Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is NICE, but I would paint the inside of the intakes black.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-07-11 19.20.47.jpeg
Views:	582
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	318922

Comment

• Is that with the V6 or V8 engine, lol?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
          Is that with the V6 or V8 engine, lol?
          Actually it has a V10 engine not exactly stock. Its quite awesome to see this thing come screaming by at that speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Con Papaioannou View Post
            Continue from above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1625963765382.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	318902

Name:	1625965103267.jpeg
Views:	734
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	318903

Name:	1625965103188(1).jpeg
Views:	748
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	318904

Name:	1625963765324.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	318905

Name:	1625963765312.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	318906

Some yellow for the Belly.

Name:	1625965205101.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	318907

Name:	1625965205132.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	318908

Completed Build

Name:	1625963952000(1).jpg
Views:	706
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	318909

Name:	Ferrari F22.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	318910

Beautiful

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              Cheers Rifleman

Comment

• What’s the biggest/heaviest packs you guys have flown the f22 with? I flew it originally on 5000’s and now two 3300’s but thinking of two 4000’s...I hate short flight times looking to run about 1180g of battery

Comment

• 1100+g

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    1100+g

how did she fly? Time wise and and did she fly like a boat? Landing speed crazy high?

Comment

• I fly on 5000mah 10S which would be pushing 1400g depending on the battery pair and it still floats like a leaf, and that's with a banged up and repaired model that has more filler than foam in it.​​​​​

It's a remarkable airframe, freewings finest.

Comment

• Still floaty...

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                          I fly on 5000mah 10S which would be pushing 1400g depending on the battery pair and it still floats like a leaf, and that's with a banged up and repaired model that has more filler than foam in it.​​​​​

It's a remarkable airframe, freewings finest.
                          I also fly 10s 5300 packs. Floaty if you want, fast when you feel the need 4 speed. THE BEST

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary S. View Post

I also fly 10s 5300 packs. Floaty if you want, fast when you feel the need 4 speed. THE BEST

https://youtu.be/YyLH1fT5ObU

holy crap that video is impressive! What edf/ esc are you running and what is the batts you are running and the weights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbo5efhe View Post

holy crap that video is impressive! What edf/ esc are you running and what is the batts you are running and the weights?
                              Hacker StreamFan EDF 90mm 1430kv, 475g , 5600 grams of thrust, 130amps peak

SMC 5300 6+4 1158 grams

HobbyWing 160A, Would have preferred a Castle ESC but..$$$'s had to draw the line somewhere.

3.30 min throttle on, flight timer

I am also putting together an even more powerful Jetfan EDF, but the one I have now is still breaking in and clocking over 150mph. That's pretty fast for foam...

Happy flying!

FYI some are doing this same setup with the FMS 8s 1500kv EDF. and to be sure its also very fast. Just don't expect that it will last under heavy use.

Comment

• Yeah I'm one of them running the FMS on 42v. Pretty impressive how an off the shelf EDF can take those RPMs. Just a lot of amps so does require some throttle management, which isn't surprising for a ~6kw setup.

Currently building another one up just for such a setup as the power is kind of wasted on my original one with the TV mod (which will go back to good old 8S). Installed a pitot tube in the nosecone on the new bird so can run some back to back tests on 8s/10s.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                                  Yeah I'm one of them running the FMS on 42v. Pretty impressive how an off the shelf EDF can take those RPMs. Just a lot of amps so does require some throttle management, which isn't surprising for a ~6kw setup.

Currently building another one up just for such a setup as the power is kind of wasted on my original one with the TV mod (which will go back to good old 8S). Installed a pitot tube in the nosecone on the new bird so can run some back to back tests on 8s/10s.
                                  I did observe that the FMS setup seemed to have short flight times. what are you getting? Also impressed by the FMS all around. performance, cost, etc.

I am running 3 min 30 on a throttle timer which usually winds up being 4, 30 of flight time. And landing with 15 - 20% on the batteries. My goal is to find the best balance possible, flight time, speed, flight performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary S. View Post

I did observe that the FMS setup seemed to have short flight times. what are you getting? Also impressed by the FMS all around. performance, cost, etc.

I am running 3 min 30 on a throttle timer which usually winds up being 4, 30 of flight time. And landing with 15 - 20% on the batteries. My goal is to find the best balance possible, flight time, speed, flight performance.
                                    So far I've been getting 3:30 useful throttle time with 30% left but the model has thrust vectoring which means you're cruising around mostly before setting up for manoeuvres. This second build will be more representative as it's going to be just a straight up hotrod.

Nice thing about the 1500kv is it flies great on 8S all day long as well at less than 100A.

I was going to get a purpose built 10S jetfan for it but got a really dismissive vibe from the local dealer ("why, its just a foamy" kind of attitude).

Comment

• As I've said before I have tried stock 6S, JF/HET 8, 10 and 12S in mine. I built mine with TVs, never flew it without since I was looking for a "nimble" F-22. 12S gave me great vertical and speed was just okay since this is a big bird and has a bit of drag. When I say "okay" yes it was fast but unless flying with another F-22 it wasn't anything special, many other stock 6S EDFs can fly that speed. And again I was looking for nimble and 12S thrust didn't add to that. I was using two 3500 6S packs for a total of about 900g.

After my playing with different set ups I went back to a JF/HET 8S set up with 5200 6+2 packs at 880g. I find this the best all around set up for what I want out of the F-22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        As I've said before I have tried stock 6S, JF/HET 8, 10 and 12S in mine. I built mine with TVs, never flew it without since I was looking for a "nimble" F-22. 12S gave me great vertical and speed was just okay since this is a big bird and has a bit of drag. When I say "okay" yes it was fast but unless flying with another F-22 it wasn't anything special, many other stock 6S EDFs can fly that speed. And again I was looking for nimble and 12S thrust didn't add to that. I was using two 3500 6S packs for a total of about 900g.

After my playing with different set ups I went back to a JF/HET 8S set up with 5200 6+2 packs at 880g. I find this the best all around set up for what I want out of the F-22.
                                        I thought about 12s but wing load and low mah batteries didn't seem like fun. I am defiantly a fan of JF/HET or others, Having a couple of different JF setups in others. The one I running now is a Wemo. Its my first one, its ok.

My Question to you and whoever is on your TV parts, is it 3D printed stuff or does anyone have a molded plastic or metal option.

Comment

• I was the first to do TVs and simply cut off and hinged the foam parts back on. I didn't add servos, I just made torque rods and linkage to the stock tailerons. I like the 3D printed part with the cog wheel linkage.

Originally posted by Gary S. View Post

I thought about 12s but wing load and low mah batteries didn't seem like fun. I am defiantly a fan of JF/HET or others, Having a couple of different JF setups in others. The one I running now is a Wemo. Its my first one, its ok.

My Question to you and whoever is on your TV parts, is it 3D printed stuff or does anyone have a molded plastic or metal option.

Comment

Working...
                                          X