X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something different
    Photo taken at Oshkosh - Wittman Regional (OSH / KOSH) in Wisconsin, USA on July 25, 2017.

Comment

One more
      Photo taken at Lakeland - Linder Regional (LAL / KLAL) in Florida, USA on April 8, 2017.

Comment

Added more photos to my post on page one! Click on the vertical photo strip to return there and check out larger versions!

Comment

Any chance on Freewing offering an unpainted version of the L-39?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

The others can weigh in here as well, but here in China, all our flight testing was done on Admiral 6s 4000s and 5000s. The L-39 flies those two batteries about the same duration as the Avanti because the L-39 can be flown like a Sport Jet with very mixed throttle. Unlike some of our heavier wing loaded scale jets, the L-39 doesn't need a high throttle setting to cruise --50%-60% is common for me. Depending on the conditions, my normal demo routine is the same as the Avanti --5 minutes from rotation to touchdown.

​​​​​​As with all our EDFs, we recommend setting your timer to 2.5 minutes for the maiden flight, then increasing your timer over subsequent flights based on your own performance requirements until you're landing at a consistently safe voltage.

I think an increasing number of our customers fly the Admiral telemetry receivers, so they don't have to guess what their battery voltage is. Sometimes it's fun to leave it at full power and land shortly, sometimes it's fun to stretch out and glide.
            Wheres my test jet

Comment

Originally posted by davecee View Post

I would prefer this on all the models.
              GAH! I hate it when decals are already applied. I like many others enjoy making the planes unique. It is a huge PIA and then some to remove the markings and replace them.

Comment

I have my paint scheme picked out and have the paint colors already. Let’s do this. I’ll see if Callie already has this in mind from what Alpha told her. If not, she’ll be able to make them easily. She does an incredible job.

Comment

More stills for you all, from our recent shoot at our grass club here in The Netherlands. Can not stress enough how capable the L-39 is from grass. The grass was wet this day, but even then, full flap take off gave a nice ROG instead of a 'pop' off the ground, so all you grass pilots will not have an issue.

This pictures can also be found in the product listing, but from tomorrow Bajora and I will come back with more cool shots for you all. Some of you might note the landing lights on but the gear retracted, more on that in a coming video.

S.

Comment

Nice :)

Comment

Here's a peek at the 3DP Cockpit Set. The FREE downloadable STL files will go online in about two weeks, along with a fun video showing just how easy these are to install. We intend to stock the pre-printed SLA set shortly after the first shipment arrives, but this is still TBD depending on production leadtimes. Stay tuned to this thread for updates!

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2052.JPG
Views:	1079
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	150110Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2174.JPG
Views:	1103
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	150109
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2177.JPG
Views:	1049
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	150108Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2169.JPG
Views:	1079
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	150111
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

GAH! I hate it when decals are already applied. I like many others enjoy making the planes unique. It is a huge PIA and then some to remove the markings and replace them.
                        I prefer models without decals applied as well, but the FW waterslide decals are nice and thin and do not have to be removed for a repaint.

I have had great luck using the Krylon foam primer on EPO models right over the paint and decals after a light scuffing with 400 sandpaper. The primer is sandable and with some light sanding the edges of the decals blend in and become invisible. Easy to blend away any visible foam beads as well.

Comment

It looks pretty. But the decals in the build video were put on crooked. Why do they insist on putting the decals on?

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                            It looks pretty. But the decals in the build video were put on crooked. Why do they insist on putting the decals on?
                            I worry too much attention to how crooked decals are on a pre-production model ;)

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                              I'd say it's all about sales numbers $ , im sure the ratio of pre decorated planes to primer ones sold is pretty huge when it's offered .

Comment

Forgot that I had some gift cards lying around, and used a $50 Visa gift card to purchase a $50 MRC gift card. Mine is ordered, and I will contact Callie for the East German decals I will need.
                                Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post

I'd say it's all about sales numbers $ , im sure the ratio of pre decorated planes to primer ones sold is pretty huge when it's offered .
                                  I concur. I shy away from "bare naked" planes. I hate the building part. I hate the decal application part even more. In fact, those that come with little decals, I don't even bother with them. I just want to get the thing put together and in the air.

Comment

Who's up for a challenge?? :Smug:

Comment

Fo those who repaint the models, are you not concerned about added weight or is it negligible really?

Comment

weight is no factor. In my experience just a couple ounces max.
                                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Same here, new paint and decals add little to no measurable weight.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X