X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    It depends on the brand of LiPo. Most brands exaggerate the marked "C" rating, usually by twice what it actually is. My 50C GensAce will perform better than any of my 65-130C Graphenes. An EDF doesn't really need even 50C, but it's what the battery really gives that counts. If you put in a 70C Zippy that puts out only 30C, your jet is going perform like a wet noodle. Don't look at "pack specs". Go by proven tests. You can find them on the internet. From that, you'll know what you are getting.
    Thanks. The recommendation lipos on motion are out of stock. I was just trying to find something similar but not cheapest junk. Looks like some genace 5500s are available. Maybe I’ll get those. I’ve seen some similar spektrum packs too.

Comment

• GensAce are pricey but you get a lot for the money. Go by what others have experienced as being good. If in doubt, get as high a "C" rating as you can afford. It may not give you what the label says, but at least even if it gives you 1/2, you're likely going to make out fine. Also, the weigh can be a give away. You gotta question a high C battery that weighs next to nothing by comparison to other batteries.

Comment

• Yeah that’s another reason I mentioned I was looking at weights. It wasn’t just about pack weight in the plane. But also a way to tell what packs might be using exaggerated specs. High specs & little weight compared to other known good brands of same spec etc etc. I think we are on the same page. Thanks 4 the replies.

I’m going to order the camo version of this fine looking plane & the genace 5500 lipo. I liked the landing gear setup on this plane. It looks like a good one for my grass field at home.

Comment

• I run these in my Freewing 80mm EDF's ... Both have great punch

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-ec5-connector

Comment

• Just waiting on Callie Graphics and I'll maiden her tomorrow :)

Comment

• Good luck, JeremySean, let us know how it goes.

Comment

• what is the proper set-up for the freewing l-39 albatross?

Comment

• Using a dx9 transmitter and a admiral 6 channel receiver

Comment

• Did my maiden! She flew absolutely perfect. Make sure you guys listen to the book. I have a 103mm CG and I am using the 9 blade inrunner thats in the Freewing T-33..... Plane does well over 100mph.. Also, I used the 5800mah RT 35C and that worked liked a charm. I like to use high rates for elevator with 45% expo and I use low rates for ailerons with 40% expo... Rudder I always keep at high rates with 45% expo... I also used the recommended 1.0mm down for take off flaps and 1.5mm down for landing flaps and that worked just fine... I'm not a fan of when a plane balloons, never liked that, so much so that I use heavier batteries to avoid the plane ballooning. The most accidents I have seen besides a brown out is ballooning and over flares..

I only flew for 3 min just to make sure the motor isn't eating the battery alive and when I landed I had 69% left on the battery... so I think the best battery size for this bird is 5000mah-6000mah... it's not like its a high alpha jet anyways so mine as well go heavier..

Last thing, she will roll for weeks on landing so make sure you either have a lot of room or make sure to slow her down a little, she slows down very stable. When I put it in landing configuration, it took more aileron than usual to get her to turn for final approach so don't be scared of the flaps. Also on landing, you can dead stick this one.... discern your speed though.

Also for the neutral positions on the controls, I have everything lined up flat. No up, nor down on all control surfaces.

Comment

• Good to here that Jeremy, I like how you used the 45% expo . The battery was probably a little nose heavy, all in all it's a great plane may you have many more flights ahead of you

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        I'm reading about a few of you having issues with the blue box (MCB-E). In general, the problem occurs after connecting everything to the control box and putting the gear down and immediately noticing you can't steer the plane. The problem is the rudder and steering servo are out of sync.

The procedure to put them in sync is the following. Do this with the radio on and battery connected to the ESC of the plane (do not power down plane or radio during tests). For safety, use throttle lock on your radio.
                        1. Remove steering servo wire from the steering servo port on the MCB-E and connect the steering servo wire to the 2nd rudder port on the MCB-E.
                        2. Test steering and rudder. Everything should work.
                        3. Cycle gear up and down 2 – 3 times.
                        4. Put gear up one last time.
                        5. Reconnect steering servo to the steering servo port on MCB-E.
                        6. Test steering with gear up – rudder servo should work, steering servo should not move with the gear up.
                        7. Put gear down, steering servo should work.
                        Once they are in sync, they stay in sync. The MCB-E is designed to stop your nose gear steering when the gear is up. You don't want your nose gear banging from side to side in the plane when the gear is up every time you use the rudder.

I have this problem and tried this procedure several times with no success. I put a Y harness on the rudder and nose wheel steering and it works but of course the nose wheel turns with the gear up. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Wallace View Post

I have this problem and tried this procedure several times with no success. I put a Y harness on the rudder and nose wheel steering and it works but of course the nose wheel turns with the gear up. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron
                          My nose wheel servo turns with the nose wheel up and I am using the Blueboc... if you look at the linkage the nose wheel servo, the actual wheel does not move, only when it's down. Just leave it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySean View Post

My nose wheel servo turns with the nose wheel up and I am using the Blueboc... if you look at the linkage the nose wheel servo, the actual wheel does not move, only when it's down. Just leave it.

Thanks. Its not the way its supposed to be but it works. When I have the nose wheel steering in the blue box the servo does not move with the gear up. But, again it works. I hope to get a chance to fly it soon.

Comment

Thanks. Its not the way its supposed to be but it works. When I have the nose wheel steering in the blue box the servo does not move with the gear up. But, again it works. I hope to get a chance to fly it soon.
                              I thought so, too, but after checking, it seems all my Freewing jets with a blue box does this. The servo moves but the wheel doesn't due to that "slider".

Comment

• Ladies and gentlemen

I have my second l 39 my first served well for many many flights till I wrecked it on a landing had the wrong glasses on and kinda came up short it still flew well but I retired the airframe

Please forgive me I know this sounds crazy but on my first I just dumped battery's in it and it flew great

I never even checked the cg

I know I know on this one I'm being more vigilant and using the recommended 103

To get that I have a six thousand admiral all the way back a five thousand almost all the way back and four thousands about a third back

To get 103 I got a feeling I was flying way nose heavy before but never had an issue

Does this sound right to you

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  I thought so, too, but after checking, it seems all my Freewing jets with a blue box does this. The servo moves but the wheel doesn't due to that "slider".

Ok. I see the slider function that you are talking about. But when I had the nose wheel steering plugged into the blue box the servo did not move with the gear up. I have seen the slider on other planes. Im thinking that Freewing just added that function to the blue box and that the slider was already there from previous designs. I could be wrong. This is my first freewing plane.

Comment

• I think sometimes, there's some "voodoo" with those blue boxes.

Comment

Ok. I see the slider function that you are talking about. But when I had the nose wheel steering plugged into the blue box the servo did not move with the gear up. I have seen the slider on other planes. Im thinking that Freewing just added that function to the blue box and that the slider was already there from previous designs. I could be wrong. This is my first freewing plane.

Comment

• Has anyone had the issue on the elevator hinge where cracks are beginning to separate the foam from the horizontal stabilizer and the elevator?

Comment

• Originally posted by p3arljam View Post
                                          Has anyone had the issue on the elevator hinge where cracks are beginning to separate the foam from the horizontal stabilizer and the elevator?
                                          Not so much an "issue" but yes, there are cracks forming. I'm not concerned as there are 2 proper hinges per side anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                          X