Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on a swatch of Blue transfer from Callie so as to match the paint with the graphics..... More later
    #love that Callie
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Regarding the prior posts on the nose gear pin snapping....

I cut two lengths from a pull wire and embedded/glued the wire into the under nose radome. Now when I screw up a landing and snap a pin, the grinding away only goes down to the depth of the wire.

I use light weight spackling to rebuild lost material, reshape and paint black. Having the embedded wire to reduce the amount of lost material also saves the front edge of the nose gear door.

-GG

Comment

• My first post on the F4 and some pictures.
        Love this plane, better than I thought it would be, nicely aerobatic, scale looks and speed, take off and lands a dream, mine is stock set up with RC Geek bifurb afterburners and Hobby Eagle Gyro.
        I usually fly this with ordnance fitted cos it just looks so good! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201123-084157_WhatsApp.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	287306Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201123-084151_WhatsApp.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	287307
        Attached Files

Comment

• First let me say sorry I know I am being a pain and I expect everyone is fed up with me so sorry and after this I will stop annoying everyone but £380 for the Gripen is a lot of money to me and I need to get it right. Do not want to get it wrong.
          The feed back on the Gripen is not that good. So I was considering paying a bit more and go for the inrunner version of the F 4 Phantom
          It is over a £100more but I would rather pay a bit more and get a good model with out any problems then pay £380 for a model that looks like it might have some issue with it. What does the F 4 Phantom fly like and does it have enough power to fly it with out being afraid of a stall etc. Has anyone flown both the Gripen and the inrunner 6s F 4 Phantom could tell me the comparison with the Gripen and the F 4
          Or just tell me what the F4 Phantom fly like. Thanks. That is it . I give it a rest now. I hear you say Thank goodness

​​

Comment

• What about the Gripen feedback don't you like? I like how mine flies and looks spectacular in the air with it in a bank nothing looks like it. Mine flies really well for me.

My F-4 is repainted and repowered to a JF/ HET low power 8S. I like how it flies but find it more boring than the Gripen. It flies heavier but it will fly a pattern such as a simulated Blue Angel routine very well. As some would say it flies like an older generation fighter compared to a newer generation in the Gripen.

If you aren't getting the Gripen I wouldn't get the F-4...

Comment

• If you decide on the F-4, beef up the FFS control push rod set-up. I lost an F-4 when the stock ball link broke.

4-40 threaded rod and DU-BRO hardware works well.

-GG

Click image for larger version

Name:	4323E4EB-659A-498E-B9BD-8B2FF31FE836.jpeg
Views:	768
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	287324

Comment

• Hello, been around for a while in FB but first post on Squak. Some of my birds. Love the F4 :) looking forward to doing some more great mods to these birds and maybe pick up one or two more lol well I guess not first Post but it’s been a year or more..

Comment

• All the feed back I get from the Gripen is it underpowered but some times people just like to go flat out and then moan if it does not go like a rat up a drain pipe
                  So I should be careful with some comment and take them with a pinch of salt. I surpose the Gripen is a newer model and Freewing in my view have not produce a bad model so far. I can not see Freewing releasing a model if it is not up to it. I need someone to kick me up the butt and tell me to stop being a pain and get the Gripen
                  Anyhow I am trying people patience here and must stop.. Thanks everyone for helping me decide

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark102 View Post
                    Hello, been around for a while in FB but first post on Squak. Some of my birds. Love the F4 :) looking forward to doing some more great mods to these birds and maybe pick up one or two more lol well I guess not first Post but it’s been a year or more..
                    S1, Welcome to "The Squawk"; glad you're onboard. Looking forward to pix and insight from you, Sir. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Capt'n Moron......."Has anyone flown both the Gripen and the inrunner 6s F 4 Phantom could tell me the comparison with the Gripen and the F 4"

The F4 is a boy toy.....the Gripen is for girlies........

Comment

• oh no you din't

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                          Capt'n Moron......."Has anyone flown both the Gripen and the inrunner 6s F 4 Phantom could tell me the comparison with the Gripen and the F 4"

The F4 is a boy toy.....the Gripen is for girlies........
                          The F4 is like Arnold and the gripen is like girly man ;)

Comment

• The max speed of the two birds is almost identical (Mach II) but the Phantom was much heavier. (Per Wikipedia) The Gripen's max takeoff weight is 36,376lbs and the Phantom can lift 61,795lbs. Booyah!

Bonus fact: you could see the Phantom coming from further away because it smoked like a steam locomotive.
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• themudduck ...and it is just so cool looking when dressed up to go out. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	hanger queen.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	288092
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_65118.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	288705Click image for larger version

Name:	image_65119.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	288706 Just a quick update.... My Warlords livery is coming along. Next step is clear poly to prep for transfers then a nice flat clear .
                                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                  Just a quick update.... My Warlords livery is coming along. Next step is clear poly to prep for transfers then a nice flat clear .
                                  E4, Love the soft weathering and the paint work looks perfect from here. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8795.jpeg
Views:	1000
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	289098 Ok... Pretty close ...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8804.jpeg
Views:	995
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	289096Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8800.jpeg
Views:	940
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	289097
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Yep!... One glorious lookin' Phantom you have there! Be proud, Gunner!
                                      Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Awesome!

Comment

• Your not going to fly it surely??

Comment

Working...
                                          X