X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
    Viper thank you. Yes i did go but i must have missed it. Either way i got it sorted out. The bb mfc failed on rudder. I bypassed all my control sufaces on all my jets. I dont trust the bb this is my 3rd freewing aircraft where the bb failed.

The L-39 is unbelievably amazingly stable. Very predictable. One of the easiest planes i have ever flown. :Cool:
    Got yer back. Yes, indeed, that L-39 is super stable. I've always thought my Avanti S was easy to fly, but this one might have just a tiny edge over it. I've had trouble with that board with the flaps on the Avanti. With the L-39, so far nothing has glitched (keeping fingers crossed).

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post

Looks amazing! I just finished my first (very basic) attempt at re-painting the L-39. How did you manage to mask the lines without pulling up the underlying paint? Well done!
      Post-It makes some post-it-tape. I use that for sharp lines. Also you can mask with a piece of paper if you are using an airbrush. On my L-39 I cut my own paint masks out of inkjet printer paper. Worked just fine.

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Hey JLamb, I just saw your question. Unfortunately we can't cost-effectively do a mask to paint the inner frame of the canopy. That would require an external mold (to hold the canopy's shape consistently in a cradle like structure) and an internal mold/mask (to mask of areas we don't want painted with the interior frame color). It would increase the cost significantly, plus time.

Xviper, thanks for forwarding that link. Lucky to be flying in the middle of the day! Early weekend start!
        First off, thanks Alpha for cudoos on the Dragon scheme.
        I believe what Viper is saying would be that if the canopy can be painted first with a grey coat and then followed up with the final coat to match the scheme would work. No new or different mask molds, just an extra step of color.
        FYI, I did brush paint the inside of my L39 canopy to match inside cockpit color. The gray would be more neutral and match many or all schemes. Just adds a little bling overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post

First off, thanks Alpha for cudoos on the Dragon scheme.
          I believe what Viper is saying would be that if the canopy can be painted first with a grey coat and then followed up with the final coat to match the scheme would work. No new or different mask molds, just an extra step of color.
          FYI, I did brush paint the inside of my L39 canopy to match inside cockpit color. The gray would be more neutral and match many or all schemes. Just adds a little bling overall.
          Ah, I see. If that's what y'all are after, I can inquire with Freewing what adding the extra step would do to production and if it can be feasibly done without a spike in cost or re-timing the production line. I can't promise anything right now, but I will look into it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190620_151024.jpg
Views:	1329
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	201955
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• WOW, That's a lot of F35'sLOL

Comment

• I painted the pitot tube olive green like the full scale. Think it looks much better than the white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Ah, I see. If that's what y'all are after, I can inquire with Freewing what adding the extra step would do to production and if it can be feasibly done without a spike in cost or re-timing the production line. I can't promise anything right now, but I will look into it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190620_151024.jpg
Views:	1329
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	201955
                Sure is! Considering one next! Anyone got one next to a L39 for a size comparison?

Also so are there any 3D parts for the antenna that go on each side of the vertical stab? I’ve noticed there is a cutout on each side. I just printed off the small antenna that goes on top of the fuse. Really love how scale this jet is! Also finished the second rocket pod, just having some issues mounting them as the slot is slightly undersized, needs some sanding to get them into the exisiting rail. Should look good zooming by with these bad boys hanging off the wing!

Cheers

Jeremy
                Attached Files

Comment

• I created a new thread to report blue box issues. If you've had any issues with it in any of the 3 planes it has been released in (L-39, F-22, F-18), please post the details on this thread:

Pat

Comment

• I maidened my L-39 with success early this morning. What a great flying jet, even when you're half asleep because you're not a morning person! lol

Comment

• so anyone that has flown the camo version was it easy to see with the yellow wing tips?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                        so anyone that has flown the camo version was it easy to see with the yellow wing tips?
                        Not like I thought they would, there are times you can see them good when your up close on a flyby but when you get far out I really don't see the yellow as well as I thought, the stock livery is better but it's worth it to have the Camo, looks way better to me....:Cool:

Comment

• hey thanks dc I will still get the camo arf that will give me both...really like the planes speed and easy flyability and the red white and blue is easy to see

Comment

• This is my maiden flight review for the Freewing L-39. I love it!

Comment

• Great flight!!

Comment

• Thank you! I hope to have many more just like it, if not better :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                  so anyone that has flown the camo version was it easy to see with the yellow wing tips?
                                  Ron, here's a video of me flying the camo version with tons of trees in the background. She's really easy to see even down low with trees behind.

Comment

• thanks RC the L39 goes by so fast its hard to tell anything lol...I think its not as easy to see as the red white and blue one that I have but still not too bad at all...guess that light pole has a name lol you called it out to make it go away right? :)

Comment

•  

Comment

• Just want to make sure a 50c rated battery is a good fit for this airframe?

Comment

• Ordered the Camo version yesterday. I normally fly WW2 but love the lines of the L-39. Pretty excited about it. It seems most of you say it doesn’t need a gyro but I have a Spektrum AR636 just sitting around so I figured a little added stability can’t hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                          X