First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having fun as usual :)

Comment

• This is the pinnacle of the hobby!

(At least until I get into dogfighting, lol)

Comment

• So cool Airguardian I am curious if its possible and if you think it would help to have a switch for more expo while flying in close proximity? That seems to be the hurdle of formation flight, getting close and staying close.

Comment

• I have three flight modes with different rates and expo on this jet, thought precisely to be able to make formation flight with more precission... that said, the flights shown here were conducted entirely on my typical acro setting with the highest rates.

Extra expo and limited throws do help in formation flying, that much is obvious and I have practical experience with it.
          But most important of all is to make sure that both jets track as straight as possible, which is a combination of aircraft setup, weather conditions and pilot skill. ;)

Gyro stabilization would help too... will get there eventually!
          Haven't yet properly tuned the settings of my FC to use stabilization the way it is meant to be used.
          (So I am flying unstabilized so far).

Comment

• A small daydream on my part:
            I've heard about but have not seen quadcopter drones 'synched' up to fly patterns together. I have to imagine, an engineer will/can develop some sort of proximity lock on device that would enable formation flight. With an active lead and a temporarily passive wingman. And then disengage as needed. There must be a way to do this, maybe it's not possible or available in the market at the moment or cost prohibitive for hobbyists. It's something I've thought about a few times, so perhaps someday.

Either way, your video/flying is very cool! It looks super fun.

What is the FPV system you are using? The Hud display looks great! Is it a Matek system?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
              A small daydream on my part: [...]

Either way, your video/flying is very cool! It looks super fun.
              Thanks!

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
              I've heard about but have not seen quadcopter drones 'synched' up to fly patterns together. I have to imagine, an engineer will/can develop some sort of proximity lock on device that would enable formation flight. With an active lead and a temporarily passive wingman. And then disengage as needed. There must be a way to do this, maybe it's not possible or available in the market at the moment or cost prohibitive for hobbyists. It's something I've thought about a few times, so perhaps someday.
              Or... you can hone your skills and have another very skilled pilot-buddy get to chase you with a quad!

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
              What is the FPV system you are using? The Hud display looks great! Is it a Matek system?
              That's the Feiyutech FY-41AP but would probably not recommend it. Lots of issues with PC programing and ground station software not launching, amp gauge capped to 40 useless amps, not customizable looks, AHI is poor... but works fantastic for the rest as an OSD. Haven't tried much the stab functions yet.

Comment

• Hands on transmitter 'split screen' footage :)

These were FPV flights but forgot to turn on the DVR (except for the 3rd flight), silly me.

Comment

• Hello to all! I bought one of those beauty some 3 months ago and I would like to thank you Airguardian, during the delivery time I watched a lot your video on how to improve that beast and tried to follow your advices the best I can. Didn't allowed me not to crash her twice at firsts try but she's still flying great now!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingFighter View Post
                    Hello to all! I bought one of those beauties 3 months ago...
                    FF, great repaint, Sir. She is definitely a beauty. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingFighter View Post
                      Hello to all! I bought one of those beauty some 3 months ago and I would like to thank you Airguardian, during the delivery time I watched a lot your video on how to improve that beast and tried to follow your advices the best I can. Didn't allowed me not to crash her twice at firsts try but she's still flying great now!
                      I crashed a few by stalling on takeoff too. Same exact break points. A little balsa filler, clear coat, and paint will get it back to new.
                      I now use larger packs and turned down the rates for takeoff. Problem solved

Comment

• Slow-mo version of the previous video:

Originally posted by FlyingFighter View Post
                        Hello to all! I bought one of those beauty some 3 months ago and I would like to thank you Airguardian, during the delivery time I watched a lot your video on how to improve that beast and tried to follow your advices the best I can. Didn't allowed me not to crash her twice at firsts try but she's still flying great now!
                        Ouch... what happened? :o

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I crashed a few by stalling on takeoff too. Same exact break points. A little balsa filler, clear coat, and paint will get it back to new.
                          I now use larger packs and turned down the rates for takeoff. Problem solved
                          Mine crashed because of wrong reception battery pack, it was too small to feed all the servos and it led to a rx brown out causing my plane to crash, motion rc helped me to find that problem and told me to use more capacity for rx battery, I now use a bigger 2s pack to feed the receiver using the 6s pack only for EDFs, following Airguardian advice. I lost my brand Arrows mig 29 cause of brown out on the third flight don't know why exactly as I used the recommanded battery spec and known receiver. I bought the sukhoi to replace that fulcrum and I was so afraid to loose her the same way, hoppefuly thanks to Guardian I'll be able to fly the majestic flanker for a long time!
                          Here are some post crash picture. I also had the main gear cutted in half, I had to temporarily adapt my fulcrum ones waiting for original replacement.

Comment

• That's a pitty... what battery size (cells, capacity)were you using for the Rx pack, if I may ask?

Hope your next jet is free from these problems! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                              That's a pitty... what battery size (cells, capacity)were you using for the Rx pack, if I may ask?

Hope your next jet is free from these problems! :)
                              Currently I'm far away from my rc equipment and planes but if I remember well I used a 2s 600mah 30C at first. Motion support said to me that it could deliver only 18000 Amp max and it's not enough for such a big a model with all thoses servos operating at the same time. So they told me to increase the capacity and would not have such failure. Now I use a 1600mah 25C 2s, delivering 40000 Amp and did not have any brown out

Comment

• Your batteries were probably not very good. I use 2S 610mAh on my jets and have no issues.
                                That said, I typically only pull 2 flights out of each before replacing, 3 at most.
                                What brand were you using?
                                Their 'C' labeling was probably fiction and that's why you had problems.

Comment

• Su-35 like you've never seen before!

Comment

Your batteries were probably not very good. I use 2S 610mAh on my jets and have no issues.
                                    That said, I typically only pull 2 flights out of each before replacing, 3 at most.
                                    What brand were you using?
                                    Their 'C' labeling was probably fiction and that's why you had problems.
                                    I used admiral pack from motion rc. Actually still using admiral ones for the bigger pack. I use one pack for two flight for safety, never goes under 50%
                                    Also I use a satellite rx with the admiral rx1000 dsmx receiver.

Comment

• Some more Sukhoi action :)

Comment

• Can we register Supermaneuverability as a religion already?

Comment

Can we register Supermaneuverability as a religion already?

No-wonder this plane lives on in Freewing's inventory after so many more recent ones have been retired.

Mine is nearly 5 years old now and still my favorite.

Comment

Working...
                                          X