X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HOSSINARIZONA View Post

Thanks for helping out however, I just spent 45 minutes looking at Motion's site for programming instructions for the Freewing 100 AMP ESC that is in the L39, and cant find a thing. They sell a programming card which is out of stock, but no where do I see any sort of programming instructions?
    Do you remember where it was listed, maybe it's no longer available on their site? Anyway, I will keep looking around to see what I can find.
    If you go to Hobbyking their Turnigy Plush programming Card works for the 100A esc .. The Plush series is a rebadged HW line of escs..

Comment

• Has anyone here got a near match for the Red colour for the L-39?? TIA

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

If you go to Hobbyking their Turnigy Plush programming Card works for the 100A esc .. The Plush series is a rebadged HW line of escs..
        Thanks for the information, I will go check it out.

Comment

Has anyone here got a near match for the Red colour for the L-39?? TIA
          Someone posted these colors as a match, the are from Home Depot I think?

Comment

• They have a new Plush 32bit line that uses a different programing card so use caution.

Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

Comment

Thanks for the information, I will go check it out.
              Thanks for the colours..This is what you need Click image for larger version  Name:	0002C8B9-CD6F-4344-A926-AFCECFF75B03.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	40.4 KB ID:	204567

Comment

Thanks for the colours..This is what you need Click image for larger version Name:	0002C8B9-CD6F-4344-A926-AFCECFF75B03.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	40.4 KB ID:	204567
                Thanks for posting the photo, I just ordered one. Can someone post the settings that should be used, at least that way I, and maybe a few others will not be guessing at what should be changed.
                TIA for all the help:Cool:

Comment

• Read the instructions, it explains everything. The programing card just makes programing easier than using the transmitter sticks.

Brake Off
                  Battery LiPo
                  Cutoff Soft
                  Cutoff voltage Low or Medium. Low runs the risk of damaging the battery, medium ups the risk to cutting off power to the plane if you run the battery low.
                  Start mode Normal
                  Timing Low
                  Cell- not sure this is a choice in the ESC- Auto?
                  Governor Off

If you use the default settings you'll be good.

Comment

Thanks for posting the photo, I just ordered one. Can someone post the settings that should be used, at least that way I, and maybe a few others will not be guessing at what should be changed.
                    TIA for all the help:Cool:
                    I have that card but personally, I've never found the need to use it. One would only use it to either confirm what's already in there OR to change some or all of the parameters OR to put it back in the event that you accidentally changed something when you were trying to do a throttle calibration, in which case, would you even know what parameters to put it back to? Most of these ESCs come ready to go with the default settings out of the box. For throttle calibration, you don't use this card anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      Read the instructions, it explains everything. The programing card just makes programing easier than using the transmitter sticks.

Brake Off
                      Battery LiPo
                      Cutoff Soft
                      Cutoff voltage Low or Medium. Low runs the risk of damaging the battery, medium ups the risk to cutting off power to the plane if you run the battery low.
                      Start mode Normal
                      Timing Low
                      Cell- not sure this is a choice in the ESC- Auto?
                      Governor Off

If you use the default settings you'll be good.
                      Thanks for the info, I figured I really don't need it, but I thought it would be good to have on hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        I have that card but personally, I've never found the need to use it. One would only use it to either confirm what's already in there OR to change some or all of the parameters OR to put it back in the event that you accidentally changed something when you were trying to do a throttle calibration, in which case, would you even know what parameters to put it back to? Most of these ESCs come ready to go with the default settings out of the box. For throttle calibration, you don't use this card anyway.
                        On the contrary..Default timing on HW escs are usually Med ( check for yourself)so need to be changed to Low especially for the Inrunners & the Card makes this simple..I usually set my battery cutoff to the lowest .. Not that I would run it down low but on the off chance it happens it’s cheaper to lose a Battery than a Plane..:)

Comment

On the contrary..Default timing on HW escs are usually Med ( check for yourself)so need to be changed to Low especially for the Inrunners & the Card makes this simple..I usually set my battery cutoff to the lowest .. Not that I would run it down low but on the off chance it happens it’s cheaper to lose a Battery than a Plane..:)
                          Hmmmm ........................... I've never messed with stock programming unless the plane performs oddly. So far, using the settings as they come, have been quite satisfactory for me, so I don't want to risk screwing something up, which I fear I'm likely to do delving into stuff I know very little about. The only time I fiddled with the programming was when I transplanted components into a different plane and quite frankly, I couldn't tell the difference in the way the plane performed no matter what settings I chose. Instructions I've read on some ESCs I have, have indicated that "med" or "auto" is sufficient for general applications. Sports cars, I tweak. Model planes, I usually leave it as is.

Comment

• Just swapped the fan for an fms 2000kv inrunner from horizon(2100kv direct from fms on backorder). Flight times went from 3:30 with 3.8v to 3.77v per cell remaining to 5 min with same volt per cell avg. Better vertical,slightly shorter take off (doesnt seem much faster though) Quieter than stock but still has a nice jet "woosh" sound.I got similar results with the same swap in my mig 21. Im sold on inrunners.
                            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              Hmmmm ........................... I've never messed with stock programming unless the plane performs oddly. So far, using the settings as they come, have been quite satisfactory for me, so I don't want to risk screwing something up, which I fear I'm likely to do delving into stuff I know very little about. The only time I fiddled with the programming was when I transplanted components into a different plane and quite frankly, I couldn't tell the difference in the way the plane performed no matter what settings I chose. Instructions I've read on some ESCs I have, have indicated that "med" or "auto" is sufficient for general applications. Sports cars, I tweak. Model planes, I usually leave it as is.
                              You can’t Dork the timing unless you set it on HighLOLWith low timing you’re running the fan more efficiently & not wasting output as extra heat..Tweaking Edfs I love :)

Comment

Just finished the maiden and 4 more flights, what a great flying plane! The only thing I will comment on is the roll out, I fly off of a paved 700 foot runway, and once I touch down it almost takes the full length to stop, even if I set down at the very beginning. I am using flaps and come in fairly slow.
                                Has anyone found a way to put some sort braking device on the main wheels, I was thinking of some type of "O" ring on the axle to rub a bit on the wheel hub and the landing gear strut, other than actual brakes I don't know of a way.
                                Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.
                                Funny you should comment on this.... I thought it just my L39. If you can get it slow just before touchdown and not to nose heavy helps :)
                                I purchased these to add onto my L39 but have not installed them yet. Direct replacement for the stock wheels and tires 4mm axle will run off the 6S pack with a adaptor

"The JP Hobby Electromagnetic Control Aircraft Braking System is the easiest to use and most reliable aircraft braking system available. It replaces the old style pneumatic and servo applied remote control braking systems. This design allows for easier installation and better control of braking. High grade aluminum construction with ball bearing wheels and replaceable hollow rubber tires. input Voltage: 7.2 - 30 Volts
                                NOTE: these are the NEW VERSION control boards. The braking force is now controlled by the servo travel/endpoints you set in your TX. The brakes can set a 2 or 3 position switch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	14783271211751002239370.jpg
Views:	1198
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	204600
                                link: https://effluxrc.com/JP-Hobby-65mm-B...P65mmBWset.htm

great guys to work with

Rich

Comment

• Is a 50c rated pack enough, or should I look for something a bit higher? I know a lot of people are using the Admiral 5000 mAh 50c batteries, I would even consider a 6000 mAh battery since there is so much room in the battery bay, and the flight times would go up from around 3 1/2 minutes to over 4 minutes I would think?
                                  Thanks in advance for any additional help.

Comment

Is a 50c rated pack enough, or should I look for something a bit higher? I know a lot of people are using the Admiral 5000 mAh 50c batteries, I would even consider a 6000 mAh battery since there is so much room in the battery bay, and the flight times would go up from around 3 1/2 minutes to over 4 minutes I would think?
                                    Thanks in advance for any additional help.
                                    I run the Admiral 5000 40C, Admiral Carbon 5100 70C and the Roaring Top 6250 35C with no issues at all...but you can tell the Carbon has more punch.

TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hi
                                      I just picked up the camo model and do not have access to a 3d Printed, can someone please share a place to purchase the 3D interior cockpit parts already printed ?
                                      Thank you
                                      JH

Comment

• Decided to try and get some video of my Arctic Aggressor repaint today since I didn't get any yesterday while doing the F-18 maiden. I only took two batteries along so I'd leave the field earlier in the day as well. Yesterday about killed me staying til noon. I was on my way back home before 10:00 this morning and as a result, don't feel as dead. I was flying a bit on the aggressive side for this video and tracking left a bit to be desired. I didn't allow quite enough weight shift for the flight pack to compensate for the extra weight of the tag and was a little nose heavy as well.

I wasn't flying as aggressively on this flight as I did during the "Arctic 1" and the Soloshot tracking worked pretty good overall. Even if it hadn't this would have been my "keeper video" just for the landing. It's not often that I make a nice smooth one, and even more rare is for it to be caught on video.

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• nice one bill know that feeling of which vid to use lol at least you have a long runway we land on 280 feet but its kinda rough and always a crosswind so u have to hit first 50 feet or its in the grass lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X