X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prescott27 View Post
    Hello, I am looking to find some guidance on an issue I just had. I've been flying my Raptor for a couple months without issue. After a recent flight, I noticed that the positive leads in the EC5 from battery to plane melted. This broke the connector and I had it replaced. I flew again with a different battery and the same issue occurred, yet it didn't break the connector so I didn't/t think much of it. Finally, the third flight after the first incident, the jet lost power mid air and totaled on the ground. I discover that the positive lead had once again built up heat and melted the connector. I have only heard good things about the EC5 so I am confused as to where this buildup of heat is coming from. Motion RC didn't really provide an answer, they just said that the ESC is very reliable so it is probably not that. Thanks
    Bad solder or a bad connection. EC5 have done over 150amps with my planes and never melt. The one that did melt was a bullet with a bad connection...factory of course! LOL
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Well here I go again. Received my new blue board today and new boards for the wings. I replaced all of it and again when I put landing gear down and unplug plane and turn off transmitter like I would if changing batteries to fly again. I turn on transmitter and plug in batteries gear door closes on gear while still down. So I have to unplug gear door from blue board and use my servo tester to open it up to put gear up. Also with gear up when I plug in batteries gear door comes up which makes doors overlap but when switch is flipped doors open fine and gear goes down. Guess I’ll have to call Motion RC again. If anyone has any ideas I’m all ears. Thanks.

Comment

• Entropy? Sorry, wise ass comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
          Entropy? Sorry, wise ass comment.
          It’s ok thanks for trying to cheer me up 😂

Comment

• chrisk83 developed a support plate for the F-14 nose gear since the plastic retract mount tends to break loose and is difficult to get secured back in place. This plate mounts inside the battery hatch and uses M3x55mm screws and nuts through the retract unit to secure everything in place.

The F-22 uses the same stock mount plate, and mine came loose again last weekend during an event. So I wondered if the F-14 mount plate support would work here. I'm happy to report that it does! I used M3x50mm screws as the distance between the mount and support plate is not as wide. I could have gotten away with 45mm screws but didn't have any on hand. The extra length of the screws does not interfere with the canopy hatch.

Here's a link to the support plate on thingiverse:

For a stronger nose gear, you can install this plate and use M3x55 screws instead of the original

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5634.JPG
Views:	736
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	300166
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5635.JPG
Views:	685
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	300167
            Pat

Comment

• Does the F22 have a sequencer in it somewhere that I can’t see or is it built into the blue box?

Comment

• It's built into the blue box in case the model has servo operated gear doors, like the nose on the F-22.
                Pat

Comment

• Ok thanks. Maybe I got another bad blue box. I’ll call MotionRC again tomorrow. Sure would like to get this plane in the air.

Comment

• When you first talked about this, before you got a replacement MCBe I thought you had something plugged in wrong. I still do.

Here are the instructions. Please verify you have the nose gear doors in the single stage door slot, the second connection in. And that the landing gear servo is in one of the landing gear slots and the steering is in the steering slot (I think you probably have those right).

MCB-E.pdf (shopify.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      When you first talked about this, before you got a replacement MCBe I thought you had something plugged in wrong. I still do.

Here are the instructions. Please verify you have the nose gear doors in the single stage door slot, the second connection in. And that the landing gear servo is in one of the landing gear slots and the steering is in the steering slot (I think you probably have those right).

MCB-E.pdf (shopify.com)
                      Evan yes that’s the first thing I checked to see if factory did it right and all is correct. When I got the new MCB-E I made sure all plugs were in correct place and checking it twice. This time it does the same thing but with a new twist. With transmitter on then plug in battery on plane door servo arm goes up which makes the door close more and makes it overlap. The strangest thing is when I first got the new MCB-E in it worked perfect only once. But after the first time it has the same problem and with the new problem.

Comment

• What radio? Stock ESC? Extra BEC? Anything not stock?

Comment

What radio? Stock ESC? Extra BEC? Anything not stock?
                          I use a DX9 transmitter and a AR8020T receiver all Spektrum. Everything else is stock in the 8cell version F22.

Comment

• I could be wrong but I thought I've heard there are issues with the AR8020T rx? Have you tried using a different rx just for testing?
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                              I could be wrong but I thought I've heard there are issues with the AR8020T rx? Have you tried using a different rx just for testing?
                              Yes I tried my lemon received also and same problem. From what I read it’s the AR8010T is the one that is having problems that’s why I got the AR8020T.

Comment

• Copy that!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Took mine yesterday for a spin , was pretty windy, wasn’t sure then i did it. I have the 8S version and i never have a single problem after 50ish flights . All stock, just add lights on wings and front side . The AB are from the RCGeek .. a must on jets
                                  Gray sky helps alote to show led for orientation.
                                  this jet dosn’t have the looks of a “ OMG “ but sure is a great flyer.
                                  great power even after rain on grass, dosn’t care, will go up no problems at all .
                                  super easy to fly , in my opinion much easier this then the t-45 which aswell it is a easy jet to fly .
                                  had fun !
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Griffon Wings wish I had your luck. I would love to get this bird off the ground but with this gear and door issue I don’t want to take a chance. Hopefully today MotionRC will help me out again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post
                                      Griffon Wings wish I had your luck. I would love to get this bird off the ground but with this gear and door issue I don’t want to take a chance. Hopefully today MotionRC will help me out again.
                                      I’m sorry to ear you have issues . Be just a little patience and i’m sure Motion will take care of the problem . Once your bird will be in the air I’ll guaranteed you gona love it .

Comment

• I wish you were near me so a second set of eyes can look at your set up (a good reason to put in your location in the avatar box). I still think it's wiring or voltage or something, not the MCBe. The MCBe has been pretty trouble free for most of us. It doesn't like voltages higher than 5.5V (why I asked about your BEC) and seems to have issues with some radios like Jeti (why I asked what radio).

Comment

I wish you were near me so a second set of eyes can look at your set up (a good reason to put in your location in the avatar box). I still think it's wiring or voltage or something, not the MCBe. The MCBe has been pretty trouble free for most of us. It doesn't like voltages higher than 5.5V (why I asked about your BEC) and seems to have issues with some radios like Jeti (why I asked what radio).
                                          Thanks Evan that would be nice. I thought I had my location but I will put it in. I’m in San Diego,Ca. Talked to MotionRC today they will get back to me. Tried to send a video but it didn’t work but he could hear what was going on and said he’ll get back to me. Also you mentioned voltage on my UBEC that came with the plane what is the little blue plug on it to change from 5v or 6v ???

Comment

Working...
                                          X