blown away at how smooth the sticks feel. There's a steep learning curve with the different user interface and using it with an Eagle A3 Super 3 gyro but after some late nights it's all setup and working very well together. The Eagle Super 3 PC interface makes it very easy to make quick changes to the gyro. The maiden felt great, tweaks were made, and it's become a real favorite of mine. It's flies like a lighter EDF and landings are a non event. I am looking forward to more flights on this one!

*Freewing F-4 90mm
            *Stock 130amp ESC
            *Stock 3748 1750Kv w/9-Blade
            *Futaba SBUS
            *Eagle A3 Super 3 Gyro (gyro OFF/ON/Recovery selected on 3-way switch)
            *Admiral Carbon 6S 5100Mah

Name:	20190917_180907.jpg
Views:	1104
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	214746

Name:	20190917_171409.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	214748

Name:	20190818_173643.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	214749
            Attached Files

Comment

• Hey there, rcguy83
              I Havent put mine together yet
              but if it's ok with you when it comes time, I'd like to get some neccessary input from you. If you don't mind, that is!
              I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of people, plenty of questions but I'm seriously committed to having an uneventful maiden flight.

Comment

Did the 105mm fit?
                That bird is still on the bench, but it’s looking good so far. Updates will come once I’ve got the fuse back together.

Comment

• Sweet, yea keep us updated. I bet the Phantom II is the perfect FW model for a 105mm fan.

Comment

Sweet, yea keep us updated. I bet the Phantom II is the perfect FW model for a 105mm fan.
                    I wonder how the JF100 would do in this? I might have to take on that project.

Comment

• I had nothing else to do on a rainy day , so I painted my air intakes.

Name:	72445701_2366992030002790_7926727740974170112_n.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	215883Click image for larger version

Name:	71546896_2366992093336117_7738061320993374208_n.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	215884
                      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
                        I had nothing else to do on a rainy day , so I painted my air intakes.
                        T33, I got a grin outta your 'rainy day' work. I did the very same thing last winter a 'rainy cold day'. Looks great. Now you should add a set of the 3DP VIRs to add to your detail. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Awesomeness Tango 33 !!,..... and I see you've got your Pylons squared away as well Outstanding !!

​​​​​​I've taken a few more Liberties' with ol 463 over here !! Hahahahaha She's now a SharkMouth'd LongNose E-Model 468 of 'CY' .... and there ain't stopping on the Mods with it !! Enjoy ! Cheers !!!

Name:	IMG_20190924_111719.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	215897

Name:	IMG_20191006_121335.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	215898Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191005_011912.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	215899

Name:	IMG_20191005_102148.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	215900

Comment

• [QUOTE=Bobaroo;n215896]She's now a Shark-Mouth'd Long Nose E-Model/QUOTE]

BBR, Diggin' the "Rhinoplasty" if you'll pardon the pun. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                              Awesomeness Tango 33 !!,..... and I see you've got your Pylons squared away as well Outstanding !!

​​​​​​I've taken a few more Liberties' with ol 463 over here !! Hahahahaha She's now a SharkMouth'd LongNose E-Model 468 of 'CY' .... and there ain't stopping on the Mods with it !! Enjoy ! Cheers !!!
                              OUTSTANDING !!
                              BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Thanks Guys !! Probably the Best EPOJet for the $$$ out of All of them. Such a great Flyer.

I'm about to retire this one and get deep into another one. ThanksAgain to all of you Enthusiasts out there who've helped me out in various ways with this project... LB,Tom,Steve,Mike, Evan, Herb and others !! UGuyzRock !!! Cheers

Comment

• BBR, No Problem-o, Sir. Love your work. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• RCguy 83, I also fly Futaba, an 18SZ. Don't know if your interested but I fly mine with a Flex Innovations Aura and it flies great and smooth. There's a video,https://youtu.be/AfPJ-UrKZWU, showing mine flying at SEFF. My son can send you the program for the Aura that we are using in the F-4. I can guarantee that you will like it way better than your current gyro.
                                    One other note- Futaba uses negative expo for your throws. Opposite of everyone else's radio. I'll admit that I have been flying Futaba since before expo and until about 5 years I had positive expo in all my planes until I found out about the negative expo. I use to have a 14g but I love this 18SZ much better. You will also find that setting the flaps is a pain until you do it a few times.
                                    Last edited by Rosytime; Oct 9, 2019, 04:11 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

• You da man!

Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                                      Thanks Guys !! Probably the Best EPOJet for the $$$ out of All of them. Such a great Flyer.

I'm about to retire this one and get deep into another one. ThanksAgain to all of you Enthusiasts out there who've helped me out in various ways with this project... LB,Tom,Steve,Mike, Evan, Herb and others !! UGuyzRock !!! Cheers

Comment

Sweet, yea keep us updated. I bet the Phantom II is the perfect FW model for a 105mm fan.
                                        I agree, the fuse is plenty wide/tall at the right place. My problem right now, having to make the ducting. After carving out all that foam, the only way to make it work is to fab my own duct work so the EDF can breath correctly and making it fit. As it stands now, the numbers I’ve calculated, are telling me it should be enough air flow. But I’ve run some tests and it just doesn’t sound like it’s getting enough air. Once I’ve completed the ducting, I’ll set it up on my thrust test stand and see what happens. More to come in a few weeks (I’m not rich, so I have a job(I wish I was😝))...

Comment

• [QUOTE=Bobaroo;n215896]Awesomeness Tango 33 !!,..... and I see you've got your Pylons squared away as well Outstanding !!

Who did your black strip intake decals or is that painted , and where can I get them?

Comment

Working...
                                          X