Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new f22 i got last week. Lost in the sun.

Comment

• Sorry about that.. where you taking off or landing? Going to replace it?

Comment

• Oh man, sorry about that. This is my number 1 reason for having SAFE or self-leveling on my receivers. This and losing orientation has saved my planes about 7 or 8 times!

Comment

• Sorry to see that. Looks oddly familiar. My first one met a light pole at speed. Weeee!!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Taking off. Mabe someday I'll get another with a gyro and safe. I'm on-call every other week for work so I only have 2 weekends a month to fly. It took some time to save up for this so I'm broke again. And there out of stock at the moment.

Comment

• Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/olivian.dia...ment&ref=notif

Today was a beautiful day at our field! I made the maiden, 2 flights! First with the CG exactly where it is recommended by the factory, tail heavy, flaps and elevator down, not good setup at the end the plane stopped in the bush, but in one piece!!

Second flight battery moved forward, much better, but when i wanted to land, flaps in position without elevator, and the plane drops down, so at the end i landed without flaps.I will make some tests in the future to see what it the best choice. Over all nice plane and easy to fly! Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-10-03 at 17.14.59 (2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	210.4 KB ID:	278575
                Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-10-03 at 17.14.59 (1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	167.7 KB ID:	278576
                Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• So for the guys who fly this plane a long time, as i know when you put flaps on the plane normally the plane climbs or this is what i saw on my Funcub. Here when i wanted to land and i put the flaps in landing position the plane fell like a rock!! Can explain me somebody why this behavior?
                  Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by Oachidori View Post
                    So for the guys who fly this plane a long time, as i know when you put flaps on the plane normally the plane climbs or this is what i saw on my Funcub. Here when i wanted to land and i put the flaps in landing position the plane fell like a rock!! Can explain me somebody why this behavior?
                    This plane will balloon (climb) with initial full flap deployment at too high a speed due to the increase in lift as the airfoil changes.

However, the pitch change from deployment is partially dependent on airspeed.

If you drop full flaps at a sane airspeed, the plane will not have the ballooning initially and will pitch down with full flaps. Some up elevator trim can negate this tendency if you like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post

This plane will balloon (climb) with initial full flap deployment at too high a speed due to the increase in lift as the airfoil changes.

However, the pitch change from deployment is partially dependent on airspeed.

If you drop full flaps at a sane airspeed, the plane will not have the ballooning initially and will pitch down with full flaps. Some up elevator trim can negate this tendency if you like.

Exactly right!
                      I was doing some slow flight with the flaps down, over time slowly increasing the throttle and noticed the plane climbing. My initial reaction was I needed some down trim before I realized I forgot to put up the flaps!

Hanger: FW F-22, E-Flight F-16, T-Rex 600, Twisted Hobbies 342, VIP Pylon, Flying Flags hotliner, 1.5 Maule,

Comment

• I actually mix elevator to give it a nose up attitude for my landings. Then I'm focused on throttle for descent with a touch of flair, thus reducing my workload for landing and I've found no bad characteristics with the plane coming in like this on the last two turns. As others have mentioned, stick below half and gear down it won't balloon on you.

Comment

• Can anyone confirm if the new in-runner motor in the HP version will bolt right up to my non HP F-22 EDF unit?

Comment

• One is a inrunner and the other an outrunner, different mounting, different shrouds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              One is a inrunner and the other an outrunner, different mounting, different shrouds.
                              Thanks

Comment

• Anyone have experience with converting the 90mm f22 to a 12s edf? Battery placement for correct CG?
                                Thank's

Comment

• Yes, easy with the huge battery area in this.

Comment

• I use a pair of RoaringTop 6S 3700 in mine for 12S (pic is just a reference I used before I got my 3700 packs). Moved all the wiring off to the side so I could slide the rear pack as far back as possible. Works great and CG's fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5026.JPG
Views:	628
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	285314

Name:	DSCN5025.JPG
Views:	685
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	285315

Name:	DSCN5024.JPG
Views:	669
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	285316
                                    Pat

Comment

• Just made a deal on one of these from a buddy of mine, still in the box. Kinda excited to bring it home soon

Comment

• I need a right side main wing (F22, 90mm) with or without servos,
                                        Text 803 206 9396. Duke
                                        Thanks

Comment

• Hey gents, I could use your help. I recently sold my F-22 to a really great guy, a retired serviceman...I never had any issues with my F-22 other than the nose gear needing to be strengthened. However, unfortunately he's been dealing with some problems I never encountered so I was hoping someone on this thread could offer some insight. Here's his own words, thank you in advance for any help you can offer...

Hi Todd,

So I was having issues with the MCB - e box on the F22 that I bought from you. When I got everything plugged into my receiver which is a Spektrum AR8000, aileron, elevator, and rudder worked. The landing gear did not. So after going back and checking some wiring and wiggling some stuff around the mains would come down and go up, but the front landing gear would not engage at all. So I bypass the blue box and plugged the front gear straight into the the rx and still nothing.

I then got a separate receiver bound it to another radio and plugged the front gear into the receiver to see if the servo would engage. Hit the switch and the front gear came down and went back up just fine. So I figured it was the blue box. So I ordered a new one, got it plugged everything in and everything works except the front landing gear. Even the landing light does not come on when plugged into the box. Has anybody else you know experience this issue and did they have a solution?

Thank you for your time,

Chad

My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X