Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I set mine by the book. 5.5mm down, then from that point 1mm down on takeoff flaps and 2mm down with landing flaps. Hope I did it right.

Comment

• Yes, the book neutral is a good place to start.
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post

Thanks gooniac33 I was just courious cause you can change speed of flaps and didn’t know if you could with gear. Also I ordered a 8 ch spektrum receiver didn’t want to trust the lemon receiver I got and wasn’t sure where to plug in the afterburner I ordered from you. Can wait till it comes to install.
        Yeah you can change flap speed if you have a radio capable of doing so. I always set mine to 2-4 seconds. But that is using a DX9.

I use LemonRX in all my birds. I have the 7ch with gyro in my F-22 and have the burners on a Y cable with throttle. That is the easiest way to set it up when you get it. I am plugging away on orders but have a regular job to which is getting in the way a lil bit. But I will get them to you soon.
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Yeah you can change flap speed if you have a radio capable of doing so. I always set mine to 2-4 seconds. But that is using a DX9.

I use LemonRX in all my birds. I have the 7ch with gyro in my F-22 and have the burners on a Y cable with throttle. That is the easiest way to set it up when you get it. I am plugging away on orders but have a regular job to which is getting in the way a lil bit. But I will get them to you soon.
          Thanks goonic33. I have the DX9 also. I just got a AR8020T receiver 8ch wasn’t sure if a 6ch was enough. So if I have the 8ch do I still need to Y to throttle? No worries on the order I completely understand I use to work also and know how it is. But I love retirement now. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Well I had an issue today but MotionRC got on it right away great customer service. My issue is when landing gear is down and power off both plane and transmitter off change batteries and turn transmitter on and plug in batteries gear door closes on gear. Anybody come across this problem also? Motion is sending me a new blue box.

Comment

• May not fix it... On mine I transport gear retracted and when I plug in a battery the gear doors pop open and then slowly close. The gear themselves don't move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                May not fix it... On mine I transport gear retracted and when I plug in a battery the gear doors pop open and then slowly close. The gear themselves don't move.
                Wow sounds like just the two of us have gear problems. Well I hope new blue box will fix it.

Comment

• I don't consider it a problem. does the same thing every time so I'm ok with it...

Comment

• Ah ok well that’s good. But I can’t do that when the door closes on the gear I can’t put gear up. I have to unplug gear door from blue box and use my servo tester to open it up so I can retract the gear. Then plug it back in and close the doors.

Comment

• When checking CG on the F-22 do you guy check it with gear up or down?

Comment

• I always check with gear down, considering landing is the most critical time in a flight. You’ll get lots of other opinions including it depends on if the gear retract forward, rearward or to the side... in the end checking balance on the ground is just a reference and balance should be determined by how it flies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          I always check with gear down, considering landing is the most critical time in a flight. You’ll get lots of other opinions including it depends on if the gear retract forward, rearward or to the side... in the end checking balance on the ground is just a reference and balance should be determined by how it flies.
                          Great thanks Evan for all the help.

Comment

• I'm sure this has been covered before but 1. where do the little water transfer decals go?
                            2. any suggested changes in stock c.g. when you have the afterburner in place?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                              I'm sure this has been covered before but 1. where do the little water transfer decals go?
                              2. any suggested changes in stock c.g. when you have the afterburner in place?
                              1. See this post for what I did:

2. Maintain the stock CG after adding the AB lights. May require moving the battery forward slightly.
                              Pat

Comment

• Thanks Pat. What do you think f the new 3D printers BTW?

Comment

• I've had a Prusa mk3 for a couple years now and love it!
                                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post

Thanks goonic33. I have the DX9 also. I just got a AR8020T receiver 8ch wasn’t sure if a 6ch was enough. So if I have the 8ch do I still need to Y to throttle? No worries on the order I completely understand I use to work also and know how it is. But I love retirement now. Thanks for the info.
                                    If all you have is a 6ch radio then yes use the included y cable on throttle.

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                      If all you have is a 6ch radio then yes use the included y cable on throttle.
                                      No I have a DX9 like you.

Comment

• Hello, I am looking to find some guidance on an issue I just had. I've been flying my Raptor for a couple months without issue. After a recent flight, I noticed that the positive leads in the EC5 from battery to plane melted. This broke the connector and I had it replaced. I flew again with a different battery and the same issue occurred, yet it didn't break the connector so I didn't/t think much of it. Finally, the third flight after the first incident, the jet lost power mid air and totaled on the ground. I discover that the positive lead had once again built up heat and melted the connector. I have only heard good things about the EC5 so I am confused as to where this buildup of heat is coming from. Motion RC didn't really provide an answer, they just said that the ESC is very reliable so it is probably not that. Thanks

Comment

• It indicates a problem resulting in the connector being overloaded. A dry solder joint somewhere, perhaps an issue with the motor/fan unit preventing free movement or even the bullet connectors between the ESC and the motor.

It's unsurprising it did not resolve itself.

I would pull the entire powertrain and inspect it. Run the motor up with a wattmeter and see how much current is being drawn.

Comment

Working...
                                          X