Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we know exactly how the landing light works? It comes on intermittently for me...and it's not the LEDs or wiring to the LEDs, because I can plug them into the strobe channel...and they immediately come on and strobe every time.

Should it always be on when the gear is down...or does it only come on after the gear is lowered? Have there been problems like this with the white A-10 board?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Triggered by the board when you lower the gear.

Comment

• A question for you Phantom drivers. Do you recommend flying with or without the drop tanks on the maiden?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
          A question for you Phantom drivers. Do you recommend flying with or without the drop tanks on the maiden?
          I flew my maiden without...however I don't feel that they effect flight at all....AND...I personally think they help with orientation bit. Bottom line, not much flight difference...usually help with optics during flight. There is nothing to be cautious about with having them on. (my 2 cents)

Comment

• Plus "1" on improving site picture with the tanks..
            Also... on the maiden.... after you rotate and gain some angels ... Throttle back.. It will fly at 1/2 throttle LOL.
            I learned the hard way...
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

A question for you Phantom drivers. Do you recommend flying with or without the drop tanks on the maiden?
              Defo with the tanks, no effect on flight or CG,looks awesome and helps with orientation. I curse when I forget them. I don't bother with the missiles as they're usually hidden by the tanks .

Comment

My maiden was an accident without tanks so after a proper maiden I fitted the tanks but BOTH fell off on the bumpy grass before lift off. Need stronger magnets which I don't have so I've yet to fly with them.

New F4 is finished, less radio, lying in the spare bedroom resting !!

Comment

• I have plenty of rare earth magnets, I will add some extra magnets to the pylons and tanks to secure the tanks.

Comment

• Just back from a flight with a wee rearward CG change .......2% up trim removed ........nothing dramatic but it did want to leave the ground before I wanted it to, kind of had a touch and go on take off. Changing the subject, when I had my tree incident the forward fuselage got slightly twisted. Since then the canopy sits high about 1/4" midway along. I would like to put some kind of putty along that section and fit the canopy with cling film between it and the putty to mould a good fit then repaint it. Any stock product or home made "stuff" you chaps know that fits the bill ? If it wasn't foam I would just use Isopon car filler but that eats foam.

Comment

• I have success with DAP Lightweight Spackling compound, but it is soft and easily chipped/dented. For my canopy gap fill, I used Bondic UV-cured glue put down in thin layers. That stuff is a bit expensive, but a great addition to your toolkit. It is hard as nails, once set. Sands to a nice paintable finish, too. Trust me....you’ll want the refills, too.

Great for small fill jobs, wingtip scrapes, foam dents, gluing stuff together.

AMAZON
                      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UAH19FS..._wk1FFbRR59PSJ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z7NO7MM..._.k1FFbJ28YTDM

Examples;
                      I noticed a small chunk missing from my F-4’s elevator tip. Fixed and looks perfect.
                      Made a sharp turn and scraped off a portion of the MiG-29 wingtip. Filled with Bondic, sanded, painted...cannot even see the damage. Added benefit....next time, only the paint will scrape off.
                      My glasses nose bridge broke. Repair made!
                      The uses go on and on. I am not a paid spokesperson or affiliated with the company. LOL

-GG

Comment

• Thanks for info GG .......word of warning though ..never tell a Scotsman that something is expensive...pre-curser to heart failure , I remember a while ago doing a repair on a deep crack in a wing with epoxy mixed with talc on the old LX F4U and it seemed to handle a bit like putty although it did run some. Might mix it thicker and try that again. It's all the peripheral damage repairing these wee bits that is most annoying. If that screws up it's back to balsa and wood glue!! The good old days !

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                          Just back from a flight with a wee rearward CG change .......2% up trim removed ........nothing dramatic but it did want to leave the ground before I wanted it to, kind of had a touch and go on take off. Changing the subject, when I had my tree incident the forward fuselage got slightly twisted. Since then the canopy sits high about 1/4" midway along. I would like to put some kind of putty along that section and fit the canopy with cling film between it and the putty to mould a good fit then repaint it. Any stock product or home made "stuff" you chaps know that fits the bill ? If it wasn't foam I would just use Isopon car filler but that eats foam.
                          I've used at times the same DAP spackling at times as GliderGuy , also DAP Acrylic Latex caulk but really like another DAP product called Stong Stik Adhesive. Goes on similar to the spackling and looks similar but dries much harder and can be sanded to mold into wherever it is needed. Sticks to foam very well and can be smoothed out to fit right with a "wet" finger for up to 10 minutes after putting it down. Once fully dried, then can be sanded for final fit and texture. All are available at HD.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201008_160825.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.2 KB ID:	279586
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• "All are available at HD." Hugh...........that depot is a long way from home for me....slightly over 4000 miles !!

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                              "All are available at HD." Hugh...........that depot is a long way from home for me....slightly over 4000 miles !!
                              Sorry, I do know you are from the "better part of the UK", as usual I wasn't thinking when I made the post. How about using some Silly Putty?
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I have my F-4 loaded up for the maiden tomorrow. I made a couple PVC cradles to hold the fuselages. They work very well and I can set them out on the stand at the field and put the wings on then power up and lower the gear while in the cradle.
                                At $15-20 a pop not a bad investment.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• In the pictures it looks like the pilots are jack-o-lanterns. I know they aren't... Need racks for the wings too.

Comment

• "I have my F-4 loaded up for the maiden tomorrow."

Good luck Waco......don't haul the F4 off, give it time to make up it's own mind and if it's undecided give it a wee bit help !! If you get it right you can wear the same pants home...maybe !!

Comment

• Joining the club! Just bought the 8s version second hand here locally. Me and RCJetDude will be heading out soon! Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201009_181450081.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	279796

Comment

• Hi All

I am new to this forum. Have been a modeler for 54 years (mostly scratch building) and just acquired the FW F-4 which I plan to re-finish as an Israeli F-4E. The model came with a Hobby Eagle A3 Super V2 gyro.

I plan on using a Spektrum AR8000 Rx.

I have watched many videos on this F-4 as well as the Gyro.

I would like to hear from people who have this gyro in their F-4 and their experience. Thus far the only experience I have is with a Bavarian Demon in my Avanti and my turbine highly modified Reaction 54.

Thanks

Josh

Comment

• Originally posted by n99jh1 View Post
                                          Hi All

I am new to this forum. Have been a modeler for 54 years (mostly scratch building) and just acquired the FW F-4 which I plan to re-finish as an Israeli F-4E. The model came with a Hobby Eagle A3 Super V2 gyro. I plan on using a Spektrum AR8000 Rx. I have watched many videos on this F-4 as well as the Gyro. I would like to hear from people who have this gyro in their F-4 and their experience. Thus far the only experience I have is with a Bavarian Demon in my Avanti and my turbine highly modified Reaction 54. Thanks Josh
                                          Josh, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Check out the product link and then the setup overview in the links below. Please post pictures of your build and "E" nose modifications. Looking forward to watching your progress. Best, LB

https://www.motionrc.com/collections/rc-airplane-gyros-and-flight-stabilizers/products/eagle-a3-super-3-standard-edition-airplane-gyro

www.motionrc.com/collections/rc-airplane-gyros-and-flight-stabilizers/products/eagle-a3-super-3-standard-edition-airplane-gyro#video-tab

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X