Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the girl out yesterday. Lawdy! What a jet.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by rcfun View Post
      "Crewzinn" sorry to see ,,, looks like covid has them out of stock and probably shut down ...

any other thoughts on another brand? thanks

I have a Crewzinn too, and like it, especially since it has a CG machine built in. But to be honest, I use my Ernst Ultra Stand more. And it's a lot cheaper too.

https://www.amazon.com/Ernst-Manufac.../dp/B011IP3RXM
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by rcfun View Post
        I realized no stand is a pain ,,,

1_time to get a typical stand to work on F-22 -- seen any good ones to work at the shop and at the flying field ?

2_also i think i saw a partial pic on hobbysquawk of a floor standing stand that you did not need a table to set stand on while in shop , but only caught corner of picture so not sure, was i seeing things or is a floor shop stand avail to work on rc planes ?

thanks !!
        Have you considered making your own stand out of PVC piping. Usually the 1/2" diameter is more than enough for stability. You can custom design it to the shape you want. For the planes you want it to hold, and for minimal cost. Perform some measurements, cut the pieces to the desired size, test fit them before using the PVC glue, and once happy, carefully glue it together. Add some piping insulation for cushion where the plane will sit, or some pool noodles cut to size, and you're good to go. Chances are that you can get the project done before a manufactured stand is ordered and delivered to you. Also, some PVC pipe cutter pliers are worth purchasing in my opinion. That makes the job much easier and quicker.

Comment

• Just a quick question, got my raptor today and it has tiny holes on the top of the wing, they don’t look accidental, kind of like a molding mark. Never had that on other freewing planes? Is this normal for the F22??
          Attached Files

Comment

• Yes normal...

Comment

• Thanks Evan.
              Really looking forward to flying this one. Everything arrived immaculate and as usual Motion has done a great job. So nice when you don’t have to play the condition of arrival lottery!!
              Getting it setup in the evenings and hopefully maiden on the weekend.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Good Morning Guys,

Can i see some install photos of your A3-L and RX1000 please?

I'm after some inspiration.

Cheers,

Phil.

Comment

• I have a JF installed and just swapped the 1500kv for the 1680kv. Looking forward to seeing the difference. Oh, I only ran the 1500 on 8S.

Comment

• Hi guys, i'm after some help and advice from all that have flown the raptor. I set every thing up by the book - throws and CG - wind was around 15mph gusting up to 20mph Maiden was ok at best the throws on the ailerons were a little high for my liking but it was flying relatively nicely. The landing was a little hot but that's typical of nearly any new plane until I get settled in. The following day I went out again for more flights. The wind had picked up to around 20mph gusting to 25mph. Take offs are lovely and smooth but the rest of the flights never felt locked in and I never got comfortable with the plane. I flew twice and was glad to get the jet down without crashing.
                    I was expecting this to be an absolute diamond from the reviews and praise on here. I thought it would handle the wind better but it just didn't feel nice. For comparison I flew my eFlite 70mm F16 and that was fine in the wind conditions??
                    My CG is set at 150mm, throws as manual except ailerons which i've almost halved. Battery is a 5300 optipower which weighs in at 845g
                    I just wonder if this is sensitive to windy conditions because of it profile, almost flat with big tails??
                    I want to try it again in calm winds but sometimes you just got to fly in windy conditions or you never fly at all!!

Comment

• I just ordered my F22 this weekend. Can't wait to get it. This is my first 90mm!

Comment

• I also ordered a F-22 (the 8S PNP specifically, since I already have many 6S and 2S packs for a series connection) recently. I'm looking forward to getting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
                          I just ordered my F22 this weekend. Can't wait to get it. This is my first 90mm!
                          Forgot to mention I only ordered the 6S version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post
                            Hi guys, i'm after some help and advice from all that have flown the raptor. I set every thing up by the book - throws and CG - wind was around 15mph gusting up to 20mph Maiden was ok at best the throws on the ailerons were a little high for my liking but it was flying relatively nicely. The landing was a little hot but that's typical of nearly any new plane until I get settled in. The following day I went out again for more flights. The wind had picked up to around 20mph gusting to 25mph. Take offs are lovely and smooth but the rest of the flights never felt locked in and I never got comfortable with the plane. I flew twice and was glad to get the jet down without crashing.
                            I was expecting this to be an absolute diamond from the reviews and praise on here. I thought it would handle the wind better but it just didn't feel nice. For comparison I flew my eFlite 70mm F16 and that was fine in the wind conditions??
                            My CG is set at 150mm, throws as manual except ailerons which i've almost halved. Battery is a 5300 optipower which weighs in at 845g
                            I just wonder if this is sensitive to windy conditions because of it profile, almost flat with big tails??
                            I want to try it again in calm winds but sometimes you just got to fly in windy conditions or you never fly at all!!

Comment

• That's too much wind for a foamie. I fly in 10 to 15 mph max and dont have the problems you have

Comment

• I think your expecting too much from the design. It is a draggy airframe to begin with. The wide body lifting fuse can be both a blessing as well as hinderance in gusty conditions. The large vertical stabs don't help much either. I don't know if you have a gyro but it will do wonders in the wind that you are flying in. Consider these models an engineering and design masterpiece. I am very uncomfortable flying a full size 150 /72 in those gusty wind conditions.

dw

Comment

• If I had to wait for 10mph or less there would have been many times and places I couldn’t fly. I lived on a lot of islands where 20mph was a great day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
                                    I just ordered my F22 this weekend. Can't wait to get it. This is my first 90mm!
                                    You're gonna LOVE her. I have the 6S as well and she's brilliant.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post
                                      Hi guys, i'm after some help and advice from all that have flown the raptor. I set every thing up by the book - throws and CG - wind was around 15mph gusting up to 20mph Maiden was ok at best the throws on the ailerons were a little high for my liking but it was flying relatively nicely. The landing was a little hot but that's typical of nearly any new plane until I get settled in. The following day I went out again for more flights. The wind had picked up to around 20mph gusting to 25mph. Take offs are lovely and smooth but the rest of the flights never felt locked in and I never got comfortable with the plane. I flew twice and was glad to get the jet down without crashing.

I’ll fly in that much wind and more, but I usually move the battery forward a half inch to an inch. More forward CG will be more stable in the wind. Had my Venom V2 out in some heavy gusts today and it was a riot.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        Most of what you're seeing on Facebook is a kit that was put together by Jeremy Solt and Tom Mansell. They've created some 3D printed pockets for the lights, and are using lime green LEDs. I got a kit from them and will be putting them in my new F-22.
                                        crxmanpat, how do you go about getting one of those slim light kits?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post

crxmanpat, how do you go about getting one of those slim light kits?
                                          I chatted with Jeremy the other day on FB about his kits. He said his 3D printer is down and he's not sure when it will be fixed.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X