Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My second F4 has just arrived at UK Customs from China .........might build it and keep it as an objet d'art on the coffee table .....

Comment

• Pilot Rolf in action

Comment

• In case you missed it, here is my transition video:

I #200 did repaint the green/brown Phantom, my co-pilot #201 painted the grey model.

Comment

• Just back from a flight plagued with silly problems ....Main gear hinge sticky not letting the wheel bed down properly...no cell count on the Esc....steering slightly off (rough field)...dogs ....one flap not going fully to second stage..............Still made it, all the niggles fixed and well worth the effort to see it up in a perfect light grey overcast sky......how close to heaven can one get ??

Comment

• Guess whose big box arrived yesterday ????????

Comment

• I've been a member there for a few years and will be going there for my f4's maiden pretty soon. Awesome field.

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
              Today I flew as a guest at an RC field with a paved runway. This place was a private airport in the 1960's. It was really fun to come down for the landing and hold that high-alpha position and just let it settle perfectly in, no worries about the runway being too short.

I took a belly-cam video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IOkB8HKsSk

PS I use a 3-axis gyro from Motion, it works extremely well.

Comment

• Here's my F4...ready for a maiden.

Comment

• Looks great! I like your shop too, from what little I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by djmoose View Post
                    Here's my F4...ready for a maiden.

Nice......................... good luck with the maiden.....

Comment

What color blue did you use?

Comment

• I was a mechanic at Edwards AFB 1977-81 I worked on those very F-4s there. There was also a prototype YF-4E that was white with the orange trim and a nice shark mouth. That is the one I am going to model. I bought plastic model decals that I am going to ask Callie to make a set for me.I got a great F-4E conversation nose kit from The RC Geek as well as his afterburner kit, check him out.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what the scale of the FW Phantom is so I can order decals?

Comment

• Originally posted by combatflyr View Post
                            Can anyone tell me what the scale of the FW Phantom is so I can order decals?
                            It's about 12th scale. But if you order from Callie-Graphics and tell her its for the Freewing F-4, she has the exact sizes already

Comment

DJ, You have done an incredible job, Sir. She is a beauty. Congrats and good hunting on your first check ride. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Rust-Oleum 249114 Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover, 12 Oz, Gloss Deep Blue

Probably not the "correct" blue...and it doesn't match the decals...but I'm not wasn't worried about it...just like I wasn't worried too much about accidently placing the black decals on top of the intakes a bit too far back.

Maiden tomorrow!

Originally posted by Robbie9859901 View Post

What color blue did you use?

Comment

Yup Killer Livery, I am doing the same! My 3D printer has been working overtime. Still more to print.... and my Markings from Callie arrived!

Raw PLA prints don't photograph well. they will look awesome when I paint them up!
                                    Attached Files
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                      Yup Killer Livery, I am doing the same! My 3D printer has been working overtime. Still more to print.... and my Markings from Callie arrived! Raw PLA prints don't photograph well. they will look awesome when I paint them up!
                                      E4, I think your PLA Prints are too cool for school, and that's a great pilot figure. Post many pictures of your progress. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Some glamour shots from the field this morning. I have her dialed in very well now. The 8S setup flies great and can cruise just fine at just above half throttle...can get 4 minutes with a nice scale flight.
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	f42.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	399.9 KB
ID:	275587Click image for larger version

Name:	f41.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	275588
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• djmoose Looks great!