X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xviper View Post
    I don’t think there’s a difference between this part from V1 to V2. That link you put up is likely not the correct one although you will be able to make it work by grinding out a notch in the right place and making the pin a little shorter. Here is the correct one for the Eurofighter:
    https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...fighter&page=2
    Notice where the notch is and the length?
    Thanks Xviper, I'll get that one then as shipping will probably be less than from motion in the USA. My strut and wheel are fine, just the trunnion is stripped (which is a plastic one for the V1 plane). I also broke the wing but already fixed with some epoxy and spakfilla to reshape a few notches out of the leading edge. Mains are OK.

Kwaz

Comment

Why we still need another one of these...

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

Originally posted by janmb View Post
        Why we still need another one of these...

Yes we do need another one of those.

Comment

I will miss this jet the day mine ceases to be...

Comment

Men i wish they didn't have discontinued this model, I'm looking for a spare rudder.

Comment

Nice to see you on the squawk. Wish I could help you on the rudder. I still haven't maidened mine yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ledesma45 View Post
                Men i wish they didn't have discontinued this model, I'm looking for a spare rudder.
                If all you need is the rudder, just cut and sand one out of 1/4 inch (6mm) balsa sheet.

For the entire vertical stab a bit more work is needed but it could still be made out of balsa with thin ply (or 3D printed) reinforcement where it mounts to the fuselage.

Comment

Does anyone have this plane for sale?! I want one and am sad it’s been discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by RCJetFanatic89 View Post
                    Does anyone have this plane for sale?! I want one and am sad it’s been discontinued.
                    Spares would be nice too.

Comment

I have been flying one I picked up used. It needed a bit of work, but I really like it. I just put the RC Geeks Twin Burner in. Very fun to fly.

I too believe that this model should still have parts available. It is the number one crime with this industry, I believe.

Click image for larger version  Name:	-205663112971753446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	308619

Comment

Take care of it, since it is discontinued!

Comment

I plan to, as this is my trainer. I have two new in the box models when I learn the type a little better. Get some stick time on it.

VR

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow!! Lucky you!!!

Comment

I just posted a WTB advert on RC GROUPS. Then I had 3!

Will refinish this one, already discussed with Callie.

10 year Eurofighter Luftwaffe Annerversary.

VR
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice, you guys are so fortunate to still have those kits, wish I would have bought two extra kits back when they were available, great flyer, maybe one day they will bring it back....

Comment

They won't. At least not like it was.

Comment

#feels

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                      Nice, you guys are so fortunate to still have those kits, wish I would have bought two extra kits back when they were available, great flyer, maybe one day they will bring it back....
                                      I am more than likely going to sell the Hobby Lobby version.

When I bought it, I was told its a V2. There are several of variations of this model, depending upon which vendor brought it to market. Gear, Power (EDF Blade/KV), Metal Canard Bellcranks v Plastic, Battery Type/Configuration, Removable Wings/Vertical Stab, Actual Rudder, Gear Doors, Gear Door Material, how the Canopy attaches. Most of the changes were nice upgrades, making it a more desirable model. The Freewing V2 (or V3 it seems to me) sold by Motion, is a very different animal, compared to the Hobby Lobby one shown.

I will never build or fly this model.

I bought it sight unseen, and the seller nor myself were aware how many versions were on the market back in the day. I have read there is no V3, but have seen it written in other places. Also seen V2.1, V2.2, and V2.3

WHO KNOWS WHAT IS ACTUALLY CORRECT!!!

Bottom line is, none of it matters now anyway!!

I would like to see an updated even further, more modern version of the Eurofighter! Just like every model ever made, some will love it, and others won't.

Here is my favorite video, want to learn how to fly like this!

Please feel free to Subscribe to my channel if you like what you see!And as always:Enjoy ;-)Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2000(FZ2500).Format: 1080p60fps@100...

VR

Comment

The manufacturer on the box had a V2 on the one with gear doors, updated power and a couple other things so really just V1 and V2. Those that claim there were other versions go by other small updates done to all planes such as changing from the metal hub multi piece fan to the solid plastic fan or from outrunner to inrunner on the more current FW EDFs. None of those were designated V2...

Comment

More fuel for the fire...

https://www.skybluerc.com/new---supe...-jet-989-p.asp

This one also has more changes that are not one the last ones sold by Motion. When I bought the Freewing one NIB shown above, the seller said Motion told him on the phone it was the last one in stock, never to return. That was 2018.

VR

Comment

Working...
                                          X