Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i’ve been flying 8s and can confirm its noticeably more powerful vs 6s (top speed & climb) and still lands super slow... 8s is thw way to go for me.

Comment

• 8S rebuild Crashed prior to Jet Jam 2019...

Jeremy Solt Light kit
      3D printed wheel covers
      Landing gear lights
      Repaint /Weathering
      Callie Graphincs.
      Attached Files
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
        8S rebuild Crashed prior to Jet Jam 2019...

Jeremy Solt Light kit
        3D printed wheel covers
        Landing gear lights
        Repaint /Weathering
        Callie Graphincs.
        great work there. any chance we could get some close up shot of how you mounted those landing gear lights..
        thanks

Comment

• Sure.... I bought 2 more mounts for the nose gear and slightly modified them( sanded a part off) then hysoled them to the doors... I will take some pics tomorrow! :-)
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
            8S rebuild Crashed prior to Jet Jam 2019...

Jeremy Solt Light kit
            3D printed wheel covers
            Landing gear lights
            Repaint /Weathering
            Callie Graphincs.
            Good job! I did the exact same mods to mine, then crashed... I rebuilt it with only 1 nose gear door tab needing to be replaced. Was good for a year or so, but I ran my batteries too hard and lost thrust while turning on final. I opted to put the gear up and belly land in a field. Only issue was I lost sight of it while it was about 50 feet above ground. People that saw said the actual tuchdown was great... but it bounced into a chain link fence.

Its almost completely rebuilt again for a second time... My jet is one from the initial shipment, Which I think yours is too?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210119_012236372_iOS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	227.5 KB ID:	295724

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210119_040218136_iOS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	295725

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210119_101323616_iOS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	295726

Comment

• Hey guys going to get the F22 8s but can’t deside what batteries to get as far as C rating and mah. I want to use two 4 cell but not sure on 5000 or 6000 mah and best C rating. Motion RC states 50C but is anyone using higher rating? I know the higher the C rating the heavier the battery but would like to know what you guys are using that are flying this F22 on two 4 cell.Could I get some info please before ordering. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post
                Hey guys going to get the F22 8s but can’t deside what batteries to get as far as C rating and mah. I want to use two 4 cell but not sure on 5000 or 6000 mah and best C rating. Motion RC states 50C but is anyone using higher rating? I know the higher the C rating the heavier the battery but would like to know what you guys are using that are flying this F22 on two 4 cell.Could I get some info please before ordering. Thanks.
                I'm using the Admiral 5000 50C 6S + Admiral 5000 50C 2S

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. So 50c should be the highest C used? I looked at batteries that are 55c,65c and 70c in 5000mah and would like to know if they would work as well.

Comment

• Any higher C rating will be fine in a jet. You could drive yourself absolutely mad researching the nuances and enigma that is "C rating" in this hobby and the fact that what is listed on the label is rarely the "true" C rating once tested. But yes, in general, choose a good battery with good reviews and anything "50C" or higher and you should be fine. Good luck, this is a fantastic jet.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I have a pair of CNHL Black series 65c 5000mah 4s to make 8s in series on my 90mm f-22 and fit and weight is perfect. Click image for larger version

Name:	EC87CBF4-1265-43DE-A2D9-0ACF9A3CB06C.jpeg
Views:	531
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	296718

Comment

• Thanks guys big help now I know what to get.

Comment

• Higher C rating also means, more weight.
                          Need to find the happy medium between c-rating and weight.

Comment

• I’m using 6+2 5200 45C hobby star. 880g for both. That said I don’t really recommend them.

Comment

• On the budget end of the scale for what I own, I'm using a Liperior 5000 6S 45C + a 2S Liperior 5000 45C. The F-22 is easy on batteries on 8S vs. 6S and they perform fine.

I would not use 4S in series if you plan on getting into any 6S jets. 6+2 is a better configuration so you can re-use the 6S in other planes. Plus 4S in series is a little more challenging to make fit in some applications.

I don't believe for EDFs you can use "too high" a C rating, given they're so exaggerated in most cases. You do need to be mindful of the weight in most planes. The F-22 takes the extra weight very well though.

Comment

• I ordered two CNHL 4s 5000mah 55c. That way I can use same batteries in my 4s funjet. They were back ordered on black series batteries. Also are you guys using gyro on this plane? If so which one?

Comment

I ordered two CNHL 4s 5000mah 55c. That way I can use same batteries in my 4s funjet. They were back ordered on black series batteries. Also are you guys using gyro on this plane? If so which one?
                                  I use a Jeti Rex7A RX. I use the stabilization to take the “bumps” out of the flight from the wind. I assigned the gain on a proportional knob so I can adjust on the fly depending on speed and wind if need be.

Comment

• Thanks I’m using a Spektrum DX-9 and was thinking of getting the A3L V2 from motion not sure how good it is never used a gyro before.

Comment

• Mizer67 the only 6s plane I have is a funjet and a 4s funjet. The 6s runs like a raped ape hehe. I’m getting older now a can’t see it that well that’s why I got the F22

Comment

Mizer67 the only 6s plane I have is a funjet and a 4s funjet. The 6s runs like a raped ape hehe. I’m getting older now a can’t see it that well that’s why I got the F22
                                        No worries. Just wanted to make sure you'd considered the "next" plane (and there's always a next plane 😀).

Don't be fooled by the F-22 either, may seem slow in flight initially given its size and it is a draggy airframe, but mine does about 118-120 mph on 8S, about 106-108 mph on 6S.

Nothing compared to a high speed prop. plane, but not too shabby for a foam EDF.

Flies very well slow too of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post

No worries. Just wanted to make sure you'd considered the "next" plane (and there's always a next plane 😀).

Don't be fooled by the F-22 either, may seem slow in flight initially given its size and it is a draggy airframe, but mine does about 118-120 mph on 8S, about 106-108 mph on 6S.

Nothing compared to a high speed prop. plane, but not too shabby for a foam EDF.

Flies very well slow too of course.
                                          Nice to hear that. My 4s funjet does about 110-120 mph the 6s funjet does about 200-215 mph. I’m use to the fast flights but seeing them sometimes is the challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                          X