X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8795.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	289098 Ok... Pretty close ...Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8804.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	289096Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8800.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	147.4 KB ID:	289097
    I so want that, want to sell it..............

You did an awesome job on it that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
      Your not going to fly it surely??
      Funny... My Mom use to tell me that every time I took a newly finished plane outta the basement to maiden. Bless her heart!
      Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• e4dragongunner, What is there to say that has not already been written. Great looking Phantom, simply Phabulous. It takes time, vision and patience and you have persevered. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post

Funny... My Mom use to tell me that every time I took a newly finished plane outta the basement to maiden. Bless her heart!
          Well the first plane I ever built was a Carl Goldberg scale Cessna.I'd never seen an R/C model fly or knew anyone who flew them. As a professional artist and trained woodcarver I made a great job of the plane. I took it to the local cricket ground and got it to lift off about three feet and settle down so I knew it could fly.

Took it to the "experts " in a town 50 miles away and saw for the first time R/C planes flying. The head honcho said he would maiden the plane for me. This guy was old,(half my age now) so I thought it was in safe hands. Off it went and after a minute or so he put it into a spin and whatever happened it spiralled into the ground and was wrecked almost beyond repair. That was some lesson!!

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
            Your not going to fly it surely??
            You betcha I am :-)
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Great looking bird gunner,
              It’s not a airplane unless you fly it , 6 more flights on my SEA F-4 today, I have 2 but have that phantom itch for another. They just look so cool and so many color schemes.

Comment

• Thanks brother. She won't be my last.... Really itching to do a Camo nicely weathered and chipped. Weathering Camo is a huge undertaking to do it correctly anyway. :-)
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Adding two more pics. I used portrait mode on these, Finised weathering the tail cones, added some red piping on the horizontals and used natural light, Needed to see how it looked outside. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8808.jpeg
Views:	749
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	289218Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8815.jpeg
Views:	727
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	289219

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                    I used portrait mode and used natural light, Needed to see how it looked outside.]
                    E4, That's when the "Forrestal" still had a wooden flight deck. She does look realistic. Would like to do another Phantom myself. Excellent work. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I know it's in jest but the Forrest Fire never had wood. Midway on were armored steel decks. Midway was about 4" thick. When they did deck work replacing padeyes we could see day light and the thickness in my work space on the O-2 level.

Comment

• Yea. That fire was a tragedy .... hard to watch.
                        Always love some history Evan!

And that Deck under my Rhino is " TREX" LOL

Comment

• I have three 3D printer files for a cockpit that I would like to get printed. I have checked online but those places are way too expensive. Does anyone here know where I can get these 3D files printed for a reasonable price??

Comment

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
                            I have three 3D printer files for a cockpit that I would like to get printed. I have checked online but those places are way too expensive. Does anyone here know where I can get these 3D files printed for a reasonable price??
                            https://thercgeek.com/3d-printed-products-services/

https://www.motionrc.com/products/f-4-phantom-ii-3d-printed-cockpit-set

Paul, Have you tried "The RC Geek" for printing services? Also, MotionRC has a Resin 3DP cockpit set for sale and also has 3DP Exhaust Nozzles. Check out both links. Best, LB
                            Last edited by Elbee; Dec 8, 2020, 01:49 PM.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I have three 3D printer files for a cockpit that I would like to get printed. I have checked online but those places are way too expensive. Does anyone here know where I can get these 3D files printed for a reasonable price??
                              As Elbee suggested, the 3 cockpit parts and nozzles are available under "Upgrades" under any of the F-4's for $23 and $26 respectively. I bought those for both of my F-4's and was happy with the quality. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181127_182431.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	289453Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_130344.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	289454Click image for larger version

Name:	20181106_225906.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	289455Click image for larger version

Name:	20180924_213113.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	289456
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

As Elbee suggested, the 3 cockpit parts and nozzles are available under "Upgrades" under any of the F-4's for $23 and $26 respectively. I bought those for both of my F-4's and was happy with the quality. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181127_182431.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	289453Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_130344.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	289454Click image for larger version

Name:	20181106_225906.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	289455Click image for larger version

Name:	20180924_213113.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	289456
                                The files I have are not for the Phantom, they are for a Flightline F4U Corsair. I was hoping somebody on the forum charges to print out files. I did try RC Geek but he did not respond.

Comment

I did try RC Geek but he did not respond.
                                  PS, Try again. He is a busy guy. Also, you might attach the 3Dp STL Files to your request, if you did not do so the first time. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Don't forget to wear a mask ! LOL
                                    Attached Files
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Comment

• Gunner
                                        here is my well worn SEA F-4
                                        still working out weathering, bit different than custom painting vehicles

Comment

• Successful "re-maiden" with rebuilt F4 today..first time the weather has been close to suitable. Left the analogue servo in the tail and it worked fine,I couldn't sense any difference in the handling at all. Used an HRB 6000 for the first time, quite impressive, it had 3.9 left after a spot on timed 3 minute flight. It weighs less than my 5000 H/Duty Turnigy and Optipower batteries.I'll push it to 3.30 next flight ...an extra 30 secs in the air is more than welcome !

Comment

Working...
                                          X