X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post

Have you had any issues with the flaps? That is the biggest concern of mine to be honest.

Thank you adb2! What is it that makes you prefer this one over the E-flite Viper?
    No issues at all.

The L-319 is much more detailed, more powerful and gives you a wider range of battery sizes you can use.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Ok, you guys plus my glass of wine have me sold! lol

Comment

• Hi guys,
        I would like to have one of those 3D printed nose gear support however I don’t have access to a 3D printer.
        I have checked thingyverse and unfortunately no one is offering a prints service for the piece I want. I would be grateful if anyone in here located in the UK and in a position to print this for me, of course for a price.
        Thanks in advance.
        Tolga
        Instagram: @_t01ga_
        YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• HI guys
          Can someone please comment on thee best receiver placement inside these EDF's? I have my A4 and L39 with the Admiral receivers inside. I not been able to fly them yet because of weather....

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
            HI guys
            Can someone please comment on thee best receiver placement inside these EDF's? I have my A4 and L39 with the Admiral receivers inside. I not been able to fly them yet because of weather....
            I don't have pics of the L-39 installation, but here are two from the A-4. I am using a Spektrum 9030T with three remotes and the A3-L gyro. I am also using a Castle Creations 20amp Pro BEC. Hope the pics give you some more ideas! When I can get to the L-39, I will get a pic or two of it... Same equipment setup in her! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I don't have pics of the L-39 installation, but here are two from the A-4. I am using a Spektrum 9030T with three remotes and the A3-L gyro. I am also using a Castle Creations 20amp Pro BEC. Hope the pics give you some more ideas! When I can get to the L-39, I will get a pic or two of it... Same equipment setup in her! :Cool:
              Thanks Hardway

I have not bundled all the wires yet. That's a good idea. Maybe wire ties (carefully) could be another solution too. I was hoping my antenna wires are acceptable too. These little receivers don't give you many options :)
              Rich

Comment

• I just used heat shrink since tie wraps are a little more abrasive over time, but since vibration is not nearly like a gas plane, they should be fine! To secure the wires, a little Foam Tac on the heat shrink sticks the wires to the foam, but doesn't actually get on the wires themselves... I also use packing tape to hold the little antennae in place, and sometimes make little pockets for them to slide into out of pneumatic retract tubing from Robart...

Comment

• The L-39 is much more of a rat's nest than most, but it is functional and actually keeps itself tidy. I did use a tie wrap in the 10-12 gauge wires, and the A3-L is on a shelf added to the airframe. The CC 20amp is mounted above the gyro on the top inside edge of the fuselage behind the hatch.... Jerry

Comment

• Mine and my A-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                      The L-39 is much more of a rat's nest than most, but it is functional and actually keeps itself tidy. I did use a tie wrap in the 10-12 gauge wires, and the A3-L is on a shelf added to the airframe. The CC 20amp is mounted above the gyro on the top inside edge of the fuselage behind the hatch.... Jerry
                      Thanks for sharing Jerry....

I hope this helps others that have questions about mounting the receiver in these birds. Your L39 is looking very busy inside there :)

Rich

Comment

• Yep! I may rework it. I am a neat freak on wires, and it sure falls short of the other birds. If it was just a stabilized receiver, it would go under the battery tray! But the L-39 sure flies nice...;)

Comment

• These Admiral receivers are 6 ch with built-in gyros. I have my gyro turned off on all of my jets and planes so far. It is nice to have the option to use it when necessary.

Comment

• The L-39 definitely doesn't need a gyro, this thing flies really smooth as is! My favorite flying jet! :Cool:

Comment

• I say that about just about every plane... key word need. People all come back saying why wouldn’t you use something that improves the flying experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
                                The L-39 definitely doesn't need a gyro, this thing flies really smooth as is! My favorite flying jet! :Cool:
                                Have to agree here, I don't think this one needs a gyro at all myself, very smoooth flyer, flew mine in some gusty winds for the first time, I was surprised how well it handled it, landings were no problem at all, it just came right on in with full flaps as if it was nothing. But I do understand now why people use gyros, it does seem to smooth out the whole flight envelope on some jets, I don't use gyros on anything other than the 90mm F-104, I will never fly that again without one that's for sure...............:Scared:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Have to agree here, I don't think this one needs a gyro at all myself, very smoooth flyer, flew mine in some gusty winds for the first time, I was surprised how well it handled it, landings were no problem at all, it just came right on in with full flaps as if it was nothing. But I do understand now why people use gyros, it does seem to smooth out the whole flight envelope on some jets, I don't use gyros on anything other than the 90mm F-104, I will never fly that again without one that's for sure...............:Scared:
                                  I agree. I fly mine without a gyro and do not feel a need for one. It just flies so smoothly. There are some that a gyro improves, however in my opinion that's just something else that can go wrong if you don't need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                    The finished product!
                                    I`m going to make mine an L-159 also vduniec, I have made the duck bill nose extension already, have the decals from Callie,the aircraft is ready for paint. I just have to wait untill it gets above 0 degrees here. Can`t even paint in the basement. Nice work on your paint>

Comment

• Has anyone removed the servos from the horizontal stabilizer without tearing it up? I rolled my office chair into it and it was left in an undesirable state. I purchased a new one but after attempting to get the servos out of the original it appears I will have to destroy it to do so. The old one could be a less aesthetically pleasing spare after repair. This also seems to indicate after removal the servos will have so much glue on them they will never sit right again in the new part. What say you of vast knowledge and experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chilly Bear View Post
                                        Has anyone removed the servos from the horizontal stabilizer without tearing it up? I rolled my office chair into it and it was left in an undesirable state. I purchased a new one but after attempting to get the servos out of the original it appears I will have to destroy it to do so. The old one could be a less aesthetically pleasing spare after repair. This also seems to indicate after removal the servos will have so much glue on them they will never sit right again in the new part. What say you of vast knowledge and experience?
                                        I'd just get a new stab and servos :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chilly Bear View Post
                                          Has anyone removed the servos from the horizontal stabilizer without tearing it up? I rolled my office chair into it and it was left in an undesirable state. I purchased a new one but after attempting to get the servos out of the original it appears I will have to destroy it to do so. The old one could be a less aesthetically pleasing spare after repair. This also seems to indicate after removal the servos will have so much glue on them they will never sit right again in the new part. What say you of vast knowledge and experience?
                                          Based on MRC support, the elevator servos are not to hard to replace. I just received my replacement servo but have not put it into mine yet. This is what they told me
                                          "They are easy to replace just wiggle it lose and it will come out they are glued in with silicone."
                                          Rich

Comment

Working...
                                          X