Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No direct experience but why would Chad think it was the blue box when he stated "So I bypass the blue box and plugged the front gear straight into the the rx and still nothing"?

It sounds like it is something else perhaps an intermittent\poor connection at the plug or in the wiring?

Hanger: FW F-22, E-Flight F-16, T-Rex 600, Twisted Hobbies 342, VIP Pylon, Flying Flags hotliner, 1.5 Maule,

Comment

• What RX is he running? My experience is that some RX's don't play nice with the blue box.
      Pat

Comment

• He started with the AR8000 which I told him I knew of issues with that rx but I believe he is using another rx now...I'll text him and ask...
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by SDRick View Post
          No direct experience but why would Chad think it was the blue box when he stated "So I bypass the blue box and plugged the front gear straight into the the rx and still nothing"?

It sounds like it is something else perhaps an intermittent\poor connection at the plug or in the wiring?

I think he was just bypassing the box to rule it out as the cause...
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

I think he was just bypassing the box to rule it out as the cause...

Curious in that he said it didn't work when he bypassed the blue box and went direct to the receiver, but he ordered another blue box?
            Hanger: FW F-22, E-Flight F-16, T-Rex 600, Twisted Hobbies 342, VIP Pylon, Flying Flags hotliner, 1.5 Maule,

Comment

• He said he first tried the AR8000 and now he's using the AR6200. His radio is the NX6.
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                He said he first tried the AR8000 and now he's using the AR6200. His radio is the NX6.
                My guess on the situation that the nose retrace isn't initiating. When we use to store our F-22’s with gear up you had to keep the gear switch to retracted for several seconds until you hear them kinda cycle for a split second. Once this all happens then they all should work. Or his gear travel endpoints have been messed with in his transmitter and should be 100- -100.

Comment

• He's not just getting thrown out by the delay in the blue box sequencer? Sometimes it feels like a lifetime waiting for the imaginary gear doors to open!

Comment

• Well I got my F22, all set up and ready to fly on Wednesday. Its gonna be a fun day :)

Comment

• Love this bird. My favourite FW jet.
                      i actually sold it.. but i have bought it back now, i missed it to much;)
                      Attached Files

Comment

• The F-22 and the Mirage are two I'd never sell. If I crash one, I'd buy another.

The F-18 might be my third favorite, but it's a distant third.

Comment

• After flying today all I got to say is, man what a plane!

Comment

• It was a most excellent day!

Comment

• Love the F double deuce on 8S!
                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I can only imagine, mine is a 6s version, but I can tell on 8 it would totally be a monster!

Comment

• Brother... Its the least stressful freewing jet I own!. I crashed my 1st before the 2019 Jet Jam... not bad tore the nose off and dinged up the bits that stick out from the fuse....Like the wings and empennage. Vowed to fixe her... she sat for almost two years. I bought an ARF for the jam ,flew the crap out of it. ..... Subsequently sold the Arf... and dug in to fixing the original. This will also be 8S.....And adding the Slime lights and normal red green wing tip lights as well as the flashers. Utilizing the Jeremy Solt light kit. :-) Full repaint will ensue ...
                                  Attached Files
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Hi guys I have one question, other than more speed and power what other benefits you get on using an 8S configuration? Does it gives more runtime? I am planning on getting the F-22 very soon but I'm trying to decide on which version. I'm not particularly interested on going very fast, what I want is more fly time. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Comment

• Yes, more speed and power. If you want more flight time go with the 6S and drop a 8,000 to 10,000 pack in it.

Comment

• I'm anxious to fly her again, I may charge a couple packs and fly her again today after the Thanksgiving day meal. I love the high alpha maneuverability. It's almost like flying a 3d plane even without the TV. I imagine with TV this bird would be able to do some really interesting things

Comment

• Evan is correct for the 6S.... Throttle to the firewall on the 8s, 5000's was getting 3:30. 4 and a little over with mixed flying. Thinking of going with some 4S paired RT 6250's and see how that works. The F22 is a sick awesome platform.... There was one a while back on 12s. with brakes, AB light and scale details,,, didn't phase performance or ease of operation one bit!

Comment

Working...
                                          X