Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know where I can buy front landing gear for my Cessna 310 ? I'm new to the site & wasn't sure how to go about posting a Question for anyone to respond ?

Thanks ! the beast

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
      Does anyone know where I can buy front landing gear for my Cessna 310 ? I'm new to the site & wasn't sure how to go about posting a Question for anyone to respond ?

Thanks ! the beast
      Hi, first, this is a thread for the Freewing P.15. You can always do a search for the topic you want to ask about and if there is no such thread, you can start one in the appropriate forum
      If you are asking about a Dynam Grand Cruiser Cessna 310, it so happens that a search revealed a thread just about this plane:

That would be the place to ask. However, since you’re already here, Grayson Hobby is one main seller of Dynam products. You can go to their site and look for spare parts for your plane.
      If you are not talking about the Dynam model, then a Google search for your specific model may reveal who sells it.

Comment

• I just received my 4th P.15. The first 2 crashed. I still have my #3. I got a 4th one to repaint. Wrote Callie graphics to see if I can get some decals. Such a fun plane to fly. Here is #3.

Comment

• I upgraded one. Came out very nice. Thank you to Callie Graphics for the decals.

Comment

• Just last week got this plane. I flew on three separate occasions without issues. However, yesterday the plane's motor stopped working while flying and the receiver went into failsafe mode. After the crash I unplugged the battery, glued together the broken part of the fuselage. I checked everything else, and it seemed ok. When I plugged the battery back in, the receiver powered up and connected to the transmitter. All the servos still work correctly, but the motor did not make any start up noises. When pulse the throttle the motor does make some noise, but it doesn't spin. Is the motor burned out? And if so, how could that happen after just a few flights? I don't fly on full throttle, mostly 50 to 75%.

My setup:
            Transmitter: tx16s
            Receiver: Futaba R2006GS
            Batteries: 3s, 2200mah, 30C (spektrum) and 3s, 2200mah, 45C graphene (turnigy)

The servos, ESC, motor, etc, are all the ones that were already installed: https://www.motionrc.eu/products/fre...mm-edf-jet-pnp

Comment

• You will need to make sure all tge connections are connected. No sound from the esc I would suspect a connector from the esc to the motor is bad. You may have to slide the motot out.
              Side note you dont have a kill switch on your radio for the motor do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                You will need to make sure all tge connections are connected. No sound from the esc I would suspect a connector from the esc to the motor is bad. You may have to slide the motot out.
                Side note you dont have a kill switch on your radio for the motor do you?
                Yeah, I have a switch that overrides the throttle. Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by krypsis View Post

Yeah, I have a switch that overrides the throttle. Why?
                  Is the switch on? Sounds stupid but I went 10 min trying to figure out a plane that would not turn the motor on. Just to find out that in the software I had downloaded for the aircraft had this. I did not know at the time.

Comment

Is the switch on? Sounds stupid but I went 10 min trying to figure out a plane that would not turn the motor on. Just to find out that in the software I had downloaded for the aircraft had this. I did not know at the time.
                    Hey, yeah the switch was in the 'active' mode. I use the same switch for all my planes, so it is programmed into my head! haha. But I feel really dumb, I checked the ESC connection to the motor and you were right, one of the 3 cables had come loose. I connected it again, had to 'reprogram' the throttle max/min, and now it works like it did before! :P

There is still the question on why the receiver went into fail safe... the battery had enough power, and the plane was close by. Maybe the cable got loose during flight?

Comment

• Most likely lost that connection in flight as you said. Glad you found the issue.

Comment

Most likely lost that connection in flight as you said. Glad you found the issue.
                        In either case, thank you for your help.

Comment

• You're welcome.

Comment

• Hi Everyone, I recently bought the freewing, I am a complete beginner to EDF, I have flown wings, trainers, and gliders, what CG, dual rates and expo do you suggest? I have 2200 and 1500 Batteries. My concern is more of the dual rates because I don't want to make it roll violently

Comment

• Originally posted by captainplanet View Post
                              Hi Everyone, I recently bought the freewing, I am a complete beginner to EDF, I have flown wings, trainers, and gliders, what CG, dual rates and expo do you suggest? I have 2200 and 1500 Batteries. My concern is more of the dual rates because I don't want to make it roll violently
                              All that information is in the manual. Everyone (EDF beginner or otherwise) uses those published numbers (recommendations) as a start. If you don't want it to roll too much, then have a rate position a little lower than what's in the book. If you want more response, dial in one position that's a little higher, keeping the something in between for the middle position. What works for one does not necessarily work for someone else.
                              Being a hand launcher, you might get someone experienced to do the maiden, trimming flight for you or at least someone else throw it for you the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by captainplanet View Post
                                Hi Everyone, I recently bought the freewing, I am a complete beginner to EDF, I have flown wings, trainers, and gliders, what CG, dual rates and expo do you suggest? I have 2200 and 1500 Batteries. My concern is more of the dual rates because I don't want to make it roll violently
                                I have my throws at half their rec. My highs are their low rates. Even then this aircraft can roll quick. I also have 40% to take out the sensitivity in my sticks. This aircraft is a bit of a hand full if you use what the book tells you. Are you hand launch or wheel takeoff? I have used both 1800 and now 2200 3s batteries. Both work fine. I fly for 5 min on my 2200 and still have a good amount of battery life left when I land.

Comment

• Comment

• This aircraft will fly with a runcam2 stuck to the bottom. It doesnt like it but it will fly. You need a lot of room on takeoff. I also have wheels. Sorry no video. My camera failed. As soon as I get a replacement I will video.

Comment

• Having an issue. Recently, when I calibrate the throttle it is not calibrating. Radio on, full throttle. Plug in the battery to the aircraft and normally I get 3 beeps. I am no longer getting those beeps. I get 1 beep and then it goes into the mode to change setting for the ESC. My thought is the esc is on the way out.
                                      I have had the aircraft for over a year and have about 50 flights on her. Any suggestions?
                                      I just tested it with my other P15 and now it is doing what its supposed to. Plug it in beep, beep, beep, beeeeeeeeep. Close throttle and 3 fast beeps. Full power. Put it does not always do this and this is a new issue maybe
                                      1 thing I did do was remove the receiver. It was on a 72mhz system. JR. and put it on my spektrum with a spektrum receiver. It should not matter but maybe.

Comment

• Maybe the throttle channel is reversed in the new receiver? It thinks min throttle is max throttle? Usual ESC programming starts with plugging the battery in with the throttle as 100%, that's what it sounds like to me.

Comment

• It was not reversed. I did look. I went back in after writing that and it is working as it should . AT this point not sure what the issue is or was. Ill keep and eye on it and see if it will do it again. This aircraft has been well abused, um used. I did fly it the other day and no problems with it. Really wish my camera would behave. I had a great landing with it. Thats rare for this plane.

Comment

Working...
                                          X