X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post
    Finally all done setting up rates and ready for flight. Is there a way to make gear come up faster?
    The delay is to allow for 2-stage gear doors. You need the delay because the nose gear doors are servo driven (you don't want the gear doors closing before the gear comes up). The only way to change the speed coming up is to run the LG connections direct to the RX. What I do is flip the gear switch halfway through the takeoff run.
    Pat

Comment

• Ah ok I’ll just leave it alone. I ask earlier if you guys run a gyro but no response. I got the A3-L V2. Someone not sure where I read it but they said they crashed two planes because of it and I don’t want to do that. Also anyone running lemon receivers?

Comment

• I have the A3 in my F-14 and lemons in all my other jets. They are both great options and easy to setup. I think I prefer the lemons both set up and flight characteristics. I might suggest running a capacitor on the lemons similar to what the A3 recommends.

Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post
        Ah ok I’ll just leave it alone. I ask earlier if you guys run a gyro but no response. I got the A3-L V2. Someone not sure where I read it but they said they crashed two planes because of it and I don’t want to do that. Also anyone running lemon receivers?

Comment

• No and no.... sorry

good luck on the maiden!

Comment

• I've run the A3L V2 in the past.

5 or 6 years ago I crashed the first plane I ever installed it into because I reversed the ailerons on the gyro. That made the plane spin uncontrollably with the slightest movement of the sticks in either direction. It was a short re-maiden.

If you turn the gains up too high, you'll get high speed oscillation which could be problematic.

Otherwise, I've not found them to cause issues, but don't run them anymore because they numb the feel of the plane and essentially steal or reserve some stick movement. If you have enough spare channels, just make sure to set up a switch so you can turn it on and off and try it out at altitude first. I did not have enough in my instance.

I've run Lemon receivers in the past, but don't now. Genuine Lemon receivers I've not had issues with. My brief foray into versions that are re-branded Lemons taught me not to venture off of those you can buy direct from Lemon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
              I've run the A3L V2 in the past.

5 or 6 years ago I crashed the first plane I ever installed it into because I reversed the ailerons on the gyro. That made the plane spin uncontrollably with the slightest movement of the sticks in either direction. It was a short re-maiden.

If you turn the gains up too high, you'll get high speed oscillation which could be problematic.

Otherwise, I've not found them to cause issues, but don't run them anymore because they numb the feel of the plane and essentially steal or reserve some stick movement. If you have enough spare channels, just make sure to set up a switch so you can turn it on and off and try it out at altitude first. I did not have enough in my instance.

I've run Lemon receivers in the past, but don't now. Genuine Lemon receivers I've not had issues with. My brief foray into versions that are re-branded Lemons taught me not to venture off of those you can buy direct from Lemon.
              Thanks for the info. I think I’ll put it in a foamie first to try it out. I have the 9 ch Receiver with two satellites that came with my DX9 so I’ll use it which will give me more slots so I can put after burner also.

Comment

• Ok first problem nose hear won’t come down. Light comes on but gear not coming down. Was working fine yesterday.

Comment

• Anytime I have gremlins or general wonkiness with my gear (especially if it's been working previously) I always try cycling several times, unplug the battery, plug back in, try again. If that doesn't work, try re-binding again to see if that clears it. Off course checking to make sure all your connections are solid.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                    Anytime I have gremlins or general wonkiness with my gear (especially if it's been working previously) I always try cycling several times, unplug the battery, plug back in, try again. If that doesn't work, try re-binding again to see if that clears it. Off course checking to make sure all your connections are solid.
                    Checked all connections all good there. The mains go down front door opens light comes on but front won’t come down. Tested with servo tester gear goes up and down fine but once plugged back in blue board nothing. I’ll try rebidding,Ok tried re-binding and cycled about 5 times still nothing.

Comment

• Ok got it working had plug on board in wrong slot. Used two extinctions to put board under battery tray. Got in a hurry darn it hehe

Comment

• I fly with 8s ans twin pack 4s 8000 mah 110c dxf and i easily can
                        ​​ fly 4 min 30 wtih 25 % left. Counter Weight need but not son much...609gr each pack....

Comment

• Anybody know where the stickers go?

Comment

• I never really found a proper place. I tossed them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post
                              Anybody know where the stickers go?
                              Here's what I did with them:

Pat

Comment

• Great thanks

Comment

• Ordered a Spektrum AR8020T receiver today. I needed a 8 CH 6 CH not enough. Also where do you plug the afterburner in? Got one coming.

Comment

• There is always a delay with my gear but aside from that they always work fine. Funny thing is that I spool up to take off and immediately click the gear switch. Just as the plane is climbing out the gear goes up...
                                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                      There is always a delay with my gear but aside from that they always work fine. Funny thing is that I spool up to take off and immediately click the gear switch. Just as the plane is climbing out the gear goes up...
                                      Thanks gooniac33 I was just courious cause you can change speed of flaps and didn’t know if you could with gear. Also I ordered a 8 ch spektrum receiver didn’t want to trust the lemon receiver I got and wasn’t sure where to plug in the afterburner I ordered from you. Can wait till it comes to install.

Comment

• Hi guys, I'm doing a turbine conversion on this jet ATM and was a little worried about the static balance of the stabs, ie, the stabs themselves were very tail heavy. I added some lead inside them towards the leading edge so that they were very slightly nose heavy. Other aircraft that I have that use full flying stabs always recommend this, but no mention in the F22 instructions. With my Flexjet Pro, it actually comes from the factory statically balanced, so just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this? Plus I'm going to add some centreburner lights on either side of my home-made thrust tube.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Hello again. Is the instruction manual recondition for horizontal stabilizer neutral position indeed a good starting point? It looks like the stab trailing edge will end up basically streamlined with the fuselage tail fairing?
                                          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X