Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just posted this in the Black Horse L-39 thread, very embarrassing, I'll try it here instead! I typically buy one airplane a year (you know- time, space, MONEY) and this Xmas was the L-39, which arrived Jan.31st. I've been taking advantage of the unusually mild weather (as my shop is poorly heated) to do the re-paint first, and here it is- sort of a Thai AF scheme. Graphics from Callie, of course, and my thanks to the person who first requested them. Planned are main gear doors, an opening front cockpit, and speedbrakes (going to steal Corsair Nut's T-33 design for the latter, lol). I ejected the kids from the cockpit with their little waving mittens and will be using a JHH 1/10 figure flying solo.
    Tom

Comment

• I just finished building my new L39 camo, this is my first Freewing Jet, all my other Jets are E-Flite, and after comparing the two, the Freewing has E-Flite beat internally, blue box, wiring etc, but externally not happy with Freewing at all, I have learned to always check, and tighten everything on a plane before I will fly it, and I also put three coats of minwax Polycrylic over paint, first off the decals are garbage, who the hell uses water type decals on a foamJet, second thing, I took off EDF cover, and when I did the paint peeled write off, it wasn’t even adhered to foam, and the whole plane is like that, it peeled in several areas, I know what happened they did not clean the foam off, before painting it, you have to wipe the foam down, before painting it, so I got some touch up paint and started to touch it up, then I thought to myself, that this is ridiculous, brand new Jet, and paint peeling everywhere, so I contacted Motion, they told me to fill out form online and take photos, which I did and the idiot from customer service said doesn’t look like peeling paint to me looks like a chemical was put on it, so I sent him a reply explaining I had to put polycrylic over the the foam to stop it from peeling, and he basically said their was nothing they could do, and to be honest with you this is the second plane I’ve bought from Motion, I never had any issues with my Old Crow, but I have dealt with Motions totally lack off customer support, on receivers and stuff, Horizon Hobby would have replaced plane no questions asked, Eflite has Freewing beat hands down on paint and decals, I still would probably purchase another Freewing Jet, but since their paint and decals are horrible, I will check the paint before I i ever started assembling, and I will be going back to Horizon for everything else, Motion idea of product support is a joke, I have only had a issue with one of HH planes I purchased, it had a big dent in foam, but they looked at my order history, and after seeing that I have spent a lot of money with them, they sent me out a new plane, and said just keep the old one for parts, when I purchased my L39 I also bought one of their Admiral 690 receiver/gyro, and it bound and then it quit working permanently, I called Customer service, and he told me I would need to fill out a return request, and return item, that part I was ok with that, but here’s where I had a issue, I asked him if he was sending a replacement, he actually told me that I had to wait until they received my receiver and evaluated it, so basically this idiot thought it was ok for me to have a $500 Jet that I now can’t fly, over a $30 receiver, so I I explained to him that this is ridiculous, he started to get rude with me, so I just said forget it, after seeing gyro/ receiver, I wouldn’t trust it in a expensive, Jet very cheaply made, soil purchased the best receiver made the Spektrum AR636, Motions receiver/ gyro is not a true gyro, you have to adjust each control surface separately, the biggest problem with theirs is there is no way to set up priorities, what priorities is in a real gyro is as I move my stick away from center, the gyro reads it and the the further I move my stick, it starts to shut of gyro, that way if your trying to turn and burn you don’t have a stupid gyro fighting you in the other direction, plus if I know from experience, they don’t require me to send back anything, or fill out a stupid form, or even send a bunch of stupid pictures, because they actually trust and value customers like me, hell they even send me every year on my birthday a $10 credit voucher, so Motion you only really have one reason I will ever purchase anything from you, and that’s because you have a much larger selection of Jets, and internally Freewing is a better built Jet, but I have been seeing HH coming out with more and more Jets,

Comment

• I find that strange .I have always found Motion RC second to none when it comes to Customer Care . I had a problem with 2 gyro from Motion RC and I rang them .They immediately put two gyro in the post to me and ask me to return the faulty gyros . Two days latter two gyro arrived . It turn out there was nothing wrong with the gyros, it was the way I had set them up . Motion RC could not of been more helpful . So find it strange you had problems .In my view I give Motion RC 10 out of 10 for customer service

Comment

• Motion, like most companies, started out with exceptional customer service and seems to have been getting worse. I've bought just about every EDF and a lot of their war birds, multiples of some of them and agree that many of the FW plane's paint has adhesion problems, the newest T-33 and AL-37 have been very well documented. That said poor paint and poor adhesion go back to their very first EDF, the Stinger 64 (delicate waterslide decals too). The first real bad paint that I complained about was the initial release of the F-14 for me. But some planes have been okay, the red white and blue L-39 paint is awesome, the Blue Angel F-18 is pretty good, etc. The waterslide decals are a plus and a minus. They are thin and look great to me but can be fragile.

Oddly Flight Line which to my understanding is made by FW seems to have better paint and uses less waterslides.

But all that said they still have a better product, in my opinion, than HH or HK though the HK Avios Mig is a great flying plane but with absolutely horrible paint adhesion.

Comment

• davidastella1287 Can we see some pictures of your L-39 paint issues you're seeing?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidastella1287 View Post
              ....so Motion you only really have one reason I will ever purchase anything from you, and that’s because you have a much larger selection of Jets, and internally Freewing is a better built Jet...
              That's two reasons! 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by davidastella1287 View Post
                I just finished building my new L39 camo, this is my first Freewing Jet, all my other Jets are E-Flite, and after comparing the two, the Freewing has E-Flite beat internally, blue box, wiring etc, but externally not happy with Freewing at all, I have learned to always check, and tighten everything on a plane before I will fly it, and I also put three coats of minwax Polycrylic over paint, first off the decals are garbage, who the hell uses water type decals on a foamJet, second thing, I took off EDF cover, and when I did the paint peeled write off, it wasn’t even adhered to foam, and the whole plane is like that, it peeled in several areas, I know what happened they did not clean the foam off, before painting it, you have to wipe the foam down, before painting it, so I got some touch up paint and started to touch it up, then I thought to myself, that this is ridiculous, brand new Jet, and paint peeling everywhere, so I contacted Motion, they told me to fill out form online and take photos, which I did and the idiot from customer service said doesn’t look like peeling paint to me looks like a chemical was put on it, so I sent him a reply explaining I had to put polycrylic over the the foam to stop it from peeling, and he basically said their was nothing they could do, and to be honest with you this is the second plane I’ve bought from Motion, I never had any issues with my Old Crow, but I have dealt with Motions totally lack off customer support, on receivers and stuff, Horizon Hobby would have replaced plane no questions asked, Eflite has Freewing beat hands down on paint and decals, I still would probably purchase another Freewing Jet, but since their paint and decals are horrible, I will check the paint before I i ever started assembling, and I will be going back to Horizon for everything else, Motion idea of product support is a joke, I have only had a issue with one of HH planes I purchased, it had a big dent in foam, but they looked at my order history, and after seeing that I have spent a lot of money with them, they sent me out a new plane, and said just keep the old one for parts, when I purchased my L39 I also bought one of their Admiral 690 receiver/gyro, and it bound and then it quit working permanently, I called Customer service, and he told me I would need to fill out a return request, and return item, that part I was ok with that, but here’s where I had a issue, I asked him if he was sending a replacement, he actually told me that I had to wait until they received my receiver and evaluated it, so basically this idiot thought it was ok for me to have a $500 Jet that I now can’t fly, over a $30 receiver, so I I explained to him that this is ridiculous, he started to get rude with me, so I just said forget it, after seeing gyro/ receiver, I wouldn’t trust it in a expensive, Jet very cheaply made, soil purchased the best receiver made the Spektrum AR636, Motions receiver/ gyro is not a true gyro, you have to adjust each control surface separately, the biggest problem with theirs is there is no way to set up priorities, what priorities is in a real gyro is as I move my stick away from center, the gyro reads it and the the further I move my stick, it starts to shut of gyro, that way if your trying to turn and burn you don’t have a stupid gyro fighting you in the other direction, plus if I know from experience, they don’t require me to send back anything, or fill out a stupid form, or even send a bunch of stupid pictures, because they actually trust and value customers like me, hell they even send me every year on my birthday a $10 credit voucher, so Motion you only really have one reason I will ever purchase anything from you, and that’s because you have a much larger selection of Jets, and internally Freewing is a better built Jet, but I have been seeing HH coming out with more and more Jets,
                That comment is contradictory to your post three days earlier about flying the L-39. You also indicate that you have an Avanti also ...……...I smell something fishy
                https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...360#post227360
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                    Just posted this in the Black Horse L-39 thread, very embarrassing, I'll try it here instead! I typically buy one airplane a year (you know- time, space, MONEY) and this Xmas was the L-39, which arrived Jan.31st. I've been taking advantage of the unusually mild weather (as my shop is poorly heated) to do the re-paint first, and here it is- sort of a Thai AF scheme. Graphics from Callie, of course, and my thanks to the person who first requested them. Planned are main gear doors, an opening front cockpit, and speedbrakes (going to steal Corsair Nut's T-33 design for the latter, lol). I ejected the kids from the cockpit with their little waving mittens and will be using a JHH 1/10 figure flying solo.
                    Tom
                    That looks awesome Tom! Great job. I had that paint scheme in mind, so I had Callie make them for me. I was hoping that she would make them available on her webpage. By the time I recieved the decals, I switched paint schemes all together (but not because I don't like the paint scheme or decals) and I never got to see someone complete that scheme. Now that I do, it looks great! The paint lines are clean and the camo. stands out well.

Comment

• Thanks T-Cat. Yes, I really like the scheme- should show well in the sky. Avanti on RCG has his jet on Callie's webpage with this livery I believe. Thank you for requesting the graphics!
                      Tom

Comment

• That should look awesome in the air!

Comment

• Hello there, does anyone have a matching paint code for camo scheme in Vallejo brand? My local Aussie hardware is hopeless ...:(

Comment

• I made wheel chocks for transporting or to use when setting your plane up on the tables at the field to prevent it from rolling off. I use velcro attached to the bottom of the wheel chock and then to indoor outdoor carpet in my trailer and the plane never moves. I also added tabs to screw them down if anyone prefers that method. I can print these for any plane as long as you provide the measurements. These are $17 shipped if you are interested just message me. I can also print other things if you need something.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Finally got out for a fly after a six month dry spell! First two flights of the day were on the L39. I remember why I love this jet so much! Such a great flying jet and great to get my thumbs back into the groove before getting my other jet into the air. Actually ended up putting 4 flights on it for the day and only stopped as the wind turned cross and picked up. Looking forward to getting up again very shortly!

Comment

• Today was finally the maiden flight for my L 39 camo version. When i arrived at the field there were 4 other people there but they were getting ready to leave. I usually fly gas warbirds but the guys i fly with all have edf jets now so i decided to get one. The takeoff roll was a little longer than what i am use to but there were no issues. I flew a total of 4 flights and no trim needed at all. This was the first plane i have ever had that needed no trim. I am using a Spektrum DX 9 and a Admiral 6ch RX with gyro. I always use Spektrum RX but i decided after reading this RX had a 4.8 out of 5 stars with over 350 reviews i gave it a shot. This plane flew so well i never even turned the gyro on. Landings are a little different from what i am use to with my gas warbirds but i had no issues. The L 39 is a great plane and i see why people enjoy edf jets but the short flight times and batteries may prevent me from buying multiple edf. If there was a 105mm A 10 and i could fly 7-10 min i may be tempted. This is a great plane though and nothing bad to say about it.

Comment

• It is a great flying jet indeed! Stable, precise, fast and very maneuverable. I did some FPV precision landing practice with a friend’s L-39 a few days ago. Loved it!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                  Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• It appears you are splicing two different flights. One without a camera and another with it external to the top of the canopy...

Comment

• True, the ground views are from a separate flight by another friend with regular canopy. I did not have someone film the FPV flight. Hard to coordinate everything all at once. I was too preoccupied just trying to complete the FPV flight safely - second flight on the L-39 ever, first was LOS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                                        True, the ground views are from a separate flight by another friend with regular canopy. I did not have someone film the FPV flight. Hard to coordinate everything all at once. I was too preoccupied just trying to complete the FPV flight safely - second flight on the L-39 ever, first was LOS.
                                        Great job, and thanks for sharing your video. I really like the L39 …. easy jet to fly and handles so nicely. I just purchased the new inrunner 80mm fan unit that is used on the L39 camo version. Looks like it will give even more power and performance than the original.

Rich

Comment

• The camo version flies awesome. It would be hard to see as a target though in air to air chase. After nailing down the landings. I went on to attempt chase/formation flight in the L-39 vs F-14. It was exhilarating and my fingers were shaking non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                                          X