X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Oh good, just bought another radio so I'am not going to worry about this foil project now..................:)
    Hey, there's Warbirds over Grapevine October 13th !
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I couldn’t help myself. I just ordered mine. PNP. . One coming to Canada. Thank you MotionRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

That's where the receivers are mounted in each of our test birds here at the factory, as well. With the L-39's large cockpit piece, we were able to stretch the platform forward to give easy access to a gyroceiver behind the MFCB.
        That's perfect. Thanks for the photo Bajora and for your response Alpha.

Comment

Thanks for posting your data, Bajora. It's always nice to have such information to corroborate our design intent on this side of the pond. Considering the L-39's size (wider winged and taller fused than the 90mm F-4), it wasn't easy to get a consistent 100+ mph in fair, level flight on 80mm 6s 4000 at these watts. The Mirage is quite smaller than the 80mm L-39 in every dimension.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180910_025949.jpg
Views:	1566
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	150865
          Am also very impressed with the 4.5 minute flight times that Stuart reported in his flight video.

Comment

• Evening all, I have been (and am still) on holiday but I wanted just to check in with some new shots of the model taken here in Europe last week to keep you all going, shot by the good friend of Motion RC Europe, Tom Kool. Big thanks to Tom for these great shots (Tom is also the guy behind the camera in the video's we've been shooting out of The Netherlands lately).

With regards to the flight time, indeed its a refreshing change to get flight time of over 4mins and with mixed throttle use, that's what you'll get with the L-39 off an Admiral 5000mah 6S pro. The airframe will take a bigger pack too for even longer flight times.

Back to the holiday now, in the mean time, here are those new pics I mentioned and as its evening time here in Europe, thought it would be apt to share the ones we shot at this late time of the day, really shows off the LED system nicely. Will cover other aspects of the model in new pictures over the coming days.

S.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Freewing L-39 12.jpg Views:	4 Size:	102.8 KB ID:	151099
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Freewing L-39 11.jpg Views:	4 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	151100
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Freewing L-39 9.jpg Views:	3 Size:	78.9 KB ID:	151102
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Freewing L-39 8.jpg Views:	3 Size:	64.3 KB ID:	151103
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Freewing L-39 7.jpg Views:	3 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	151104
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Freewing L-39 5.jpg Views:	3 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	151106

Comment

• A few photos of the L-39 ... coming ... and then going! :)

Comment

• I like landing FW F-15, F-86, Avanti nose up like this, hope I can do it with this one! Pre-ordered.

Comment

• Motion Team, you guys hit a grand slam, with this L-39 model. Looks perfect in every aspect. Wish me luck in landing a job, my first pay check will fund the purchase of the L-39.

This is is such an under modeled aircraft, and as you clearly pointed out, there a plenty of finishes to choose from! I was in Reno 2 years and there number of L-39 in attendance was amazing! Thank you for such a superbly engineered aircraft!!!!

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by ttodro View Post
                    Motion Team, you guys hit a grand slam, with this L-39 model. Looks perfect in every aspect. Wish me luck in landing a job, my first pay check will fund the purchase of the L-39.

This is is such an under modeled aircraft, and as you clearly pointed out, there a plenty of finishes to choose from! I was in Reno 2 years and there number of L-39 in attendance was amazing! Thank you for such a superbly engineered aircraft!!!!

Tom
                    Hey!!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!! Glad you are here and wishing you the best on your job venture!!! Blessings!!!

Comment

• Gear down and locked

Comment

• ha..wife said you want a plane for your birthday? I himed and hawed saying no its too much money...she says buy it...SO I DID HAAAA

Comment

• Lol now thats awesome!LOL

Comment

• Nice photos, Stuart and Bajora! Some of those will definitely make it on my poster wall.

My photos aren't as nice but hopefully they give us all a better sense of the L-39's size. For an 80mm bird with suspension struts and gear doors and LED lights, the L-39 dwarfs its older 80mm class brother the Mirage, and despite its much lower price tag it's very similarly sized to the 90mm powered F-16, T-45, F-4, F-15, etc. Here's a sample of Hoot's bang for the buck:

Both 80mm, and both 105mph+ on the same 6s 4000mAh lipo = Magic

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180914_160407.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.7 KB ID:	151562

The first 90mm Super Scale from 2013, the venerable F-16
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180914_155947.jpg Views:	3 Size:	120.8 KB ID:	151567

Battery space is not an issue on these generous canopied birds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180914_160128.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.8 KB ID:	151564

Wider wingspan, lighter weight. You can guess how it flies, even compared to the popular performing 90mm F-4.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180914_160627.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	151563
                            Attached Files
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• THAT is the kind of thing we like to see. When doing your product videos, try to zoom out and show the bird next to other birds and people. It's hard to gauge size with nothing else in the photo.
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Noted, thanks for the feedback Seaviper.

S.

Comment

Nice photos, Stuart and Bajora! Some of those will definitely make it on my poster wall.

My photos aren't as nice but hopefully they give us all a better sense of the L-39's size. For an 80mm bird with suspension struts and gear doors and LED lights, the L-39 dwarfs its older 80mm class brother the Mirage, and despite its much lower price tag it's very similarly sized to the 90mm powered F-16, T-45, F-4, F-15, etc. Here's a sample of Hoot's bang for the buck:

Both 80mm, and both 105mph+ on the same 6s 4000mAh lipo = Magic

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20180914_160407.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.7 KB ID:	151562

The first 90mm Super Scale from 2013, the venerable F-16
                                  Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20180914_155947.jpg Views:	3 Size:	120.8 KB ID:	151567

Battery space is not an issue on these generous canopied birds.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20180914_160128.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.8 KB ID:	151564

Wider wingspan, lighter weight. You can guess how it flies, even compared to the popular performing 90mm F-4.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20180914_160627.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	151563
                                  Thanks Alpha! Those are fantastic size-reference photos. Showing those details make it easier for me to gauge storage and transportation needs. I usually store my planes on the wall and it helps tremendously to see the size reference in comparison to other jets I’ve owned to jet an idea of how well spaced it will be on the hangars.

I’ve loved the 80mm series of EDF jets in the past, but these new 80mm series really provide the ultimate value in all things I look for. The L-39 provides just enough “bling” for me to get that authentic realism (lights, nose gear door, suspension struts, etc.) without the added weight of going to “Super Scale” features, yet it doesn’t compromise performance. This is a total package plane, and I like that, so I bought it. Ha-ha

Another important aspect is it’s size. It is large enough to have great presence, it should be easy to see in flight, and most importantly (for me) I can use a wide range of batteries, specifically the batteries I use in my 90m jets.

Comment

• Definitely a TON of value in that series of photos Alpha. In a word, relativity! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                      ha..wife said you want a plane for your birthday? I himed and hawed saying no its too much money...she says buy it...SO I DID HAAAA
                                      Your wife is a keeper! So is mine. When I showed her the photos and specs when Motion first announced it, she said, "I think you should order one now."

Comment

• Thanks, guys. I agree, seeing aircraft next to other known aircraft or next to people give a good indication of size. If you have any specific requests for size comparison photos, let me know and I'll see what I can get for you. I'm only surrounded by fifty airplanes there. :)

Quite frankly, I don't know what really separates this 80mm L-39 from using our "Super Scale" moniker except that it's not a 90mm power system. Beyond that, it's got the size, the lights, the struts, the doors, the QD wing, the ordnance, the full coverage paint, the 3DP options, etc.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks, guys. I agree, seeing aircraft next to other known aircraft or next to people give a good indication of size. If you have any specific requests for size comparison photos, let me know and I'll see what I can get for you. I'm only surrounded by fifty airplanes there. :)

Quite frankly, I don't know what really separates this 80mm L-39 from using our "Super Scale" moniker except that it's not a 90mm power system. Beyond that, it's got the size, the lights, the struts, the doors, the QD wing, the ordnance, the full coverage paint, the 3DP options, etc.

You don’t happen to have a 80-90mm EDF F-22 to compare the L-39 size to, do you? :Scared::)

On the L-39, that’s so true about the Super Scale LOL. Just enough bling, yet still all the zing. Let alone the lower price tag is also nice in comparison to the 90mm series. That’s not meant to discount the great line up of the 90’s though.

On the 90mm Super Scale series, some folks may not be completely set on the extra features, where for others it’s a must-have. This could be features like leading edge slats, but that’s only been on one aircraft that I can remember off the top of my mind, air brake(s) (sometimes it’s nice for looks though I must say, like on the F-15 upon landing), afterburner light, etc. Aircraft like the L-39 seem to have the added benefit of saving some weight since it does not need servo driven main gear doors due to its 90 degree retracts, along with the simple and effective pressure closed nose door design, and no need for an afterburner lighting system.

Comment

Working...
                                          X