• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TangoVector View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2CE57408-C790-4379-9CC4-02C3E53E35D6.jpeg
Views:	648
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	315600 It ain’t gonna be pretty…
    I have the same fans and servos and they both work fine. I fly off grass and have slightly bigger mains wheels but with upgraded oleos. Good luck with fitting the big wheel without a bit of re sculpturing or catching the doors or door servos on opening. I gave up on the doors and added small ventrals and landing lights to hide the line of the hole left.

Name:	IMG_20210611_000246_2CS[1].jpg
Views:	475
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	315607Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210611_000259_3CS[1].jpg
Views:	464
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	315608

Name:	SU35 landing gear view.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	315606

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

I have the same fans and servos and they both work fine. I fly off grass and have slightly bigger mains wheels but with upgraded oleos. Good luck with fitting the big wheel without a bit of re sculpturing or catching the doors or door servos on opening. I gave up on the doors and added small ventrals and landing lights to hide the line of the hole left.

Name:	IMG_20210611_000246_2CS[1].jpg
Views:	475
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	315607Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210611_000259_3CS[1].jpg
Views:	464
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	315608

Name:	SU35 landing gear view.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	315606
      Is that nose wheel strut from a Freewing F -22 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by aamz13 View Post

Originally posted by TangoVector View Post
        All that is left now is the nose-gear changed to Avanti version. Not scale but I prefer good grass capability since the grass is a little tall at the club sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by aamz13 View Post

no, its from Hobbyking, as are the mains struts( 60 to 90 size with adjusted spring strength). I replaced the normal brace and slider on the nose wheel with 8mmsq hollow cf burried in the fuselage acting as a body reinforcement and backstop to the nose leg when the gear is down along with a ply slotted nose guide hidden. by the gear doors which are now glued in. There are also backstops to the mains in ply wedges. The nose gear gives me a nice slightly upward angle of attack for take off.

Comment

• Has anybody tried the new high speed version?

Comment

• Originally posted by haljennings View Post
              Has anybody tried the new high speed version?
              I am wrapping up my F-22 this week . the Outgoing SU-35 or the mirage 2000 will be next.
              I am tempted to go for the new inrunners and use the 80A HOBBYWING ESC's I have. I do not remember if the outgoing version has 80A ESCs or 65 as the sight says.
              Not I feel the new high performance model justifies the price update in the SU. I got mine in April did not get a chance to put it together yet. I like the overall offering of the new HP Version

Comment

• That's going to be a great upgrade for this model!

Comment

• I called Motion and they said the new version came with twin 100 amp esc's.

Comment

• Awesome, this is great news!

Comment

• Those square loops came out tidy!

Comment

• Hey guys, I’m looking at getting a new EDF war bird and I’m deciding between this, the free wing F-14, or the E-flite Su-30. Does anyone have any recommendations on why one is better than the other? This one is cool because of thrust vectoring, but is made from EPS foam which slightly concerns me.

Comment

• If you crash them all will turn into pieces.
                          Being EPS means you get a lighter frame that performs much better.

Plus, the thrust vectoring (and the stock Su-35 now ships with a better powerplant apparently).

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                            If you crash them all will turn into pieces.
                            Being EPS means you get a lighter frame that performs much better.

Plus, the thrust vectoring (and the stock Su-35 now ships with a better powerplant apparently).
                            fair enough lol. How about the performance between them? Are there any major differences?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewF View Post
                              fair enough lol. How about the performance between them? Are there any major differences?
                              Take a look at the weights and draw your own conclusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Take a look at the weights and draw your own conclusions.
                                Except weight isn’t the only factor.

Comment

• When one weighs 2600g and the other two are well over 4000g (4200g - 4400g) and you’re talking performance, yeah, weight is pretty much the only factor. The SU-30 and F-14 both fly HEAVY, no two ways about it. The SU-35 will fly rings around the other two. It’s also the cheapest. Don’t like the foam? Well, it’s light for a reason.

Comment

Except weight isn’t the only factor.
                                    YOU asked if there are any "major differences".

Weight IS the major difference.

Comment

I’m deciding between this, the free wing F-14, or the E-flite Su-30.
                                      Asking about the Su-30 in the Su-35 thread confuses folks. I fly an Su-30 and it's a dog in stock condition out of the box. I've mod'ed mine so that it flys very nice. It's a heavy beast....mine is 11 lbs now!.

Comment

• So you're saying the Su30 and F14 would be faster in a dive then?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                          So you're saying the Su30 and F14 would be faster in a dive then?
                                          As would be a cannonball.

Comment

Working...
                                          X