Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam51401, the Geeetech A10 looks a lot like the Ender3. Are you using a particular slicing software? We may want to take this over to the 3D Printing thread as you will likely get a lot more assistance from those with a lot more knowledge than even myself.

Comment

• what do you mean by back to front?

nvm I see it tip of star pointing aft instead of forward.

cant see that crowd booing that when you go sizzling by lol

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

That will look great, a little sanding and some paint and it will be all good. I am half-way into the second one then I will start painting. Will look MEAN on the camo bird!
        Finally got around to removing the supports and giving it a sand. It’s come out pretty good. Having some trouble getting on the pylon at the moment so might need some more sanding.

Will give it a shot of primer and then silver hopefully over the weekend and then print out a second one
        Attached Files

Comment

• Greeting from TEXAS!!! Nice job! :Cool::Cool: Jerry

Comment

• 1st one turned out okay! Might have gone a little heavy on the weathering but won’t see it once it’s in the air
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
              What throws are you guys using for high, mid , low?
              I fly all my jets on one rate only, here are the rates for my L-39 for nice smooth scale flying.

Ailerons- 16mm up/dwn, linkage in the 3rd hole in on the servo horn
              Elevator- 16mm up/dwn, linkage in the 2nd hole in on the servo horn
              Rudder is whatever you need
              CG is at 110mm, little farther back than the recommended 103mm.

Hope his helps you.;)

Love the new Camo version, number one flyer now...........LOL
              Attached Files

Comment

• For anyone looking for that "special", not doing cookie cutter scheme, here is mine I finished and flew at the Jet Jam this weekend.
                Contact Callie if your fine working with large graphics on compound curves. Stock from box on electrics and using Roaring Top 5000 6s 45c. Flight tip, front of battery was placed 1/4" aft of front edge of battery tray. Very neutral cg location as invert takes little to NO elevator to maintain level. Sweet spot found!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                  For anyone looking for that "special", not doing cookie cutter scheme, here is mine I finished and flew at the Jet Jam this weekend.
                  Contact Callie if your fine working with large graphics on compound curves. Stock from box on electrics and using Roaring Top 5000 6s 45c. Flight tip, front of battery was placed 1/4" aft of front edge of battery tray. Very neutral cg location as invert takes little to NO elevator to maintain level. Sweet spot found!
                  Looks amazing! I just finished my first (very basic) attempt at re-painting the L-39. How did you manage to mask the lines without pulling up the underlying paint? Well done!

Comment

• After flying the L-39 for a few months I decided it was time for a fresh look. I have seen the Patriots Jet Team perform multiple times at the Reno Air Races. So I figured, why not? Introducing the Freewing 80mm Motion RC, Callie Graphics, Patriots #6 L-39. The only problem is, with the shiny black finish, it’s now allergic to prolonged direct sun exposure. I’ll have to be careful! I also added a Gooniac afterburner. So cool. Can’t go without thanking Callie Graphics for the custom Patriots vinyl. Awesome. And goes without saying, thanks to Motion RC for the awesome jets and great service.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post

Looks amazing! I just finished my first (very basic) attempt at re-painting the L-39. How did you manage to mask the lines without pulling up the underlying paint? Well done!
                      I did have several small areas that did lift and removed the base layer of paint down to the foam. I used a good model paint tape from the LHS for plastic models and had great edges but the paint did bleed in the recessed panel lines but was easily cleaned up.
                      I decanned the paint and just touched up where needed adn all was well.

Comment

• Both great looking birds guys!:Cool:

Comment

• Gosh, both of those L-39s are really special! Hats off to both of you!

Callie's business must be booming :Cool:
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha this is one of your best jets ever...needed no trim at all and flys on rails etc...big and easy to see...almost pulled the trigger on the camo version but just don't have the room thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                              Alpha this is one of your best jets ever...needed no trim at all and flys on rails etc...big and easy to see...almost pulled the trigger on the camo version but just don't have the room thanks
                              Just order the ARF Plus and leave it in the box. Then you will be all set if he sport jet version has a mishap.:P

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• hi bill...all ready had a mishap as a cross wind and a bad pilot let it get too slow and pancaked it in and it rolled over frontward and broke off the nose and top of the tail..ordered a new tail and spackled and glued the nose back on and it still flys great even with the tanks on...good idear though on the arf + lol.. ill just tell the wife Bill make me do it!!!

Comment

• Small request for future builds. Especially with the red white and blue one. On the canopy, is it possible to paint a grey on the paint mask first, then a white over the top? That way looking through the side of the canopy at the inner canopy frame, it’s not the same color (white) as the outside? ...or would that cause the white on the outside to be the wrong shade in the paint process?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Glad you like it, Radar-Guy! The L-39 was a monstrous hit for us, and we received many requests from both European and Stateside customers for this "Russian Camo" color scheme, so we decided to make it happen. It is unique enough from the Air Show demo scheme which was intended to highlight the sport/civil/acro use of the Albatros, and now with this new scheme we can contrast that with its military trainer heritage. The toughest part was translating all of those decals, AGAIN, to yet a different language. First it was Romanian text all over the airplane, now it's Russian. Thanks to those who helped us with the translation!

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00852.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	198069Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00862.JPG Views:	0 Size:	92.2 KB ID:	198070

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00869.JPG Views:	0 Size:	121.1 KB ID:	198071Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00858.JPG Views:	0 Size:	139.0 KB ID:	198072
                                  Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00855.JPG Views:	0 Size:	69.9 KB ID:	198073Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00844.JPG Views:	0 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	198074
                                  Click image for larger version Name:	DSC03150-20190603-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.6 KB ID:	198075

Comment

• Does anyone have the mfc diagram? Im at the field and i have no steering. :Angry:

Comment

• You could have just gone to Motion's site for the plane, then to support and they have the board diagram on a separate file .........................

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                                        Small request for future builds. Especially with the red white and blue one. On the canopy, is it possible to paint a grey on the paint mask first, then a white over the top? That way looking through the side of the canopy at the inner canopy frame, it’s not the same color (white) as the outside? ...or would that cause the white on the outside to be the wrong shade in the paint process?

Thanks!

Hey JLamb, I just saw your question. Unfortunately we can't cost-effectively do a mask to paint the inner frame of the canopy. That would require an external mold (to hold the canopy's shape consistently in a cradle like structure) and an internal mold/mask (to mask of areas we don't want painted with the interior frame color). It would increase the cost significantly, plus time.

Xviper, thanks for forwarding that link. Lucky to be flying in the middle of the day! Early weekend start!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Viper thank you. Yes i did go but i must have missed it. Either way i got it sorted out. The bb mfc failed on rudder. I bypassed all my control sufaces on all my jets. I dont trust the bb this is my 3rd freewing aircraft where the bb failed.

The L-39 is unbelievably amazingly stable. Very predictable. One of the easiest planes i have ever flown. :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X