X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    I wouldn't risk it. If a servo tester can burn out those lights, I think the voltage directly out of a Rx could do the same.
    I've noticed just today after I got everything hooked up, that the retracts have a very long delay ( 3 to 5 seconds) - longer than any other plane I've got. Are you sure you were allowing enough time for the retracts to respond? I'm leaving mine as is. The delay doesn't bother me. It may simply be the nature of the beast (control board).
    There is a built in delay in the gear (blue box) controller for a sequenced gear door. It's close to 8 seconds most of the time both up and down.
    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

There is a built in delay in the gear (blue box) controller for a sequenced gear door. It's close to 8 seconds most of the time both up and down.
      I figured as much although I didn't feel it was quite that long. I didn't put a stop watch on it. I also noticed that when the nose gear is retracted, the steering servo doesn't work - a nice touch. I think it was Alpha who said something about if the nose retract isn't plugged into the control board, the landing lights won't know to come on after the first deployment. I'm keeping the control board functions as is.

Comment

• I would have kept my blue box stock but it didn't work on the gear half the time...and yes mine did not work 8 sec or 20 sec until I touched the blue box lol

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          I figured as much although I didn't feel it was quite that long. I didn't put a stop watch on it.
          I had one more thing to do to the plane before I hung it up. I timed the retract deployment. Dropping the gear ................. 3.66 seconds. Raising the gear .................... 5.06 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
            I would have kept my blue box stock but it didn't work on the gear half the time...and yes mine did not work 8 sec or 20 sec until I touched the blue box lol
            I've seen this on other models with a control box. For all my planes with the box, I've ensured that all connections along the way, from the wind connectors to the control box to the Rx, are all wiggled and pushed as flush as possible to ensure full seating. My Avanti S had an intermittent servo but after wiggling everything, I haven't had a problem with it since.
            On planes like my FMS Tigercat that has the wing connects, I dab some dielectric grease in each cylinder so the pin that goes into them have good conduction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
              Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come to Texas. The closest thing to that is in my cooler of adult beverages..... It is 84 F here today and breezy... ;)
              I've been meaning to visit Texas to see some car club buddies who live there when they have a meet, but with my luck, I'll come right in the middle of a hurricane. :Crying2:

Comment

• Well up where hardway is, hurricanes arent as nasty as they are in my area. When they do make it up this far.

Comment

• THIS WAS 3RD FLIGHT 96mph level flight 119mph in a dive as per onboard telemetry if you listen close you can hear it called out by tranmitter

Comment

• I took the fuse strobes off a crashed avanti and added to my L-39. Awesome

Comment

• anyone know where I can get about 10 inch 2 pin extentions for the light circuit I cant find any

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                        anyone know where I can get about 10 inch 2 pin extentions for the light circuit I cant find any
                        I make my own from old batteries and ESC connectors. However, failing that, you can make your own with these:

Or these:

Comment

• The maiden

Had to cut out some of the video due to the fact that the sun was in a bad place and this was also the maiden of our new video camera which we bought the day before.
                          My wife was learning a new camera as I was learning a new bird.

As soon as I got the wheels up, I new this was gonna be good.

Flight two video and a little more discussion of the setup will follow.

The bird required ZERO trim. I love the speed and the slow flight capability. The gear are just what the doctor ordered for our runway.

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• L-39 Custom Repaint

Just got the L-39 out of the paint shop. Thought you guys might like to see the photos. Always good to take the glamour shots BEFORE the maiden. I never know what its going to look like after. I also couldn't resist taking a few shots of it alongside my Freewing Hawk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	L-39a.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	155250Click image for larger version

Name:	L-39b.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	155251Click image for larger version

Name:	L-39c.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	155252Click image for larger version

Name:	L-39d.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	155253Click image for larger version

Name:	L-39 and Hawk a.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	155254
                            Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• V, you win the internet today!!!! Awesome!!! Have a great maiden flight! She sure looks good....:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Thanks, Hardway. Tomorrow if all goes well!
                                Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Great job on the paint job, and good luck on the maiden. You won’t need luck though as it’s one of the easiest flying planes in the line up. Tracks smooth and straight, and lands without issue.

Comment

• Maiden today. Smooth as glass, especially with the landings.

Comment

• Okay guys, four more flights this morning (9 total) and on the third flight I had my first hiccup with it, I had done several slow flybys with flaps down and gear down then power up, pull the gear up and go around drop the gear and do another slow fly by, now on my third flight and a fresh battery, I was doing a slow flyby with gear down, flaps down, I then added in some power and pulled the gear up leveled off and raised the flaps and everything looked great, then all of sudden it rolls left by itself, actually thought it was going to just roll over into the dirt but I rolled her back over and started a battle, needed a lot of right aileron to keep it level, added more power to gain altitude and to give me some more time to figure out what was going on, then I decided to lower the flaps and see what happens, well she leveled off on her own and everything felt normal so I dropped the gear and came on in, no problem on landing, greased her right in, then I took her to the bench and can't find a thing wrong with it, cycled everything over and over and all works perfect as usual. Well I decided to take it up again because I still had one battery left, all went perfect like my first few flights, it flew fine with no issues. Then back to the bench and I took it all back apart and couldn't find anything wrong at all, it really felt like I had a flap stuck maybe, because when I Iowered the flaps it solved the issue right away. I did hear some issues somebody had with a flap servo bad or something?:Confused:

Comment

• You may have a flap servo getting ready to go bad... I had an aileron servo go full one direction on my A-10 as I taxied back to the pits. It then worked briefly only to later fail completely. Fortunately I discovered the failure while on the bench and swapped it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          You may have a flap servo getting ready to go bad... I had an aileron servo go full one direction on my A-10 as I taxied back to the pits. It then worked briefly only to later fail completely. Fortunately I discovered the failure while on the bench and swapped it out.
                                          Kind of what I was thinking, anyway I posted this issue to see if anyone else has this problem and it sure caught me off guard because this jet flies so good, I know it wasn't some kind of stall, this jet will fly really slow, I tested that already just way up high....:)

Comment

Working...
                                          X