Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV is nothing to be scared of. Some people leave it on all the time.

I have mixes on the ailerons and the elevators such that when flaps are selected, either half or full, the ailerons stop working and become flaps while the elevators become tailerons. It's automatic when I flip the flap switch. I also use a 3 second slowdown on those mixes. So it blends in smoothly.
    The TV is currently on a switch. But I may just leave it on all the time. I do run some expo on the TV as well as all the flight controls.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
      TV is nothing to be scared of. Some people leave it on all the time.

I am one of those people.

Comment

• Well, I had a bit of a sour experience on my maiden flight.

2 minutes into the flight, I was on the base turn to final when the plane would not respond to any controls and it went in hard.

Lost the plane, battery crushed, and damaged the Eagle A3 and Receiver/satellite.

Fist time using an admiral receiver in my plane. Range check was ok and all pre-flight checks were good. I flew my FW F-16 before this maiden as well as after the maiden without issues.

a pretty demoralizing ~$600 mishap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
          Well, I had a bit of a sour experience on my maiden flight.

2 minutes into the flight, I was on the base turn to final when the plane would not respond to any controls and it went in hard.

Lost the plane, battery crushed, and damaged the Eagle A3 and Receiver/satellite.

Fist time using an admiral receiver in my plane. Range check was ok and all pre-flight checks were good. I flew my FW F-16 before this maiden as well as after the maiden without issues.

Oh No!!!!
          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Well, I had a bit of a sour experience on my maiden flight.

Ouch, very sorry to hear.
            I read about similar problems on the T33 thread....some suspect stabilization systems causing current spikes, and associated voltage dips, causing receivers to shutdown. Adding a capacitor could help here.

Comment

• There was a capacitor connected to the receiver. It was a fairly calm day as well, so dont think the gyro was being worked very much

Comment

• Admiral rx lost 3 of my planes 1500$ gone in seconds with them. I’ll never use them again. Pure junk!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrthog View Post
                  Admiral rx lost 3 of my planes 1500$ gone in seconds with them. I’ll never use them again. Pure junk!
                  Well, coincidence or not, a guy at my club lost a brand new plane on the maiden flight, when after a couple of minutes his Admiral receiver just seemed to have quit, and it went in hard....total loss...
                  It's a very experienced and good pilot, not one that shouts "brown out" after a piloting error. The model was flying straight and level, then suddenly turned sharply and went straight into the ground.

Comment

• No coincidence, any newer radio my dx8 for instance will bind but can’t walk 15 feet without it freaking out!, dx9 ,12,20 doesn’t matter we tried everything at our field after I lost 3 planes with DSMX radios and admiral dsm2 6channel, and 2 10 channel with sats! Dsm2 rx do not communicate with new radios . Called motion they said never had an issue, called spektrum and was told not to us DSM2 with X radio. We actually had a board meeting at club after so many ama forms were being filed out for brownouts and crashes because of this issue .

Comment

• Originally posted by HangarQueen View Post

. The model was flying straight and level, then suddenly turned sharply and went straight into the ground.
                      To the Lt right?
                      AMA 424553

Comment

• My Su35 have been ready a while, waiting for my pilot skills to evolve. I'm starting to feel confident enough to prepare for maiden flight. So I have a few practical questions: What kind of throws do you guys fly? I have them set at low, mid and high. In high setting I also have programmed in tailerons, not sure if that is a good idea though, no flaperons.
                        My TV is off/low/high with the rudder-TV coming off with the gear down.

I have looked through the thread awhile ago and probably missed comments about throws, the elevator movement is massive!

So how large % throws and expo do you use?

Thanks!
                        /Tobias

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

To the Lt right?
                          No idea, I wasn't there when it happened.
                          All I know is that he wasn't happy about it, he threw the receiver away.

Comment

• TangoVector the below video the the most recommended on rcgroups. throws, CG, etc are listed in the video description.

Comment

• Hey, hi!
                              Su-4ever from RCG here!

I finally decided to open a Hobbysquawk account after watching a few streams by Alpha on twitch/discord so thought I'd drop by around here too to chime in...
                              ...and there's my build video! Hahaha! Thanks for sharing Dee!

If anyone has any questions or doubts about my setup, I will be happy to help!

Notice there are some mistakes on the video and info I added later so better read the pinned comment and video description to get it all, corrections included!

And since we're at it, here's a couple of my personal favourite videos on the Su-35:

Air-to-air FPV filmed post-stall aerobatics (Chased with a quadcopter by a friend):

FPV sortie in split screen:

FPV Formation flying with a 3D printed P-38

And lastly, some more 'raw' extreme-aerobatic flying (slow-mo and music edited though):

Hopefully will get similar videos with the new MiG-29 once it gets here!

Cheers all!
                              Jandro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrthog View Post
                                No coincidence, any newer radio my dx8 for instance will bind but can’t walk 15 feet without it freaking out!, dx9 ,12,20 doesn’t matter we tried everything at our field after I lost 3 planes with DSMX radios and admiral dsm2 6channel, and 2 10 channel with sats! Dsm2 rx do not communicate with new radios . Called motion they said never had an issue, called spektrum and was told not to us DSM2 with X radio. We actually had a board meeting at club after so many ama forms were being filed out for brownouts and crashes because of this issue .
                                Wow! this is very concerning. I just finished assembling my SU-35 and was planning to use Admiral RX1000 10-Channel with Eagle A3 Super 3 V2. I have a DX8 G2 and iX12. After reading a few post on Admiral RX problems, I am not sure if that's a good idea. Spektrum 9-CH RX are on back order. I have several Spektrum AR636 I could use. What is the minimum CH required for SU-35?

Is anyone else using Spektrum TX with Admiral RX on SU-35?

Comment

• I finished assembling a new SU-35 with the 10-ch Admiral/satellite with the Eagle A3 Pro. Fingers crossed for a successful re-maiden this week hopefully. I'm using a DX9

Comment

I finished assembling a new SU-35 with the 10-ch Admiral/satellite with the Eagle A3 Pro. Fingers crossed for a successful re-maiden this week hopefully. I'm using a DX9
                                    DD, I wish you a Good Flight and I'll 'throw a nickel on the grass' for good measure. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by N4Speed View Post

I used a Dx9 and an iX12 with a lemon gyro on my SU-35. Lemon and Admiral come out of the same factory. No issues at all with any of the Lemon or Admiral RX/Gyros I've used over the years.

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

DD, I wish you a Good Flight and I'll 'throw a nickel on the grass' for good measure. Best, LB

Better not do that. That's FOD just waiting to get sucked up into the intakes. 😁

Comment

I finished assembling a new SU-35 with the 10-ch Admiral/satellite with the Eagle A3 Pro. Fingers crossed for a successful re-maiden this week hopefully. I'm using a DX9
                                        Thanks! I look forward to your feedback.

Originally posted by Suko View Post

I used a Dx9 and an iX12 with a lemon gyro on my SU-35. Lemon and Admiral come out of the same factory. No issues at all with any of the Lemon or Admiral RX/Gyros I've used over the years.
                                        Thanks! I guess there are many factors involved in a brown out/crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by N4Speed View Post

Wow! this is very concerning. I just finished assembling my SU-35 and was planning to use Admiral RX1000 10-Channel with Eagle A3 Super 3 V2. I have a DX8 G2 and iX12. After reading a few post on Admiral RX problems, I am not sure if that's a good idea. Spektrum 9-CH RX are on back order. I have several Spektrum AR636 I could use. What is the minimum CH required for SU-35?

I've used Lemon 10-ch RXs for several years. Both have had the corresponding satellite RX. Of note: The first gen of Lemon 10-ch were DSM2 and even with the sat, it was not consistently reliable. The later ones that came as DSMX with DSMX satellite have been problem free. Also, don't mix a DSMX RX with a DSM2 sat. That's just asking for big trouble. Even though the newer "diversity" antennas claim to not need a satellite, I like the assurance of having one anyway.
                                          As for minimum # of channels needed for this plane if you want the TV ........................... 1. Throttle; 2. AIL; 3. ELE; 4. RUD; 5. Gear; 6. left TV nozzle; 7. right TV nozzle. Now, if you want to separate the ailerons, then you need another channel. If you want tailerons, you can easily "Y" left elevator to left TV and "Y" right elevator to right TV and can eliminate one channel. You can go more complexity if you want to be able to put the TV nozzles on a switch and isolate the elevators from those, then that changes the equation.
                                          If you don't want the TV in play, this becomes a fairly simple 5-channel plane.

Comment

Working...
                                          X