Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU8328tWOK8....mix shown at end of video. (12:23 Mark)

Comment

• A rather quick and easy mod for me. Perhaps white lighting would have been better but I love the green.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudderman98 View Post
        Hey fellas.
        Anyone have the elevator to flap settings for the L-39? I've been having some issues getting the right settings. I have the DX-18 Tx.
        This is my DX20 flap settings on my L39. very predictable and works great for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	1555
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	209742

this is what I have on my FW A4 as another example

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	1446
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	209743

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudderman98 View Post
          Hey fellas.
          Anyone have the elevator to flap settings for the L-39? I've been having some issues getting the right settings. I have the DX-18 Tx.
          If you take a look at Rich's settings, you can see that the numbers are different from one plane to another and even with mulitples of the same plane. What your settings will end up being is dependent on where in the flap servo arm you began to size up and attach the rod and also on whether or not you are using any flap servo sub-trim to begin with to get the flap servo closer to the beginning (zero flap) of its travel. So seeing someone else's flap settings may not necessarily be what you will use for yours. If I put up my L-39 settings, they will look different from Rich's.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            If you take a look at Rich's settings, you can see that the numbers are different from one plane to another and even with mulitples of the same plane. What your settings will end up being is dependent on where in the flap servo arm you began to size up and attach the rod and also on whether or not you are using any flap servo sub-trim to begin with to get the flap servo closer to the beginning (zero flap) of its travel. So seeing someone else's flap settings may not necessarily be what you will use for yours. If I put up my L-39 settings, they will look different from Rich's.
            You are absolutely right and I didn't think about this. Differences would definitely change the outcomes. Post your photo I am curious to see your settings now :)

Rich

Comment

• PUZZLED:
              How does the way the flaps are set up (Geometry,etc) determine the elevator mix?

Tom

Comment

•  

Comment

• Put the first two flights on the L-39 today. What a nice flying airplane. Installed a AR636 receiver so I’ll continue to adjust the gyro gains. Plane is smooth and precise. The Russian scheme show up great in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post
                    Put the first two flights on the L-39 today. What a nice flying airplane. Installed a AR636 receiver so I’ll continue to adjust the gyro gains. Plane is smooth and precise. The Russian scheme show up great in the air.
                    Congrats on your Maiden +1...I really enjoy mine. Have only 4 flights on it. I don't see a need for a stabilizer but haven't flown with any wind yet.

Tom

BTW: first two flights were clean, second two with all the goodies on it and didn't see any significant change in it's performance.

Comment

•  

Comment

• I'm thinking of printing the 3DPups for the L-39. how is the fitment of the printed parts?
                        The Corsair cockpit needed quite a bit of trimming/re-sizing for it to fit.

Tom

Comment

• Comment

• Great photo FlyVegas

Comment

• Hi Guys
                              I wanted to share my L39 taking off for our annual airshow. Most of us pilots do not get any great photos of their airplanes in the air.

Name:	IMG_3719.PNG
Views:	1299
Size:	451.8 KB
ID:	211748

Name:	IMG_3723.PNG
Views:	1245
Size:	364.5 KB
ID:	211749

Comment

• ​ Finally got around to maidening my camo L-39. Beautiful plane. Center burner looks awesome too.
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Yes, I love my camo l39. I thought maybe a little small for me but the yellow shows up so good. Great flying plane. Will be one of my go toos for sure.

Comment

• I fly from a textile runway at my club field. Over the Labor day weekend I flew at an Airport. I went off the runway, which put my gear to the test. When I retracted the gear the left side wouldn't fold into the well. Here the pivot point was very tight and wouldn't allow the wheel to go back to it's normal position. It was binding at the knuckle. Tonight I sprayed the pin at the knuckle with penetrating oil and it now pivots freely. Just something to look for.

Tom

Comment

• Thanks Tom, will do. Last flight I had the nose gear remain out. I think it got hung up n the door. One more gear cycle and it retracted ok.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble fitting the gun pod on their L39? Mine slides on initially and then jams up about 3/8 of an inch from where I assume it is supposed to be. ( Where the red trim lines would meet) I opened up the gap in the pod where the lugs on the plane should slide and even added a little silicon grease to help out but with no luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks flyers!

Comment

Working...
                                          X