X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    A gyro. They come in the F-104. Motion sells them. I like them since they are all manual (no computer) and have two aileron, elevator and rudder outputs.

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...tabilizer-gyro
    I just installed one of those in my FMS Fox Glider. My SebArt Mig 29 came with 2 of them but I replaced one with a HobbyEagle because I couldn't get the Freewing gyro to operate in elevon mode for the vector nozzles. In the Fox Glider, it was so simple to install, as was the tuning - just a bunch of toggle switches for direction and one gain pot for each control surface and a simple ON/OFF tied to any 2-way switch on the TX and even a light to show you when it's on.

Comment

• All i do know is that i have flown a 6s f15 and then upgraded to 8s and the vertical was realistic. The only 90mm that i was comfortable with on 6s was the stinger 90.

Comment

• In my opinion the F-15 and F-16 (90mm) were/are the worst FW jets. Very heavy and underpowered.

Comment

In my opinion the F-15 and F-16 (90mm) were/are the worst FW jets. Very heavy and underpowered.
          Don't forget the 90mm Yak 130. The stock one could barely fly out of its own shadow. On one occasion, it looked like the shadow was winning.

Comment

In my opinion the F-15 and F-16 (90mm) were/are the worst FW jets. Very heavy and underpowered.
            I have heard from quite a few that the high performance (inrunner) version of the F15 is great. Was your experience with the outrunner one?

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• Both the F-15 and F-16 are heavy jets that demand an inrunner to have an appropriate thrust to weight performance ratio. I had the 6S of both when they first came out...The F-15 was a good flyer but could have used more "ooomph" where as the F-16 was just a flat out dog.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Jameson, what Aros said. On a hot inrunner the F-16 was still barely acceptable to me and I sold it. The F-15 went 8S and is okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I have heard from quite a few that the high performance (inrunner) version of the F15 is great. Was your experience with the outrunner one?

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ce-edf-jet-pnp
                  I've flown the High-Performance F-15 and it was great compared to what I heard of the original set-up. It's not as punchy as the F-22 or new F-18 of course due to all the extra weight with the scale details, but much, much better. Patrick did a new flight review for it here:

She runs great on that set-up.

Comment

• There's a major difference in these 80/90mm jets in most recent years versus just a few years or more ago in weight. I can't get over how light the F-22, F-4 and other New Gen jets of ours are, even AUW, compared to what we were releasing just a few years ago. It's a significant difference. Whatever Freewing and Alpha are cooking in the laboratory keep it up!

Now having said that, I personally DO love all the added scale details. I realize they can add up as a weight penalty but as per the inrunner thread, I am all for making the inrunner the default motors in the larger EDFs which could bridge the gap for any extra expense in weight. For instance I would have loved to see the airbrake on the F/A-18C like the F-15 has because it's just so damn cool looking! Add in an inrunner and hot momma!!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• When the F-15 came out we had the Stinger 90, the 90mm F-18 and Eurofighter and the 80mm Mirage and F-5. All had great power to weight. Then the F-16 and F-15. We didn't have great set ups then. The best Freewing had was the 4074-1700kv (which was great but sucked the battery dry fast). Maybe if I revisited them I would be happier now that I have extra 8S Jet Fan set ups... but why do it since the newer 90mm planes are so much better? If I remember the battery compartments were also lacking in space for bigger batteries too...

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

I've flown the High-Performance F-15 and it was great compared to what I heard of the original set-up. It's not as punchy as the F-22 or new F-18 of course due to all the extra weight with the scale details, but much, much better. Patrick did a new flight review for it here:

She runs great on that set-up.
                        Don't be afraid to pop the speed brake out, it doesn't really do much, I pop mine up on the dowwind leg and leave it up all the way to the landing, or usually I just pop it up right when I touch down, it is a cool factor. I don't agree with them being dogs, maybe stock but I have the new 1835kv units in my F-15 and F-16, they are heavy but fly really scale which is what I like, heavy iron.:Cool:
                        ​​

Comment

• Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
                          Ok so i ordered 2 8s versions (just for good measure lol) and im hearing some guys loosing complete power with no control upon dropping the landing gear and or flaps.

Is there a weak link somewhere on this bird i should know about?

Some have reported the blue box failing on rudder/steering. I bypassed my blue box for all control surfaces and steering. Please if anyone knows of any issue this plane may have do let me know.

Chris
                          In my opinion , that has to be the crappy bec that comes with the model not supplying enough power. The stock bec wires are like 22 gauge. First thing i did was cut mine out and replaced it with a castle pro 20 bec. Programmable, 16 gauge wire(s) yes, two supply wires to the receiver and a metal heat sink. Seems like a no brainer.

Comment

• Im at the last step before i maiden. (Thanks to some help from c17loadmaster along the way)

im going to CG airplane tomorrow. Anyone know anything interesting about balancing an 8s setup?

Does 8s naturally make it more nose heavy?

is the position in the manual accurate?

did u balance with gear up or down?

thanks!! I cant wait to fly her!!

Comment

• I also did this

metal washer under the screw and over the plastic.(so the clevis cant pop off the ball and fuel tubing over the plastic clip for good measure
                              Attached Files

Comment

• The added safety of the washers and fuel tube are excellent ideas.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• My 2x 4s 6000s pushed all the way back balanced at manual spec.

Im gonna swap to some castle bec's.

The F16 is super heavy but weight makes a jet fly more realistic however it kinda sucks because it requires wot 98% of the flight to stay airborne.

ok so in a span of 2 weeks and 4 days i have built the following.

- FW F22 8s
                                  -FW yak 130 8s (so darn heavy im not sure about her)
                                  -FL 1600 spitfire
                                  -FL 1600 corsair
                                  -FMS bf-109
                                  -FW L-39 (new paint scheme)

I have had fedex trucks visit my residence so much lately i wonder what my neighbors think.

Freewing im requesting a rafale 80mm or 90mm. :Cool:

Comment

• You've assembled... :)

You'll like the 8S F-22, it's a good combo. The big Yak actually isn't bad on 8S, on 6 it's pretty bad. You'll like both the FL 1600 planes, they are great.

I am in the minority that I like the red, white and blue L-39 better. It's an awesome plane.

Ooh, the BF... flies good but that gear is just bad in so many ways.

Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
                                    My 2x 4s 6000s pushed all the way back balanced at manual spec.

Im gonna swap to some castle bec's.

The F16 is super heavy but weight makes a jet fly more realistic however it kinda sucks because it requires wot 98% of the flight to stay airborne.

ok so in a span of 2 weeks and 4 days i have built the following.

- FW F22 8s
                                    -FW yak 130 8s (so darn heavy im not sure about her)
                                    -FL 1600 spitfire
                                    -FL 1600 corsair
                                    -FMS bf-109
                                    -FW L-39 (new paint scheme)

I have had fedex trucks visit my residence so much lately i wonder what my neighbors think.

Freewing im requesting a rafale 80mm or 90mm. :Cool:

Comment

• I heard about the gear on the bf. Its a certain skill to land her lol

Oh and i have a spare raptor 8s in the box lol:)

Comment

• Anyone replace the elevator servos and if so what servos did you use? I can’t seem to get this bird dialed in. The first few flights were great but now she doesn’t want to stay stable. On the ground the servos work fine but I did notice the elevator servos a bit notchy and not smooth.

Comment

• Sorry man, I haven't seen that issue with mine?
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X