Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What region are you in? What kind of tapas? They all sound good to me!! And then you have the jamon!! Is it iberico? Close enough to bacon for me!!!!!!!!!!!! :Cool:

Comment

• More flights for media ... this time in bluer skies! Also, seems like a user asked about the nose gear door mechanism? Here is a close-up ...

Comment

• Nice! Looks servo driven, right? The screen is small and I’m not on my laptop so it’s harder to see.

Comment

• No servo in the photo TC. The rod disappears into the fuselage so if it is the servo is on the top side..
          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
            No servo in the photo TC. The rod disappears into the fuselage so if it is the servo is on the top side..
            Thanks Bill. It’s not under what looks like a spring? Maybe the door pressure closes on that white tab sticking out. I need to go on an iPad or Laptop to see it better. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Thanks Bill. It’s not under what looks like a spring? Maybe the door pressure closes on that white tab sticking out. I need to go on an iPad or Laptop to see it better. LOL
              If it is, it's well hidden. It's possible that the gear strut may hit that white tab the linkage goes through and pull the door shut. Looks like the spring is there to lift the tab when the gear is down.
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Looks to me like a simple push lever setup. The NG strut pushes the lever as it retracts into the bay, closing the door. The spring holds the door closed so as not to have to make finite adjustments to the lever/control rod.
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  Looks to me like a simple push lever setup. The NG strut pushes the lever as it retracts into the bay, closing the door. The spring holds the door closed so as not to have to make finite adjustments to the lever/control rod.
                  Exactly!

Comment

• Keeps getting more clever. I like it!

Comment

• Looks to me like the spring actually holds the gear door open. The NG strut hits the white tab to close the gear door upon retraction and mechanically holds the gear door closed. When lowering the gear, the NG strut removes the mechanical pressure on the white tab and the spring pulls the tab upward (in this picture, actually downward with the plane upright) and holds the gear door open.Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	197.7 KB ID:	150613

Comment

• ...and so far it works very well. I am used to seeing a nose door like this "creep" a little I.E. be a bit ajar inflight. Not so on this mechanism.

Comment

• Oops ... Double post

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post
                            Looks to me like the spring actually holds the gear door open. The NG strut hits the white tab to close the gear door upon retraction and mechanically holds the gear door closed. When lowering the gear, the NG strut removes the mechanical pressure on the white tab and the spring pulls the tab upward (in this picture, actually downward with the plane upright) and holds the gear door open.Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	197.7 KB ID:	150613
                            Great close up. It appears you’re right on the money. I can’t see it working any other way with the way it looks to be designed. That’s great and hope it works well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              What region are you in? What kind of tapas? They all sound good to me!! And then you have the jamon!! Is it iberico? Close enough to bacon for me!!!!!!!!!!!! :Cool:
                              From the South of course, Andalusia :). Nice weather (you can fly here all year long), all kinds of tapas (free little food plates you get when you order a drink), paellas (most famous spanish rice dish probably), nice beaches, nice social life, nice brunettes...ehem ehem...Some years ago I met through another forum a very nice American, he happened to have been in my City (Granada) in the year 1969!

Bajora, stunning pic collection you have, you will probably be the culprit that even people who were not especially keen on the L39 are getting one xD

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                                More flights for media ... this time in bluer skies! Also, seems like a user asked about the nose gear door mechanism? Here is a close-up ...

Wow, Hoot keeps looking better and better! Thanks for posting these, Bajora. Blue skies aren't something we get much of over here.

Yes, the nose mechanism is a new design, adapted from similar designs probably most recognizable to those of us who used to DIY our own doors on balsa planes before the Age of PNPs. The "sprung lever" has an advantage in terms of holding power and as Pat guessed in not requiring frequent adjustment. The spring is calculated in reference to the range of incidence angles possible with the strut in the stock location and also a rearward "bent" position. Translation: The door will close and hold closed even if the nose strut happens to be bent or kinked in any way.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Sent our EagleTree eLogger with GPS sensor attached up for a flight to record telemetry data. Winds were probably about 5-6 MPH. Upwind passes are 102-106 MPH ... downwind passes are 108-115. Average them out and she is legitimately a triple digit speeds capable model! (click on photo for a larger image)

(Also added same data to page one post)

Comment

• And another blue sky in-flight photo to end the day:

Comment

• So, could call it 105mph avg on a completely still day i would assume

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                        ARF+ ordered ;)
                                        Tired Iron what do you have in mind? You didn't ordered the PNP version. What do you plan to power it with? A turbine?LOL

Comment

• Let's start the weekend RIGHT!

Comment

Working...
                                          X