Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may have been asked in the 175 pages of thread, but I'm curious if anyone has had any luck running the 8s raptor using xt90 connectors. I have a few laying around and was going to use them. I know they're well under rated and have heard people pull more like ~150 amps on the xt90 with no issues. If I have to I'll order some xt150 connectors to be safe being that this model is a bit pricey I wouldn't want something this simple to cause a catastrophic failure. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackhawk60L View Post
      This may have been asked in the 175 pages of thread, but I'm curious if anyone has had any luck running the 8s raptor using xt90 connectors. I have a few laying around and was going to use them. I know they're well under rated and have heard people pull more like ~150 amps on the xt90 with no issues. If I have to I'll order some xt150 connectors to be safe being that this model is a bit pricey I wouldn't want something this simple to cause a catastrophic failure. Thanks
      I use them on most things. I have/had them on an 8S F-22, 8S Gripen and 8S Mig-21 with no issues.

Highest peak amp rating is ~115 - 118 amps.

Most of these setups don't run more than 90A constant, usually less with mixed throttle and the connectors are fine for that usage.

Comment

• XT-90 work well, especially the newer ones with anti spark.

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys

Comment

• I was told the XT90 is the same as the EC5 plug as far as handling the amperage. So I switched to the XT90 also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              XT-90 work well, especially the newer ones with anti spark.
              Evan I just got XT90’s but didn’t know they have anti spark. Cause I get spark when I plug in. Where do you get them?

Comment

• Heres a link for the anti spark I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Amass-Connect...ix=xt90&sr=8-5

Comment

• Exactly. You can get them other places but Amazon has a good deal for them.

You'll hate this but I have a bunch in a bag since I unsolder them and put on clone T connectors.

Comment

• Thanks guys for the info. I’ll have to get some.

Comment

• Hey Peeps . I just ordered mine today. 8s 4075 ultimate version. Anything I need to know when assembling? Tips , tricks or do nots.

Comment

• Hi Guys . where is the best place to luck for an afterburner light for the F22 ? cheers

Comment

• Welcome Protos! RC Geek has them here: https://thercgeek.com/the-centerburner/

There are other options as well like Gooniac's RC EDF Creations: https://www.facebook.com/gooniacsrcedfcreations/

My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hello all,

Finally, I Manager to bring my Red Raptor in the air and save back on the ground.
                            In the beginning my hands were shaking, since the F22 is my first 90mm jet experience. Moreover my airfield is not plane at all and it suffers from many root voles.
                            Thanks for all the Information in this thread.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	CE1B8DBA-3A36-4C7B-B4B1-8BF7FA295CC0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	451.2 KB ID:	316115

Best,
                            Eric

Comment

• Congrats on the successful maiden! I love the original livery!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Who's using as3x on their f-22? Would anyone be willing to share their gain settings? I've been flying this jet for the past week off and on trying to figure out settings for the smoothest flight. It flys great with as3x off, and flight mode 1 (as3x on) for cruising, but I really enjoy flying high alpha, so in flight mode 2 (higher gain as3x on) the aircraft still wants to tip stall and be a little uncontrollable at a high aoa. I know this thing has a lot more potential than where I'm holding the nose. Not sure if it maybe where I have my servo linkages all on all the outer holes of the pushrods, or could be the factory recommend cg I'm using. Any suggestions on settings that other people use and know works would be a help. I can tinker with it but don't wanna make any major shots in the dark on my own and cause a crash.

Thanks,

Brian

Comment

• I don't use AS3X (or any gyro) in mine, sorry.

Comment

• hey there i just bought the 6s inrunner version of the f 22. im curious of your guys opinions on the handeling and if you guys are using any special mixes (flaperon, elevon,speedbrake mixes, ect) im also very curious about the vertical performance of this edf and its climb performance from its slowest speed.

Comment

• I fly stock configuration (more or less book setup). If you want vertical climb, 8S. I'd say on 6S don't expect acceleration on vertical climb, but sustain speed just after pitch-up.

Comment

• Ok cool

Comment

• I have TVs, regular and full span flaps, Crow and rudder airbrakes...

Vertical? Not on 6S. Not to say it doesn't fly great on 6S but yeah not much vertical.

Comment

Working...
                                          X