Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All. We just joined the Lippisch family this week and will maiden tonight.
    I see some of you have mentioned Callie Graphics as a resource for decals. What scale size works best for the Lippisch?

Many thanks!

Dave

edit..

** looks like 1/12 per their scale help information **

Comment

• I can't remember what sized I used. But, I think if you tell her what plane the stickers is for that will work, too.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Won't get it till later in the week but I ordered this for the P15;

https://gator-rc.com/speed-controlle...c-cse010012200

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevedots View Post
              Cut off problem SOLVED!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ModeOne
              My son and I took these out for their maidens this morning. We Love them! What great flyers they are. Quick, Agile and track very well.
              His plane has an ESC issue as he had multiple throttle cut-outs after 2 minutes of flight time if he went to full throttle.

These are our first edf's and they far surpassed our expectations.

Good times!
              (above and below first posted on R/C Groups)

I have the same throttle cut off problem. But at the beginning of the flight. Here is what I have discovered:

1. Adjusted LVC, problem remains

2. NOT a temp problem, below are bench tests with everything cold, problem remains

3. Changed Freewing 30 amp ESC to a new Freewing 30 amp ESC, problem remains

4. Thinking maybe Freewing’s stock ESC may suck I tried a 30 amp Eflight ESC, problem remains

5. Thinking maybe the Admirals 1800 3S 30C Lipos might suck, tried a Thunderpower 3S lipo with a 70C rating, problem remains

6. Thinking maybe the Freewing motor may suck I tried new Freewing motor, problem remains.

7. Thinking maybe the 30 amp ESC no matter what the brand just isn’t powerful enough. I tried a Castle Creations 70 amp ESC. Too big to use in the P15 but great for a bench test…. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

I believe after trying everything above that the P15 needs an ESC LARGER than 30 amp. I am at a loss as to why it has only happened to us???? Perhaps its because we have both recently purchased our P15’s and maybe it is a "new" quality issue?

My next step is to purchase a 40 amp ESC (IT WILL NOT BE A FREEWING ESC). I'll probably get a Castle Creations ESC since you can program them with a computer and not by musical tones.

If anyone from MOTION RC or FREEWING are monitoring this thread you need to check the quality of your 30 amp ESC's (I have two and they both will not run the P15!) or start shipping P15's with a larger ESC!

Good Luck,

Steve

P.S. In answer to graphics I got 1/24th ME-262 graphics from Callie it worked for me but I was only looking for two scale Swastika.
              Do contact MotionRC and open a ticket. When I find things I always like to let them know. Sometimes its a me issue and sometimes its a them issue. As long as they are made award of it they can help solve the issue. They have have always been kind to me when contacting them so its worth it.

Comment

• Thanks MeyerVW,

Just opened a ticket with Motion RC via email, at first I was over looking the email link. I kept ending up at their knowledge blog or here. I sent them both post from above that should make it clear enough for them. I'll post what response I get.

Comment

• Well I'm partly embarrassed.

Because I'm am idiot and I hate programing ESC's with tones I took both Freewing 30 amp ESCs and after reviewing a video showing how to program them I set them both to Factory Default. That way I wouldn't accidentally misinterpret the 22 tones! you have to follow to program the ESC!

How to program your ESC based on the audible tones. To hear all the tones go to 03:20

After setting both to factory default I discovered that one works and one does not. The one that works gives the 3 tones then 2 tones which is normal. The one that doesn't work gives 3 tones then nothing. I marked the one that doesn't give the extra 2 tones with a marker. I attempted to set that to factory default 3 times and I still don't get the 2 extra tones. So even though I am an idiot I think it is bad.

I have been unable to reproduce the problems I had this morning with the one that gives all 5 tones.

I am still an idiot but only half and idiot. Had I marked the ESC's this morning to tell them apart I wouldn't have been going back and fourth as much as I did.

From now on anytime I post something here thinking I know what I'm talking about please ignore me!

Comment

• Steve. I want to save you a massive headache. I also did not know these existed until recently. They sell a esc programming card . Its 10 bucks and they work great, no more programming by the tones and you get a nice programmed esc. You can get them from most hobby stores. On the back of the card is more programming but it is so easy to use and set up your esc.

Comment

• Does that work with any ESC's or just ZTW ESC?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Coconut;n326374]Does that work with any ESC's or just ZTW ESC?[/I used it to redo my freewing Yak 130's esc so I think they are good for any esc.

Comment

• I opened a ticket with MRC the night we experienced the problem with my son's ESC. I've not heard anything back yet.. it's been 3 days.

Comment

• It can take up to a week. I have had them respond in 5 minutes to 5 days. I am personally very impatient and like answers right away. Not always how it works of course. Hang in their and someone should get to you.

Comment

• Hi Guys,

My adventures with the stock ESC continue. After everything I have already posted, after advice from the guys on RC Groups and here on Hobby Squawk, after watching the Youtube video that shows you step by step how to program the 30-amp ESC I thought I FINALLY was all set with the ESC programing. So much so that I cancelled the Motion RC support ticket. I felt so bad that I even went so far as to apologize to Motion RC for criticizing their product. That was how convinced I was that the ESC problems were my own fault.

I went to the field this morning expecting to have my first full flight. Literally 10 seconds into the flight the ESC cuts out (again). This is in spite of the fact that I could hold the p15 in my hands on the ground the night before and run it for almost 2 minutes without it cutting out! So needless to say I was disappointed. If I had had a blood pressure cuff on my arm reading my blood pressure it would have exploded! The guys at the field were shocked to see me so livid, normally I don’t even raise my voice but this morning I invented some new curse words. After I calmed down I put the P15 in the car and flew my Venom D-112 for the rest of the morning.

After multiple flights with the Venom I went home had lunch and worked on the p15. I totally fixed the problem! Was it my programing? Was it a bad ESC? We will never know! The stock ESC went into the trash, and I installed the Castle Creations 35-amp Tallon ESC (that I was going to do originally) then went back to the field in the late afternoon.

With the CC 35-amp ESC I had four flawless flights! No ESC problems! Finally nice to hear the timer alarm go off on my transmitter! Now I can really appreciate how nice the P15 flies.

My message to anyone who has problems with the stock ESC don’t waste your time playing with the programing, get a Castle Creations 35 amp Tallon ESC. Out of the box, factory default programing it work flawlessly.

Motion RC/Freewing, I love your products but next time I buy a Jet that only cost $119 I’ll be putting my own ESC into it!

Thanks again for everyone’s help and I hope someone can get a bit of an education and a laugh out of all my troubles. Now that everything is working, and the stock ESC is in the trash I can laugh now too!

Steve

Comment

• That sucks. Now you you took tge esc out pull on tge ends that connect to tge motor side and see if one is loose. I bet it is especally after 10 seconds.

Comment

• Anybody ever made the rudder operational? It's certainly cut for one. I wonder if it's worth the trouble.

Comment

• I installed a Foxeer Predator 5 Nano camera and RDQ Mach 3 video transmitter with a MMCX dipole antenna in mine. Also installed TBS Crossfire receiver.
                                    Very fun FPV flier.

Comment

• My P15 is due in tomorrow.A couple of q`s

How easy are the stickers to remove?

Does it come with a belly skid?

Comment

• Easy to remove but paint will come off too. No belly skid.

Comment

• Ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X