Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was going to mention the same thing that Elbee wrote - that you can change the length. What I do is install two whistles, with one shortened a bit, so that the sound "screams" a little. If you install two that are exactly the same length, it will literally sound like only one whistle (perhaps a little louder than one).

These whistles blank out at high speed, but they are great when you are taxing or idling in during landing approach. I find that they are a good "speed indicator" when you're landing, in other words you can judge the right throttle setting on your landing approach by the sound they make.
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hi, I wanted to know all the improvements and tips on the F4 to make before the first flights and here the time is not flying so no more tinkering before the sunny days. In the meantime to read you. Thank you🙂

Comment

• Do you use gyros of this type (Super 3 V2 from Eagle) on your machines Thank you👍
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Ludovic View Post
          Do you use gyros of this type (Super 3 V2 from Eagle) on your machines Thank you👍
          Those gyros are fine. I happen to use the AR636 receivers with gyro because I have over 20 of them and feel very comfortable programming them (which can be a pain at first as there are very few good instructions available). I happen to like the ability to have 3 different modes of gains programmed, and usually tie it to the flaps for more gains on landing and take-off. The programming app on my phone lets me program it exactly how I like it and on the Spektrum transmitters, there is a display window that shows exactly how much gain is programmed in each control surface and how much the receiver is giving in each mode. Just something more for the pre-flight checklist to make sure everything is responding correctly. But everybody has their favorite equipment, so that's just my 2 cents.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Here are the prints of the weekend that goes more than painting ... the rest for the next ....
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are the prints of the weekend that goes more than painting ... the rest for the next ....
              LDV, Very nice work, Sir. I recognize a few of those parts Post more pictures, please, as you progress. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hello, I received my pilots from jet hangar hobbies 1/12 scale. I notice that there is a big deformation in the helmet. Did you also have this problem. See the pictures ? If so how did you proceed! Do I have to fill in or fill in with putty? Thank you for your comeback.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I received my pilots from jet hangar hobbies 1/12 scale. I notice that there is a big deformation in the helmet. Did you also have this problem. See the pictures ? If so how did you proceed! Do I have to fill in or fill in with putty? Thank you for your comeback.
                  That is what I did. They are essentially rotocast in a rubber mold. If the separation line doesn't go back together just right that will happen. It has never been a big issue to overcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

That is what I did. They are essentially rotocast in a rubber mold. If the separation line doesn't go back together just right that will happen. It has never been a big issue to overcome.

Steve, what do you apply as sealant to make up for the flaws?👍

Comment

Steve, what do you apply as sealant to make up for the flaws?👍
                      Squadron putty or something similar.

Comment

• Hello,
                        I just purchased the 8S Phantom and after using up all three of my 8s 5000 packs this weekend with 4min flights at 65-70% all the time and two 100% quick bursts for fun.

So I experimented with my 6S 10000 pack from Roaring Top (I use it in my ME262 for longer flights) and the plane flew slightly heavier with a longer takeoff roll and no need for a trim change in flight.

Flew at 75% most of the 4 min flight and still had 50% left on the battery when I landed. (I am really liking the idea of 6-7 min flights at 70%)

So the big question, am I hurting the ESC or fan flying with the 6s? Thanks

Comment

Hello, I received my pilots from jet hangar hobbies 1/12 scale. I notice that there is a big deformation in the helmet. Did you also have this problem. See the pictures ? If so how did you proceed! Do I have to fill in or fill in with putty? Thank you for your comeback.
                          LDV, I wanted to chime in on the JHH pilots. It is not uncommon for these pilot figures to come flawed in this manner. Not a big deal, I suppose, but just another reason why the hobby really needs both a better selection of pilot figures and 3DP pilot figure options IMHO. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Scott, help me out. I was going to make some suggestions but wanted to see what you are doing first. I don't see that Roaring Top makes a 10,000 6S pack. And I'm not sure you have a 5000 8S either. I'm thereby assuming that you are putting two packs in series to get 8S and maybe two in parallel to get the 10Ah. Can you be more specific about what you are doing. I guess I should also ask is it a FreeWing 8S set up since I don't want to assume that either.

To answer your basic question a 6S setup has to pull more amps to get the wattage power of a 8S. But assuming you have a stock set up I assume (see my problem with not knowing exactly what you are doing) you are within the ESCs amp rating. Since you are probably at a higher throttle setting more on 6S than 8S it's not ideal but probably within the ratings.

But let me know specifics and I can tell you the batteries I'm using or give you some suggestions specific to your set up.

Originally posted by ScottMe262 View Post
                            Hello,
                            I just purchased the 8S Phantom and after using up all three of my 8s 5000 packs this weekend with 4min flights at 65-70% all the time and two 100% quick bursts for fun.

So I experimented with my 6S 10000 pack from Roaring Top (I use it in my ME262 for longer flights) and the plane flew slightly heavier with a longer takeoff roll and no need for a trim change in flight.

Flew at 75% most of the 4 min flight and still had 50% left on the battery when I landed. (I am really liking the idea of 6-7 min flights at 70%)

So the big question, am I hurting the ESC or fan flying with the 6s? Thanks

Comment

• The Phantom is setup for 8S, 5000 is the recommended Battery, When i fly 8s I use a 6S 5000 and a 2s 5000 in series to get the 8S. Its certainly faster, but burns through the Pack fast. the Roaring Top 6s 10000 is on the second 6s page on their site. here https://www.roaringtopusa.com/25c-10...s-25c-10000-6s I have a number of them. it fits right in the compartment all the way back against the servo board and it flew great, just didn't want to hurt the electronics running 6S on an 8S designed system.

Comment

• Thanks, I always look at Jetwerxs for RT batteries and they don’t have all of them I guess.

You won’t hurt your system but with the heavy pack and only 6S it must be sluggish.

I use Hobby Stars and they have a light 8000 in 6 and 2s that would be 1200g together. RCJuice.com

Comment

• Thanks Evan, Ill take a look at the hobby stars ones.
                                  It had a longer takeoff roll but once it got going it flew normally without any hint of it being heavier. just a lot longer flight time :-)

Comment

• Got my F-4 out today for a couple of flights along with 3 other jets of mine (posted in the thread "What did you fly today").

Had a new issue come up with the F-4. We had 15-20 mph gusting crosswinds and by the 2nd flight later in the day, it was acting a bit erratic vertically. Thought at first that the gusting winds was making it jump up and down, or maybe I moved the 6000mah battery a little too far back and it was slightly tail heavy (but sure it wasn't that, still at 195mm).

When I got it back and it was sitting still on the ground, the wind was gusting over it from the rear and I noticed the elevators were jittering up and down in the wind. Removed the tail cover and found that the entire elevator servo was loose. The servo sits in a rectangular slot in the foam and I guess it's just lightly glued in. The glue came loose allowing the servo to move forward and backwards. Luckily, I was able to control it enough that a "mishap" didn't occur, but glad I check. Another flight might have been "all she wrote". That sucker is now mounted in for good, hope I never have to change it out or it could be some major surgery to remove it.

Anyone else have this issue? You may want to check the servo just to be sure it's securely in.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• This and the need for a stronger push rod has been well documented in the forums. Good you caught it.

Comment

• I "flew" the RAF Sim for the F4 a few times when the Fighting Cocks were based at RAF Leuchars in Scotland.(Long time ago!) Landing was done on about 2/3 power and a fairly high AOA ,increasing power to flare rather than pulling the stick back. Essentially sink rate was controlled by power and speed with elevator. I was looking at mixing throttle and flaps and elevator to find a "nice" balance for a steady approach as I have a very short field, and I mean field!! ...Any of you flyers tried that ? Waiting for my Freewing F4 from China though I was weaned on the Maratuka Phantomin the 70's and have a 60 Rossi powered Omega Sqdn . in the "hangar"

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          This and the need for a stronger push rod has been well documented in the forums. Good you caught it.
                                          Yes, I do remember reading about the problem with the push rod but forgot about the problem with the servo coming loose. Freewing should have mounted it in a hard plastic casing and screwed the servo in place, just my 3rd grade engineering thought.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X