X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
    Ok I was wondering if I needed to carve away a good bit of foam in the cockpit area like the A-10.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Anthony
    WN, Nope, it's pretty much PnP. You'll want to dry-fit it all as usual, but it is a simple setup in comparison to Chris's 3DP cockpit. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for the tips,
      I am guessing those are JHH pilots ? If so what scale?
      Thanks!!
      Anthony

Comment

Thanks for the tips,
        I am guessing those are JHH pilots ? If so what scale?
        Thanks!!
        Anthony
        WN, those are 1/12th only because the 1/10th are just a little to big. Really need an 1/11th scale for these EDF jets. For reference generally in an F-4, the average pilots' upper chest/armpit is inline with the rail with the canopy open and the top of the WSO's shoulder in the rear seat respectively. Best, LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Ditto what LB posted, Waconut you'd be wise to follow his cockpit guidelines, he is the master.

Regarding the MRC nozzles, after removing the stock ones and before gluing in the 3D nozzles, line them up correctly as they are not perfectly symmetrical. They only fit correctly in one position, so rotate them on the foam and mark them before you glue them. One of the nozzles MRC sent me early on was way out of proportion, almost elliptical and had to send it back so make sure both are correct before installing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_130344.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	246936

The 3D cockpit parts are actually, as LB said, easy to fit in after you fix them up. His cockpit is very scale, so it is a good one to emulate. I tend to go the other direction, a bit gaudy. I figure if I'm going to do it, I want the pieces to stand out and hardly anyone at my field notices that they're far from scale but they do notice that it couldn't have come that way from the factory (even if they roll their eyes a bit).

Name:	20181116_193427.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	246937Click image for larger version

Name:	20181121_133746.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	246938
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman, Good call there, Hugh, on the Nozzle Alignment; I had forgotten. I almost glued the first one on incorrectly during my build. Thank you, Sir. Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I am working on painting my F-4,
              I have the bottom surfaces painted. The top color I had mixed is too dark. After looking at full scale pics I will have to lighten the gray quite a bit.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hello everyone, someone can say which video format and size and allow. because I try but impossible to download it in my post😕. Or I'm too bad .......😁
                Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Ludovic View Post
                  Hello everyone, someone can say which video format and size and allow. because I try but impossible to download it in my post😕. Or I'm too bad .......😁
                  Thank you
                  I would upload to YouTube and then post a link here.

Comment

• This being stuck inside and not being able to fly is getting to me. My New's Years resolution of "More Flying, less Modifying" has turned into a joke. Should have been "Spend all the rest of your meager funds on RC since you're about to go broke in the Stock Market so go out with a BANG . Just finished building out my F-18 3D cockpit and found out the RC Geek just came out with a "New and Improved" afterburner for the stock F-4 and F-18 outrunner with not one, but two split LED cones for the 2 nozzles. I had his original single LED cone in both my F-4's (and had the same ready to go in the F-18 when finished), but you just know that I had to have anything new and improved and received 3 cones yesterday. So now I'm modifying an earlier modification on the F-4's. For the F-18, I'll eventually end up putting an inrunner in that so in regards to the AB there, I'll be modifying a modification of a modification and I haven't even finished painting it's livery! Holey , I need to get back to flying. Anyway, the original AB in the F- 4's looked great, so we'll see how this new one burns. Any little bit extra is a bonus. I wish Chris would stop coming out with such cool new improvements, next thing he'll do is make an AB that shoots out flames and smoke; can't wait, I'll be first in line. He also just came out with a smaller AB for the twin 70mm SU-30, which of course I have the old (just 1 month ago) larger ones already in. May have to wait on that modification, but it reportedly does not reduce any EDF air flow as the larger ones do. Damn!!!!

Photo below shows the 3 new twin LED burners, versus the original single. There's 30 individual LED bulbs in the new twin, pointed directly out the nozzles, and only 21 bulbs in the original. Guess that's 30% more light, whoopee!

Name:	20200406_211903.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	247302

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I just bought the same burner for my F-4 build. I am still in painting mode. I am on my 3rd jet in 2 months. I am going to go broke if this virus doesn’t clear out.

Comment

I just bought the same burner for my F-4 build. I am still in painting mode. I am on my 3rd jet in 2 months. I am going to go broke if this virus doesn’t clear out.
                        Well, we you finally do go broke, you can join my exclusive club "My RC Hobby Sent Me to the Poor House". We meet every Thursday outside our cardboard boxes underneath the expressway.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Well since I’m recovering from knee replacement I decided to dirty up double ugly.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	A3FC653C-7906-4E15-9843-FFF13E004151.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	127.6 KB ID:	247371Click image for larger version  Name:	E0B543C1-031B-4B4A-AD0B-1A3E8E86650D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	247373

Comment

• Rcfiddy1 Best wishes for your speedy recovery! In the meantime, nice looking dirty bird. The acronym for the last four words in your previous post made me chuckle.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Rcfiddy1, Lovin' the 'grime', Sir. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi guys,
                                It took me 3 hours and 6 test sprays before I finally got the color I wanted for the top of the F-4. It’s been a nice 2 days weather wise and the plane is going to cure in the sun the rest of the day.
                                I will let the latex paint cure until Friday before I start working on the panel lines and other details.
                                I called Larry at JHH and he had 5 pilots left in stock, he now only has 3. I will work on painting the 3D cockpit bits while waiting for the paint to cure.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,
                                  It took me 3 hours and 6 test sprays before I finally got the color I wanted for the top of the F-4. It’s been a nice 2 days weather wise and the plane is going to cure in the sun the rest of the day.
                                  I will let the latex paint cure until Friday before I start working on the panel lines and other details.
                                  I called Larry at JHH and he had 5 pilots left in stock, he now only has 3. I will work on painting the 3D cockpit bits while waiting for the paint to cure.
                                  WN, If it's Gull Grey (FS 36440), it's the same as the '70s Navy Phantoms and the Behr HD Code is 221419224369 for the semi gloss. Anyway, looks like you're' bingo' on changing colors at this point. Lookin' good, Sir. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• If anyone is interested I made a servo tray for the elevator servo. Gives a bit more area to glue into pocket. I drilled holes for servo screws. I suggest printing it solid top/bottom and perimeter.
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	F4 Servo Tray v6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.3 KB ID:	247642

Comment

• Rcfiddy1, Thank you. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                                        If anyone is interested I made a servo tray for the elevator servo. Gives a bit more area to glue into pocket. I drilled holes for servo screws. I suggest printing it solid top/bottom and perimeter.
                                        Click image for larger version Name:	F4 Servo Tray v6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.3 KB ID:	247642
                                        Very nice Thank you

Comment

• I am an intermediate flyer and am considering the Flightline F4 Phantom. They offer both the 6S and 8S setups. I am sure once I am comfortable with it I will want the 8S. My question is, how much harder is the 8S to handle than the 6S? I could by the 6S and then upgrade but that is expensive. Can an intermediate just fly the 8S at a reduced speed and learn to fly it? Thanks for any feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                          X