Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSD T-33 for Turbine or 105mm Ducted fan

So i saw on HSD Facebook page of a new jet

Hi friends! Super excited to announce a new aircraft coming soon to Banana Hobby from HSDJETS! The T-33 Shooting Star! This T-33 will be PNP with all electronics and retract installed! Turbine size will be 6kg to 8g and there will be 105mm EDF version! The T-33 has been one of our all time favorite jets! Probably one of the most forgiving flight characters in all the jet family. This is a sneak peek and our test versions in the photos below. Stay tuned for the first test flight video coming soon! We will be debuting this T-33 at the upcoming AMA Expo West in November! Be sure to stop by and let's chat JETS! Please stay tuned for updates!

This T-33 will be exclusively at Banana Hobby and HSDgo.com!

How hard to stuff a BVM EVF (127 mm) in that?
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

My bucket list plane has arrived!!!

Comment

I'd love a T-33, but not that big. A 6S 80 or 90 would do me just fine.

Comment

I agree I would love an 80mm

Comment

Well my thinking is that it will be offered with a 105mm from JP hobbies as thats what they offer now in some. All I know is that it will be hard pressed not to get this one. Probably in a Thunderbird scheme or maybe this one..,.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1200px-Arctic_Thunder_160729-F-YH552-021.jpg Views:	2 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	144089

I hope HSD puts the time into getting it right like MRC does otherwise just another dissapointment

Comment

Have you seen the HSD 105 fan jets? They are superior. The surface foam is smother, gear is robust usually with brakes. I will definetly be getting at least one of these. Might even be a good candidate for glassing and repaint. Perhaps upgrade to 120mm fan

Comment

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                Have you seen the HSD 105 fan jets? They are superior. The surface foam is smother, gear is robust usually with brakes. I will definetly be getting at least one of these. Might even be a good candidate for glassing and repaint. Perhaps upgrade to 120mm fan
                Mafred,

I have 3 HSD planes now. The 105mm F16 and Green viper, also a Navy schemed turbine viper. You are right that they use a denser foam making it a bit heavy. Right now planning on putting a Hacker 110mm EDF in one of them. RC Jetwerks also offers a 110mm drop in. Parts are becoming more available as they now have a west coast wharehouse. Not quite the MRC level but that is a high bar.

Comment

Nice factory tour
                  Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

I'll be keeping an eye on this one! Hopefully it does not break the $1K price tag. I've wanted to get the 105mm F-16, but the price has kept me from getting it.
                    Pat

Comment

My guess is that it will be more in $1,200 range unless they give a pre-order discount. Guessing it will be probably be offered in a 80 or + size Turbine as well.

Screen shot from HSD website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	2514
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	144166

Comment

I'd argue closer to $1000, in line with the F-16 and Viper, on a stock Changesun fan, and probably be $1200 with the JingPin fan. My wallet will take a beating when it comes out regardless, since I love my Viper and I know a T-33 will fly great from them. 75" span too Pete said, she's gonna be a big one!

Comment

I have to have one of these, my source says it will retail for 1199.00 with the JP fan.

Comment

So many options

Comment

Yea, already setting aside the monies for this one but this would not be ready for awhile yet. Thinking late 2018 but does makes you wonder whats in the pipe line at HSD and MRC.

Comment

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
                                Yea, already setting aside the monies for this one but this would not be ready for awhile yet. Thinking late 2018 but does makes you wonder whats in the pipe line at HSD and MRC.
                                You are correct Grasshopper, You know MRC notes the HSD announcement. If MRC announces a F-100 release, I will be loading up my MasterCard ;)

Comment

Wow, just seen this, so we have a big T-33 in the works from HSD?, should be a good flyer, I had the 70mm A-4 Skyhawk and the 90mm Viper jet, both flew great, not a big T-33 fan but if it's done up in the right livery I might have one in my hanger, at least HSD didn't keep it a secret...........:)

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                    Wow, just seen this, so we have a big T-33 in the works from HSD?, should be a good flyer, I had the 70mm A-4 Skyhawk and the 90mm Viper jet, both flew great, not a big T-33 fan but if it's done up in the right livery I might have one in my hanger, at least HSD didn't keep it a secret...........:)
                                    I Agree...........

Comment

It would be cool if one of the options would be a straight aluminum finish markings free. Or perhaps a bare styro one that could be glassed or aluminum taped, now that would be a blast!
                                      Are you listening HSD?
                                      Another thought, what if the foil is a T-33? I would get both of course.

Comment

I've asked about getting unpainted foam otherwise the whole normal PNP...
                                        Not happening. (even though the unpainted would just mean skipping the paint job)

All silver, no decals applied might be possible, but only if they never apply decals for you.

it just messes up the assembly line to skip something they normally do.
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                        X