Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah ok I see why it’s not needed now. So just cut and twist wires together and Heat shrink?

Comment

• Solder it. You don't want it coming loose, bad thing...

Comment

• Ok great then just two way stickem tape the UBEC on the side somewhere. Thanks guys

Comment

• On most planes I don't fasten it down at all... I swap battery connectors on my planes and usually lengthen the wires to the BEC so it's easy to stash in the back area.

Comment

• After binding my receiver I plug all servos in there place plug in battery and landing gear light comes on in up position and plane just beeps but not cell count. One beep then three beeps and one beep again. Anyone else have this problem? Also do I need to calibrate the throttle first with this esc?

Comment

• Doesn't sound like your bind was successful. Try re-binding again (I find it helps to move my TX a good 6 feet or more away during the binding process). Once the bind is successful you will want to calibrate the ESC.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                Doesn't sound like your bind was successful. Try re-binding again (I find it helps to move my TX a good 6 feet or more away during the binding process). Once the bind is successful you will want to calibrate the ESC.
                radio said bind complete. But I’ll try again. To calibrate esc do I turn on radio throttle up plug in battery wait for two beeps then throttle down with this esc

Comment

• The ESC is different than others and doesn’t beep the cell count. But yes calibrate the throttle and also set your failsafe after you do all the set up stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    The ESC is different than others and doesn’t beep the cell count. But yes calibrate the throttle and also set your failsafe after you do all the set up stuff.
                    Ok great I’ll give it another try. So how do I set fail safe is that on receiver?

Comment

• Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post
                      To calibrate esc do I turn on radio throttle up plug in battery wait for two beeps then throttle down with this esc
                      Correct my good man. You will hear the quick beeps to signify programming mode and quickly drop the throttle all the way down. You will then hear another quick series of beeps to let you know the calibration was successful.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Correct my good man. You will hear the quick beeps to signify programming mode and quickly drop the throttle all the way down. You will then hear another quick series of beeps to let you know the calibration was successful.
                        Thanks all works now. When centering servos for flaps servo should forward for flaps off? When I put flaps all the way down arm is all the way up insideI don’t think this is correct. So I need to readjust arm right. Sorry never had a plane with flaps.

Comment

• With the radio at half flap adjust sub trim so the servo arm is straight down. Adjust the linkage so your flaps are the correct for half flaps. Then adjust the travel in the radio to get flaps up and flaps down.

Comment

With the radio at half flap adjust sub trim so the servo arm is straight down. Adjust the linkage so your flaps are the correct for half flaps. Then adjust the travel in the radio to get flaps up and flaps down.
                            Thank you I’ll set up like you said

Comment

• Got it guys thanks for all the help.

Comment

On most planes I don't fasten it down at all... I swap battery connectors on my planes and usually lengthen the wires to the BEC so it's easy to stash in the back area.
                                Great idea I did it also much cleaner in battery compartment. Thanks for the idea. Also do you glue the little mat down so the battery won’t move or just set it in then put battery on top and strap down?

Comment

• You are very welcome!

PS, I usually zip tie the BEC wires to the battery wires to make it neater too... This is my F-18 but you get the idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0308.JPG
Views:	608
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	297757

Comment

You are very welcome!

PS, I usually zip tie the BEC wires to the battery wires to make it neater too... This is my F-18 but you get the idea.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0308.JPG Views:	0 Size:	63.1 KB ID:	297757
                                    Wow very clean I take it receiver is up front. Do you use a gyro? Right now I’m using a lemon receiver but want to get a better one just not sure which one to get.

Comment

• Actually I usually put my receiver and the blue box/ MCBe under the battery tray, there’s nothing up front except the wires going to the retract, steering servo and landing light. In the F-22 I have two satellites, one of those is in the nose.

Comment

Actually I usually put my receiver and the blue box/ MCBe under the battery tray, there’s nothing up front except the wires going to the retract, steering servo and landing light. In the F-22 I have two satellites, one of those is in the nose.
                                        Ah ok I’ll check it out. Didn’t know there was that much room under there.

Comment

• ​​ I have my F-22 out as I’m rebinding all my often used (70 of 97) aircraft to a new(er) DX-18 I bought. I was wrong in that the receiver is back behind the battery area. I do have the MCBe under the battery tray. Here’s a pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	098D254B-B6D2-4404-9CFB-CD9D102C4192.jpeg
Views:	577
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	297858
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X