X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thumbs View Post
    LOL I really cant rip this thing around. Most of the videos show the Lippy at full throttle ripping up the sky. I don't have the room for that. I need it to fly slow to medium speeds. How do you find it does at those speeds? Im glad Exviper clued me in on the reflex and got me to be able to get it programed in my DX.

thanks for chiming in.
    Hey there,

Well I guess you certainly won't want the 4-cell. I think it flies just fine at lower power settings, and it glides very well. I would suggest the 1500 3-cell, and with this lighter battery you should be able to cruise around at half-throttle easily. Its a small plane and it gets really small in the air in a hurry, but if you fly it closer in at lower throttle settings, you'll be happy with it I'm sure. With low power, you may find that you can leave the reflex in or experiment a bit with that. When launching you do need a higher power setting to get it going, once its flying you can throttle back.
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Ha funny. My biggest planes are 30" except the Dora at 33". I even fly a little 15"er. Now that you have to keep in close. LOL Thanks heavens for stability controls.

Comment

• Got a couple decent videos of the little p15 today.

Comment

• And one more, complete with touch n go off grass

Comment

• Very nice thanks for the videos. I was surprised how well it did in the wind.

Comment

• What's you guys battery placement for CG with an Admiral 3S 1800?

Comment

• Xviper

PM sent

Comment

• Im late in this game, just recieved 2 FW p-15's yesterday, compliments to this web site and threads, soooo helpul. Motion RC #1

Comment

• John Fly Wing Welcome home, John! Good choice going with our P.15, it's a crowd favorite. 'Lots of pilots here happy to help you enjoy it to the fullest.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hello I just ordered a lippy yesterday. Although I started in rc in 1983 this will be my first ducted fan. Since I am these days mostly a helipilot I balance everything on my big helicopers. I am wondering with a fan spinning 25 to 35000 rpms is it advisable to balance the fan and will this fan mount on my old Dubro balancer? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                        Hello I just ordered a lippy yesterday. Although I started in rc in 1983 this will be my first ducted fan. Since I am these days mostly a helipilot I balance everything on my big helicopers. I am wondering with a fan spinning 25 to 35000 rpms is it advisable to balance the fan and will this fan mount on my old Dubro balancer? Thanks
                        Yes, it will work on the prop balancer, however, you might consider that every time I've disassembled a fan to balance it, I've ended up stripping the grub screw that holds the fan to the motor shaft. It was usually very hard to get undone and getting it back in became a problem when the hex hole was rounded. I would suggest you hold the plane in such a way as to protect yourself in case the fan is way out of balance and it explodes out of the plane. Gradually increase throttle and feel it for vibration. At the first sign of vibration, STOP and do the disassembly and balance. If it runs smooth all the way to max throttle, I'd leave it well enough alone. The diameter of this fan is very small compared to your heli's rotor. A tiny imbalance isn't going to be a problem.

Comment

• Thank you for your reply. I do appreciate it. I will for sure run it up as you say and see how she does. If smooth I will leave well enough alone.

Comment

• I received my Lippisch today and so far I am very impressed with the overall quality ,packaging, shipping time etc. Tested both servos and ran up the motor at the advice of xviper before I panic about vibrations. Ran up the fan assembly and was amazed how smooth it was to almost WOT. They can't balance every fan can they? How they do that? Everything so far is good. My only question are concerning the clevis and control horns. The clevis shaft diameter is much smaller than the control horn holes. The servos for the price point seem to have rather little slop in it's gear train yet the slop of the clevis and the larger control horn hole bother me. Other than drill the correct size hole in another spot or replace the clevis what do some guys do to eliminate this slop?
                            Thanks and I am very excited to fly this little gnat!!

Comment

• I don't know if anyone at the factory balances every fan. I can't imagine that they do. Just too much work and time. I think that they spend more time making the molds for them so that almost all of them come out quite decent. I say almost all because I had the fan in my F-35 Lightning explode when I ran it up. I powered up too fast and couldn't catch the imbalance quick enough to shut it down.
                              I can't remember what my control linkage was like on this plane but I've been known to drill out another hole to make it a tighter fit in other planes. You gotta be careful as you don't want to get too close to an existing hole or the plastic will tear. If it's not too loose, I'd leave it. Consider it to be just a bit more "expo". You'll find that this thing can be a twitchy, sensitive little bugger and you may be more comfortable with lower rates and more expo anyway

Comment

• This is a very underrated plane that I have been flying a lot lately due to nasty crosswinds on my curb and light post riddled runways lol

It is a winner and a great warm-up plane!

GB

Comment

• I maidened my Lippisch yesterday. Its a keeper for sure. After trimming it out the launches are routine. Amazing glide slope on this thing for what it is. Very predictable and and fast enough for some fun. Going to brighten it up for better visibility. Thumbs up!

Comment

• Brightening it up won't help at all. I got a bright orange on the bottom of mines, and I can't see the orange once it get a certain distance. I could see the plane but not the orange. After seeing the Eflite V1200, I'm wondering if white would have work better.

Anyways, I still love my Lippisch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                                      Brightening it up won't help at all. I got a bright orange on the bottom of mines, and I can't see the orange once it get a certain distance. I could see the plane but not the orange. After seeing the Eflite V1200, I'm wondering if white would have work better.

Anyways, I still love my Lippisch.
                                      The color for visibility depends on the condition of the skies. Grey-ish skies, a white plane will also disappear. White is perfect for clear, blue skies. Nevertheless, no color will show up after a few hundred feet distance, regardless of the sky condition. My Lippy had bright fluorescent pink wing tips. If you've ever seen my videos of it, that pink is gone real quick.
                                      It is possible to fly this little plane slowly and keep it closer but the tendency for many people is to let 'er rip and it can get far away really fast. You have to train your mind and your eyes to follow it (don't blink at the critical moment) and remember what it was doing and which way it was pointed the 1/2 second previous. Your mind then can extrapolate what it's doing NOW and tell your fingers how to fly it. Learn that the further it gets from you, the slower you should make it (lower throttle) and turn it back. For me, high speed equals lower rates and more expo. When it's fast and far away, it's really easy to roll it too much and when you can barely see it, that can be trouble. Keep the high speeds for in close and fly bys.

Comment

• I am building my Lippisch P.15 this weekend. I bought an additional canopy because I'm adding a RunCAM 3 split nano. First it will be just to record flight video from a cockpit perspective. Has anyone tried the Admiral RX600SP in the P.15 ? Later I may provide a separate battery to provide power for the camera and a vtx.

Comment

• I have that receiver in mines, and it works great. Put your gains at 10 o'clock. I have mines wedged into the foam, flat on the floor, and as far back as possible in the fuselage.

Comment

Working...
                                          X