X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
    Thanks. I love the way it tracks like an arrow down the runway before take off and landing, something my other jets don't do as well.
    Agree, the L39 is a super ground handling machine. I have found the L39 rolls forever...… after touch down. I was considering installing some electric brakes :) I just can get myself to add extra weight. If you are flying off grass it would be perfect, but like you we have a long paved runway

Rich

Comment

• With a 4000 graphene on manual recommended CofG, how should I approach and land this? Fabric runway but not all that long. My first larger EDF. Does it glide with flaps?

Comment

• its a good flyer with or without flaps but u will want to land with full flaps if not too windy just to get it to slow down get a nose wheel brace just in case you run off into the grass it will help

Comment

• Hi randallp

That graphene pack is approx the same weight as the 5000mah admiral I use in the L-39 and for landing I find it best to come in at a high angle of decent with full flaps and very little power, then flair with the addition of a little more power as you get to the ground. This means you can get into tight spaces with a short approach and it will stop quickly too, especially off grass. The gear will take this kind of landing all day long.

You can see more in the recent video that was posted.

Comment

• I just bought the Camo version. I have 4200 MaH batteries sitting around. Will I have enough room to move the battery forward enough to get the correct CG?

Tom

Comment

• test fitted the fms 2100kv fan tonight in the arf plus camo version...as someone said I had to carve a small amount of foam from the motor hatch to make it all fit right but its really no problem...now I need the 100a esc from motion to get it going.. must be popular as its always out of stock

Comment

•  

Comment

• How does the L 39 perform clean vs loaded?

Comment

• lost a wing hold down bolt for my L39 anyone know where I can get one? the screw kit is out of stock at motion! as always if I need it its out of stock lol...ace may be the place of the helpful hardware man but the one close to me doesent have any machine screws that have the same thread pattern...someone must have crashed a l39 somewhere that doesent need one m3 x 8mm wing screw they don't need please lol no telling when motion will get them back in...ive been waiting for the 100a esc for the camo arf plus for a month or so now

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                      lost a wing hold down bolt for my L39 anyone know where I can get one? the screw kit is out of stock at motion! as always if I need it its out of stock lol...ace may be the place of the helpful hardware man but the one close to me doesent have any machine screws that have the same thread pattern...someone must have crashed a l39 somewhere that doesent need one m3 x 8mm wing screw they don't need please lol no telling when motion will get them back in...ive been waiting for the 100a esc for the camo arf plus for a month or so now
                      not perfect, but your local hobby shop could have these Du-Bro 2122 3.0 mm x 8mm Socket Head Cap Screw (4-Pack)

Comment

• Received my L-39 in the Camo scheme yesterday. My wife ordered it Wed. in hopes it would be here for my B'day Saturday and Motion and Fed Ex got it here.
                        Plane went together quickly.It took longer to program the radio then to assemble the plane.
                        I did Stuart's light Mod (the white tip lights always on) but instead of running two wires to the MCB-E I ran a Y. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwH_1f3YdNY&t=388s
                        Going to maiden it today (Sun.).
                        Tom

Comment

• let us know how you like the maiden tom,,its a fun plane and fast...

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                            Received my L-39 in the Camo scheme yesterday. My wife ordered it Wed. in hopes it would be here for my B'day Saturday and Motion and Fed Ex got it here.
                            Plane went together quickly.It took longer to program the radio then to assemble the plane.
                            I did Stuart's light Mod (the white tip lights always on) but instead of running two wires to the MCB-E I ran a Y. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwH_1f3YdNY&t=388s
                            Going to maiden it today (Sun.).
                            Tom
                            Good job. you should enjoy this jet very much, it is a sweet flying machine!

Let us know how the maiden flight goes
                            Rich

Comment

• So, I just got home from the Maiden and I am totally pleased with the L-39. Flies fast and as stable as if it had a stabilizer. It didn't need even one click of trim which surprised me.
                              It doesn't drop in turns like other EDFs I own. (Flex jet and 90 mm Raptor)
                              I have it balanced just slightly nose down at the recommended CG of 103 mm. Or 4" standard measure.
                              Landed so smooth with a touch of up elevator and full flaps.
                              Only had one flight as it started to rain just as I touched down.
                              It only rolled about 50-60 feet on our textile runway.
                              I'm very pleased with this offering by Motion RC.
                              The light mod helped especially when it got below the tree line.

Tom

Comment

•  

Comment

• Comment

• Excellent work dwindom.

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk!!!! Great Job!!! Jerry

Comment

• Hey fellas.
                                        Anyone have the elevator to flap settings for the L-39? I've been having some issues getting the right settings. I have the DX-18 Tx.

Comment

• I don't use flap to elevator mixing. I do however have a 4 second delay on my flaps and don't use them at high speeds.
                                          I've seen -7% elevator mixed though.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                          X