X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
    Evan is correct for the 6S.... Throttle to the firewall on the 8s, 5000's was getting 3:30. 4 and a little over with mixed flying. Thinking of going with some 4S paired RT 6250's and see how that works. The F22 is a sick awesome platform.... There was one a while back on 12s. with brakes, AB light and scale details,,, didn't phase performance or ease of operation one bit!
    Could you imagine 12s with thrust vectoring? That would just scream wholesome goodness! Hehehe

Comment

• I've flown mine on 6S, 8S, 10S and 12S. I have thrust vectoring. To me 8S was the best blend of power and maneuverability.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
        Love the F double deuce on 8S!

"F double deuce" reminds me of something I have never been able to figure out.
        Why do they call "W" double "U" UU when it's really double "V" like VV ?
        Hanger: FW F-22, E-Flight F-16, T-Rex 600, Twisted Hobbies 342, VIP Pylon, Flying Flags hotliner, 1.5 Maule,

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          I've flown mine on 6S, 8S, 10S and 12S. I have thrust vectoring. To me 8S was the best blend of power and maneuverability.
          Oh nice 3d printed? Is there pics in the thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Madness View Post
            Hi guys I have one question, other than more speed and power what other benefits you get on using an 8S configuration? Does it gives more runtime? I am planning on getting the F-22 very soon but I'm trying to decide on which version. I'm not particularly interested on going very fast, what I want is more fly time. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
            Going to 8S bought me about another 50 seconds to one minute of flight time in mixed flight vs. 6S, plus 15 mph in top speed and for all practical purposes, unlimited vertical.

The plane handles similarly at the same CG on 6S vs. 8S. It shrugs off the extra weight for the most part. I find I fly faster and entry speeds are higher on 8S. 6S would be marginally better in slow flight.

But as Evan D mentioned, using a larger capacity battery on 6S would accomplish the longer flight times w/o swapping the EDF.

Comment

• No 3D printed parts. All just modelling skills. I think there are pictures, For sure in the RCG thread. Way back in the beginning since I built it that way and I was one of the first preorders.

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Oh nice 3d printed? Is there pics in the thread?

Comment

• Good post. The F-22 is not like other planes for me, as far as swapping power systems. Part of that is there is so much wing area it's not bothered much by extra weight batteries. Another part is I have mechanically linked TVs to the taileron servos so they are always "on".

I was using 5200-6200 batteries on 6S and I wanted more speed, it had great maneuverability but was lacking. I next went 8S (JF/HET/ CC ESC) and it felt really good. I used 5200 8S and flight time was very good too. Keep in mind I was flying more slow speed 3D-ish though I did the occasional high speed pass.

I had a 10-12S JF/HET that I also tried. 10S gave me a slight bump in speed but the 4000 & 5000 packs were heavy and it felt sluggish when doing 3D. Same set up on 3500-3700 12S (same battery weight as 8S 5200) was great for speed but it felt like the TVs were wasted like the eflux was too high to make the TVs efficient. While I liked this set up it was also a short flight.

We had a guy with a JP 12S set up, no TVs, on his and it was a rocket but it was a one dimensional rocket, just speed. The F-22 is so much more than just speed. SO much more.

Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post

Going to 8S bought me about another 50 seconds to one minute of flight time in mixed flight vs. 6S, plus 15 mph in top speed and for all practical purposes, unlimited vertical.

The plane handles similarly at the same CG on 6S vs. 8S. It shrugs off the extra weight for the most part. I find I fly faster and entry speeds are higher on 8S. 6S would be marginally better in slow flight.

But as Evan D mentioned, using a larger capacity battery on 6S would accomplish the longer flight times w/o swapping the EDF.

Comment

• Yes sir I agree, I love the slow speed characteristics of the F22. being able to do off the wall high alpha is one of this planes gifts. It's so much fun in so many aspects.

Comment

• This was from late this summer. We have entered the cold winter and I'm looking back and getting excited for the next summer. Any idea what fun i can mod this or make better this winter? It's the 8s version i might add. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200830_124738.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	288155

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200830_113712.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	288157

Comment

• Paint the servos to match the plane, add lights, add TVs, do programming for full span flaps, ailerons, tailerons, crow and rudder airbrakes.

Comment

Paint the servos to match the plane, add lights, add TVs, do programming for full span flaps, ailerons, tailerons, crow and rudder airbrakes.
                          Man I would love to see the flight videos of this beast. It sounds like a fun machine

Comment

Paint the servos to match the plane, add lights, add TVs, do programming for full span flaps, ailerons, tailerons, crow and rudder airbrakes.
                            Thanks for the tips i sure will do. I just bought a V-bar controll and planing on using the V-plane setup, I'm not sure I can progra all surfaces. Anyone flying vbc and vplane?

I love going at medium speed forward and push nose upp, and then thrust full power vertical, and then pull forward stick forward. Looks exactly like the scale one and i get goosebumps, haha

Comment

• Like this :)

Comment

• I truly love this jet guys and been on the fence to purchase it because I feel it’s too high of a price to have to modify it (lights, Afterburner, cockpit, power system). By the time you’re done you could’ve bought a small turbine airframe. So my question to the guys that already own the Raptor, is it really worth the high price, flight time, in runner version?

Comment

• Completely! It's the most stress free jet I own.... 8S 4min mixed flying.
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• OK been waiting for a new fuselage for the Raptor for eons and I finally got the notice and ordered one. Good project for at least part of the building season. I don't even remember what I did that caused the damage it's been so long! I know it involved the nose gear and there just wasn't any structurally good way to fix it without just replacing that fuselage. Believe me I tried. For me, the words stress free and jet are mutually exclusive words but I am just a WWII warbird guy at heart. But I have to say, after seeing the F-22 perform years ago at Reno, I was in lust with this plane.As always, I would love a bigger version but as my dad used to say, people in hell want ice water too.Go Hawks!!

Comment

• Anyone... Is the 8S set up a significant enough performance gain over the new in-runner 9 blade 6s to justify it? The guys that were having the discussion about 6s vs 8s was that comparing the new version in runner? I know the 8S adds considerable weight I just want to make sure it's not canceling out performance.

Comment

• I’ve been running the eight sell version for a couple of years. It has plenty of power and well worth the upgrade. Using motions version in their high performance F 22. Tons of fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jet10 View Post
                                          Anyone... Is the 8S set up a significant enough performance gain over the new in-runner 9 blade 6s to justify it? The guys that were having the discussion about 6s vs 8s was that comparing the new version in runner? I know the 8S adds considerable weight I just want to make sure it's not canceling out performance.
                                          I will be going to the 9 blade in runner for the upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                                          X