Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, I am ready for my maiden. I set it up by the book for CG and used MM for my rates. What are you guys running for CG? It's the 6s version. And what did you end up with for rates, elevator nuetral, and flap mix? Close to the book?

Comment

• Between here and the RCG thread we’ve all posted this. I maidened mine a long time ago at all the book numbers but believe my CG is now further back but throws are about the same. Did you reenforce the elevator push rod?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        Between here and the RCG thread we’ve all posted this. I maidened mine a long time ago at all the book numbers but believe my CG is now further back but throws are about the same. Did you reenforce the elevator push rod?
        ok, thanks. I did upgrade the elevator servo setup.

Comment

• Elbee
          Elbee commented
          Editing a comment
          TB, Great work on the mod for the Elevator Push-rod. Best, LB

• Now you are good!!! Everyone needs to do that if you “Want to live”.

Comment

• Originally posted by TedBull View Post

ok, thanks. I did upgrade the elevator servo setup.

What is the brand of the push rod? I find it top in size
          thank you

Comment

• Hello all,

got my F-4C some days ago, a 2nd hand model from another pilot who passed away some time ago. The model was flown once and then stored. Found that it has the 8S setup so wanted to know if it can be flown with a 6S battery. Upon connecting saw the ESC does not make a cell count when connecting a 5200 50C 6S battery which is what I have right now. Am I missing something? Do have the Hobbywing programming card so can make any changes to the ESC as needed. If 8S is the only way to go with the current setup then I will have no trouble in adding the 2S 5200 5C batteries.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carlos Cordova
            FLL

Comment

• Originally posted by A320jockey View Post
              Hello all,

got my F-4C some days ago, a 2nd hand model from another pilot who passed away some time ago. The model was flown once and then stored. Found that it has the 8S setup so wanted to know if it can be flown with a 6S battery. Upon connecting saw the ESC does not make a cell count when connecting a 5200 50C 6S battery which is what I have right now. Am I missing something? Do have the Hobbywing programming card so can make any changes to the ESC as needed. If 8S is the only way to go with the current setup then I will have no trouble in adding the 2S 5200 5C batteries.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carlos Cordova
              FLL
              Definetly add a 2S batterie!

Comment

• With all this extra time on my hands, I finished all my minor fixes and modifications to my entire fleet. The pushrods and clevises of my F4 Phantom and F4 Blue Angel were the last as I had earlier secured the servos in. Now what do I do to keep busy?

I didn't have a larger diameter push rod to install, so I kept the FW rod and slipped a 4mm carbon fiber tube over it for rigidity, fit perfectly. All my 2-56 heavy duty ball link clevises don't fit the FW rod either, so I used the ball and clevis from some spare parts of the SU-30 for that and attached the ball with a 2mm allen head bolt and lock washer. Not as snazzy as everyone else's fixes, but it's at least better than it was before. Probably should have upgraded the servo as well, but need to live a little dangerously, and besides, if there is a mishap with the elevator, at least I have something else to blame other than the true cause of "pilot error".

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_183959.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	243852

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ludovic View Post

What is the brand of the push rod? I find it top in size
                  thank you
                  4-40 threaded steel rod, 3mm ID carbon fiber sleeve, and traxxas rod ends.

Comment

• " I have something else to blame other than the true cause of "pilot error"." What's pilot error Hugh ??

Comment

• locharrow Hugh Wiedman , Isn't that like 'Happy Error'? or 'to hour is human' or "I'll be back in an error"? I am confused about "Pilot Error", it must be a mechanical. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                        locharrow Hugh Wiedman , Isn't that like 'Happy Error'? or 'to hour is human' or "I'll be back in an error"? I am confused about "Pilot Error", it must be a mechanical. Best, LB
                        Or should I say pilot "mishap". It's been over 2 weeks now since any pilot "mishap", so it looks like I've figured out how to eliminate that, just close all the local airfields or leave it up to the FAA!
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hi all,

I have bought a t33 shooting star that is yet to be maidened due to lockdown measures and was wondering would the f4 phantom make a good first 90mm jet in the foreseeable future after coming from an 80mm?

Any answers appreciated,

Fred

Comment

• Same here Fred...lockdown....I often fly on my own on a field only half a mile away but I wouldn't chance it because some nut would complain. I usually fly the twin 70 SU 35 which does not really like grass but "manages". When I was looking for a plane that measures up to the SU I was thinking 90mm Freewing Hawk or 90mm F4. The Hawk is super stable and "nice" .... the F4, I think, is slightly more of a handful but "beautifully ugly" . I was swithering for a wee while but eventually chose the Phantom as it is supposed to be "grass field friendly". I'm still waiting on an upgraded fan for it from China but the F4 is worth buying and building just to look at on the dining room table !! Wife even likes it ...and that's a first!!!

Comment

• "Good" is relative…. I would not call it a good first 90mm. The FreeWing F-22 or the Hobby King Mig 17 would be my choices. The Venom and Stinger 90 would be good choices too but I prefer the looks and flying of the F-22 and Mig.

Originally posted by FredGB View Post
                              Hi all,

I have bought a t33 shooting star that is yet to be maidened due to lockdown measures and was wondering would the f4 phantom make a good first 90mm jet in the foreseeable future after coming from an 80mm?

Any answers appreciated,

Fred

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                                Same here Fred...lockdown....I often fly on my own on a field only half a mile away but I wouldn't chance it because some nut would complain. I usually fly the twin 70 SU 35 which does not really like grass but "manages". When I was looking for a plane that measures up to the SU I was thinking 90mm Freewing Hawk or 90mm F4. The Hawk is super stable and "nice" .... the F4, I think, is slightly more of a handful but "beautifully ugly" . I was swithering for a wee while but eventually chose the Phantom as it is supposed to be "grass field friendly". I'm still waiting on an upgraded fan for it from China but the F4 is worth buying and building just to look at on the dining room table !! Wife even likes it ...and that's a first!!!
                                Thanks i fly off of grass here in the UK and was attracted to it as it was advertised as 'grass friendly' as you said and so when the time comes i will probably put my money on the f4.

Thanks again,
                                Fred

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  "Good" is relative…. I would not call it a good first 90mm. The FreeWing F-22 or the Hobby King Mig 17 would be my choices. The Venom and Stinger 90 would be good choices too but I prefer the looks and flying of the F-22 and Mig.

Yes thank you, I have heard that the f22 has great stable flying characteristics and is a great overall jet and have heard the same about the avios mig 17 also.What would your opinion be on the freewing f/a 18c blue angles?

Many thanks,

Fred

Comment

• I love mine, more than either my F-22 or Mig. definitely more than the F-4. But I would not recommend it as a first 90mm over the F-22 or Mig.

Comment

• [DEVIS = TedBull; n244089]

Tige en acier fileté 4-40, manchon en fibre de carbone de 3 mm de diamètre intérieur et embouts de tige traxxas. [/ DEVIS]

Merci pour votre réponse TedBull 👍

Comment

• Originally posted by FredGB View Post

Thanks i fly off of grass here in the UK and was attracted to it as it was advertised as 'grass friendly' as you said and so when the time comes i will probably put my money on the f4.

Thanks again,
                                        Fred
                                        The stock F4 flies outstanding on grass. I recommend it highly, for grass or asphalt. With take-off flaps, the distance to get off the deck is almost the same as on asphalt, as I've flown both my Phantom and F4 Blue Angel on grass and asphalt. Of course the landing on grass, for me, is much smoother and puts less stress on the nose gear pin. Have yet to break or bend one on grass (did earlier on asphalt though), but then I've gotten a lot better on achieving a nose up landing. I do like the F-18, in fact am building out one in the Canadian Demo livery, but for some reason, I really, really like my F4 in the Blue Angel scheme much better than the F-18 Blue Angel. Maybe because doing that livery with the F4 was a "labor of love" and the F-18 can be purchased that way ready made. There are so many outstanding liveries for the F4 available through Callie and the 3D cockpit parts are also available from Motion so you can spend weeks creating an incredible icon. And in the air, the F4 is unmistakable.

An incredible little piece of history with the F4: During the Vietnam war in 1967, Captain John Pardo in an F4 "pushed" another crippled F4 by nudging up to the damaged F4's tail hook and pushed it 80 miles past Laotian Communist militia locations to safety. If that isn't enough to get "pushed" into buying and flying an F4, I don't know what is.
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                        X