Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi folks, I am pretty new to 3d printing and have been tryin in vain to print the files for the L39 cockpit upgrade.... :-( My printer (PRUSA 3) prints other files ok it just seems to be having an issue with these! Am I missing something or are other people having the same problems, or perhaps found a way to print these items successfully ? thanks a lot in advance

Ray

Comment

• Hi guys,

im getting the L39 delivered this week and have been reading through this thread. Lots of great info.
      Has anyone made the fuel tank pylons removable, as I would like the option to have the underneath of the wing smooth when flying but have the tanks mounted when in the pit area on display. I know the tanks come off and on, but has anyone devised a method to do the same on the tank pylons.
      Any info greatly received.

Not in a great hurry as it’s snowy and very windy here in Scotland for the next couple weeks!

Comment

• Originally posted by IanF View Post
        Hi guys,

im getting the L39 delivered this week and have been reading through this thread. Lots of great info.
        Has anyone made the fuel tank pylons removable, as I would like the option to have the underneath of the wing smooth when flying but have the tanks mounted when in the pit area on display. I know the tanks come off and on, but has anyone devised a method to do the same on the tank pylons.
        Any info greatly received.

Not in a great hurry as it’s snowy and very windy here in Scotland for the next couple weeks!
        Hi IanF, this might work perhaps. If you modify the pylons and the wing with such male/female attachments it will work. Often used on other Freewing planes to hold pylons or weapons/tanks. And it is easy to fix on foam! There are also some printable 3D ​​​parts at www.thingiverse.com if you have a 3d printer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	male female.png
Views:	1076
Size:	337.2 KB
ID:	237976
        Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for that. It looks promising. I’ve thought about magnets too, as I hope not to be flying with the tanks on. . The box arrived today. Ordered on Friday afternoon from the EU Warehouse in Holland and arrived Monday late morning in Aberdeen in NE Scotland. Great service from Motion RC and Fedex.👍

Just got to screw it together now.

Comment

• Ordering an L-39, no front wheel listed in spares, is it the same as the 50mm wheel on the T-33?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guipedroso View Post
              My bird is literally just waiting a proper weather to have the maiden.
              I have installed FPV on it, will use 2.4ghz video system, Vector OSD, Head tracking, TBS Crosffire, HD Camera (Runcam) and added the whistles into the EDF exhaust.
              3D printed the cockpit, is not as perfect as some i saw out there, but is ok.

Really excited to fly it soon!
              😁

omg, be carefull flying an edf with fpv, things happen real fast

Comment

• Originally posted by CapnKen View Post

omg, be carefull flying an edf with fpv, things happen real fast
                Yeah mate, I know, but nothing pays the adrenaline of flying it. I still have an old Albatros (from HobbyTopGun) I fly fpv… But the Freewing will be a huge upgrade in terms of performance...

Comment

• Originally posted by Guipedroso View Post

Yeah mate, I know, but nothing pays the adrenaline of flying it. I still have an old Albatros (from HobbyTopGun) I fly fpv… But the Freewing will be a huge upgrade in terms of performance...

Very cool video, looking forward to the L-39 video!

Comment

• I love mine, and I got wicked lucky the other day.

For some reason, the top of the vertical stab came off in flight, which exposed the top to the rudder to the airflow. The rudder started fluttering and in no time the pushrod departed the airplane

So I'm trying to land, in a crosswind with a rudder flopping around wondering what the hell happened. That plane is so good, that despite everything going wrong,

Ordered new stab and pushrod and she'll be back up in no time

Comment

• I fly a lot of thing FPV, a EDF is no more challenging than some other aircraft.

Comment

• There you go, the first flight

Comment

• Guipedroso Nice!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk from Texas!!! Good job Bro!! Jerry

Comment

• Did some FPV aerobatics with my L-39! What a flight, what a plane!
                            🔥🔥🔥

Comment

• LIVE from the St. George Utah 2020 Presidents Day fly in from MotionRC Customer Community on Facebook.

First tracks and a beautiful pinky sunrise demoing the new 80mm inrunner on the L-39.

Comment

• JLambCWU what a great airfield and a beautiful view as well. Nice flying....

Comment

• Hello, I am just joining this thread. I have had My Albatros for two weeks now and it has been frustrating. The model assembled very nicely and everything works great except for the retracts. All 3 retracts failed right out of the box. I tried to connect all 3 directly to the Spektrum receiver and also to a MaxPro servo tester. Nothing has worked. Martin at the MotionRC support has been very patient with all the emails I sent, thanks Martin. I finally sent all 3 retracts to Motion for testing. For them, the retracts worked fine, they even took a video so I could watch. When receiving them back, I tested them and all 3 failed to work. What am I missing?

Comment

• The gear have a very long delay make sure you let them cycle. Also there is a video from motion that showed a similar issue and it was an easy fix.

Comment

• Sometimes, what's "missing" is the most simple and obvious things. Without knowing and seeing exactly what you're doing, it may not be possible to tell you what's missing. First, you understand about "polarity", I assume. Plugging them into a "Y" or into a servo tester backwards won't make them work. Next, how are you powering the servo tester - type and size of battery, anything between the battery and the tester? As mentioned, there is a long delay after you throw the switch and also, some retracts need at least one cycle of the switch before they "wake up". There may be other things that you are doing or not doing that you may not consider important to mention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark_S View Post
                                        Hello, I am just joining this thread. I have had My Albatros for two weeks now and it has been frustrating. The model assembled very nicely and everything works great except for the retracts. All 3 retracts failed right out of the box. I tried to connect all 3 directly to the Spektrum receiver and also to a MaxPro servo tester. Nothing has worked. Martin at the MotionRC support has been very patient with all the emails I sent, thanks Martin. I finally sent all 3 retracts to Motion for testing. For them, the retracts worked fine, they even took a video so I could watch. When receiving them back, I tested them and all 3 failed to work. What am I missing?
                                        Can you supply us with more description of how you set it up and possibly a video and/or pictures of the connection points?

There are a lot of variables that could be causing the retracts not to function, so sifting through all that are possible could take awhile. Sometimes it's something obvious and sometimes it's not.

Comment

• Thanks everyone for your responses. The solution was a simple one discovered through your replies. I was testing the retracts with a fully charged 2-cell lipo that was putting out 8+ volts. That must be too much voltage for these retracts, maybe a safety feature built in. When I used the same battery but used the BEC from a brushless speed control, all 3 retracts worked. I did notice a delay and I bet when the retracts were in the jet and hooked to the receiver, I toggled the switch too fast for the retracts to wake up. I with test again after re-installed and powered through the BEC. Thanks again, and I have enjoyed reading and watch the videos on the posts.

Comment

Working...
                                          X