Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes have the Hawk among my other 14 Freewing EDF.Aways wanted a F 4 Phantom but thought it might not be the best flying EDF out there but going by some off the comments I could be wrong

Comment

• Scooter for the win!

Comment

• Like em both, for different reasons!
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Another couple of flights today...great weather. Second flight... a drop tank fell off... sort of out of bounds behind trees... I was pretty busy and didn't see where it fell. Anyway, I was up so stayed up and finished the flight... making a greaser of a landing ... Just stopped rolling when I saw a guy coming across the park with the tank in his hand. He was watching from the road and saw the tank fall. Turns out he worked on F4's at RAF Leuchars in the good old days. He told me he was a bit surprised when he saw the shape in the sky and said it took him a couple of secs to realise it was an r/c model !!

"Scooter for the win!"

Comment

• Anyone got a flight vid of the 8s version, please? Den, Cymru.

Comment

• Hi I'm new here, can somebody help me know what to do to paint my f-4 in the blue angels color scheme? I will order my graphics from Callie Graphics but I need to know what I need to paint and what she will give me. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom0708 View Post
                Hi I'm new here, can somebody help me know what to do to paint my f-4 in the blue angels color scheme? I will order my graphics from Callie Graphics but I need to know what I need to paint and what she will give me. Thanks!
                Tom0708, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Check Callie Graphics website for what markings are available for the Phantom Blues. She will make you anything that is part of that livery even if it is not shown on the webpage. You'll be painting the blue, obviously, but the yellow striping, numbers, and lettering are pretty standard graphic's to add. You can email her directly and she will respond, but give her a day or two. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Tom0708, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Check Callie Graphics website for what markings are available for the Phantom Blues. She will make you anything that is part of that livery even if it is not shown on the webpage. You'll be painting the blue, obviously, but the yellow striping, numbers, and lettering are pretty standard graphic's to add. You can email her directly and she will respond, but give her a day or two. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Best, LB
                  Thanks Elbee, this helps a lot!

-Tom

Comment

• Callie Graphic's = Best in the business!

Comment

• Great light grey skies made me give up the gardening and get the Phantom out this morning. I've been flying with the drop tanks on and noticed that when I drop the flaps from half to full there is a pronounced nose drop. A squeeze of up brings it back and it flies nice and level again. I have 3-4% of up dialled in and it holds level flight without dropping the nose when I fly it without the tanks. Have any other F4 drivers experienced this?

Highly recommend the 5400 Turnigy Bolt.... those extra few volts really help getting the beast off the grass.

Comment

• A bit of flap>elevator compensation mix is all that is needed. That and deploying flaps at approximately the same reduced speed each time.
                        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                          A bit of flap>elevator compensation mix is all that is needed. That and deploying flaps at approximately the same reduced speed each time.
                          ......."I have 3-4% of up dialled in" As I said..........

If the flap/elv mix is wrong I would have to hold the nose up. It comes up and stays up very slightly nose high for landing. I've put in a slow second stage flap line in the mix and will try that at a slower speed, I think your right about speed being relevant. Why it doesn't do it when the tanks are off confuses me.

Comment

• Any comp is speed sensitive. You still have to make minute corrections. I'm trying to remember if the last time I flew with tanks off if trim was different. But, I don't think so.
                            Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Just posted in the What did you Fly thread, but wanted to also post here. Finally got one of my F-4's out flying after installing the 12 blade 1835 Kv inrunner. This fan is a beast. Already had it in my F-16 and fly it there with an 8000 mah battery giving me 5 minutes of flight time so I knew this fan had lots of power, but it turned my F-4 into a completely different animal. Took off of grass in 40 feet (almost caught me off guard it was so quick), was lightning quick and climbed like a ballistic missal. I liked flying the F-4 before, but now I'm addicted. The fan I replaced was the original 9 blade 1750Kv outrunner, so that was a significant upgrade, but I didn't expect that big a difference. And the sound of that 12 blade was just outstanding! Not sure what the difference would be comparing the 2 with the 9 blade 1900 Kv inrunner they now come with, but I don't care how much that 12 blade costs, it was worth every penny of it. It's now the 90 mm fan of choice for me and I have it in both F-4's, the F-16 and my F-18 Canadian. I will never get another 90 mm EDF without putting the 12 blade inrunner in it.

So if your older F-4 just isn't quite what you want it to be, put the 12 blade inrunner in it and "Fly Me to the Moon". Next I have to get my Blue Angel F-4 out and break that 12 blade in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210322_122603.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	305352Click image for larger version

Name:	20210322_122538.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	305353
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• "the 12 blade 1835 Kv inrunner. This fan is a beast."

That is what I run in mine. try it with the 4.35 Turnigy 5400 Bolt ...

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                                  "the 12 blade 1835 Kv inrunner. This fan is a beast."

That is what I run in mine. try it with the 4.35 Turnigy 5400 Bolt ...
                                  Sounds like a plan, thanks for the info. Agreed, this fan is now my go to power plant. Would like to try the Turnigy. I'm using for now either the HRB 6000 50-100 C or the RT 5500 70 C. Both are pulling 129.5 amps at firewall power on the 130 amp ESC, so getting close to the edge.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• YEP 150 in mine, low timing.....can't fault it.

Comment

• Got out today with the F-4 and it's recently upgrade 12 blade inrunner, along with 3 other EDF's. Got 5 flights in on each EDF and although I liked the F-4 before (had the old 9 blade 1750 Kv Outrunner), I'm just "Head over Heals" with in now because of the 12 blade inrunner. Man, it's got mucho horsepower, great top end speed and of coursed sounds 'Just Like it's Supposed To". Get's up to take off speed so fast on grass (of course compared to the old fan) I have to be careful. So glad I've upgraded the fleet to that 12 blade. Was a bit hesitant at first considering the cost of it, but for me, it was more than worth it. That fan will be in any of my new 90 mm EDF's from now on. Already have it in the F-16, both F-4's and just put it into the F-18 Canadian as well, so my credit card is just a bit hot right now, but then you only live once! I'll post a video of the flight later when I get it uploaded.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210329_121040.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	306411

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• OK, here's a short (fortunately cause it's not very good) video of the F-4 rockin' with the 12 blade. Not sure if the 9 blade is as good, but for me, it can't get any better on 6S than it is now. Just ratcheted up to a starting job in the EDF rotation! It was windy with some weird gusts, but Who Cares! Didn't bother it at all. And the sound of the 12 blade vs a 9, no comparison, give the 12 blade all day long!

Rockin with the F4 with a 12 Blade Inrunner:

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• I do like those burner cans on your F-4, must get some for mine.

Lovely scale takeoff, so many people wrench their scale planes up into the air, doesn't look right.

Your flying field looks extremely similar to our own.

The F-4 is easily my favourite flying and looking Freewing aircraft, nothing really comes close but I have a Phantom bias.

I have the high performance 8S (stock) setup and it is absolutely perfect... well done Freewing and Motion RC!

Comment

Working...
                                          X