X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post

Jetgreaser, which trailing link nose gear is that? Is that from the Yak-130?

Avanti 80mm - Nose Gear
    F-16 90mm - Main Wheel
    F-16 90mm - Landing Light

You will have to open the fork just a little for the F-16 wheel to fit on the Avanti Nose Gear.
    You will have to cut the F-16 Landing Light Clip right up to the Light Mounting Post so it will clear inside when retracted. Both are very easy to do

Comment

• Dang winds. 12S maiden postponed. :Angry:
      Pat

Comment

• Wise decision;)

Comment

• I have dozens of flight so far and lovein the low speed stability this aircraft has. I’ve flowed in 10-15 mph winds and it still proforms very well. This is with a basic receiver no gyro’s

Comment

• Finishing the final little details on the F-22 today... I opened the box on December 8th, and had one little delay after another. And of course Christmas and all that entails, as well as a cold and a gout flare-up! But to top it off, I had an intermittent short in one of the wiring harnesses and finally found it!! Glad it was on the ground and not at 100 mph and 200 ft AGL... The short was to the ailerons, of all places. One bad wire in the extension to the gyro.
            :Scared:
            I didn't add lights to the wings, but I did nav lights and strobes and a beacon on the fuselage. It looks pretty cool! Looking forward to a smooth maiden... A pic or two to follow later today. Happy New Year to everyone, and I hope your Christmas was blessed with joy and love and lots of family and friends!!! Jerry

Comment

• Has anyone had any issues with the access panels under the wings (not just with this a/c)? I must be missing something fundamental in knowledge or just lack of experience on how things are done. I took an access panel off to straighten the servo arm and it was flush when it came off and will not go back on flush. The side away from the screws sticks up slightly and is no longer flush. Posts are in the holes. Very weird. Servo is flat in the tray There's nothing in the way. I don't get it. What am I missing here?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Hey Steve, which lights did you use for the nav lights? I noticed they shine up as well as down nicely. Was going to use lights I stripped out from an A-10 carcass but not sure now. Still waiting on the plane to get here so just putting my ducks in a row.
                I used a set of wing lights from a crashed Avanti and purchased off of eBay some additional 1W LED's just like them and added an extra LED to each in parallel. Each wing has two LED's, one on top and one on the bottom. I did the same for the strobes using Strobon V2's. Each wing has four LED's in it. Two on top and two on the bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chilly Bear View Post
                  Has anyone had any issues with the access panels under the wings (not just with this a/c)? I must be missing something fundamental in knowledge or just lack of experience on how things are done. I took an access panel off to straighten the servo arm and it was flush when it came off and will not go back on flush. The side away from the screws sticks up slightly and is no longer flush. Posts are in the holes. Very weird. Servo is flat in the tray There's nothing in the way. I don't get it. What am I missing here?
                  I have not had the servo panels off, but I can take one off to see if there is anything obvious.....

Comment

• Originally posted by EDJEFF View Post
                    I have dozens of flight so far and lovein the low speed stability this aircraft has. I’ve flowed in 10-15 mph winds and it still proforms very well. This is with a basic receiver no gyro’s
                    Good to know that the F-22 has good stability in the wind. I'm still keen to fit the AR9350 as in a westerly crosswind we tend to get gusty rotors off a nearby hill that make landing in these conditions very 'interesting' !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I have not had the servo panels off, but I can take one off to see if there is anything obvious.....
                      It looks pretty good if I remove the servo and put it in place but the servo only fits in the tray like it fits. The edge closest to the fuselage is higher than the other end but it is as far down as it will go. Maybe they are put in the tray with a machine using a lot of force before being put into the wing?

Comment

• Morning flight

Comment

• Originally posted by Chilly Bear View Post
                          Has anyone had any issues with the access panels under the wings (not just with this a/c)? I must be missing something fundamental in knowledge or just lack of experience on how things are done. I took an access panel off to straighten the servo arm and it was flush when it came off and will not go back on flush. The side away from the screws sticks up slightly and is no longer flush. Posts are in the holes. Very weird. Servo is flat in the tray There's nothing in the way. I don't get it. What am I missing here?
                          So I assume you're talking about the aileron servo? If so, then it sits up higher on the fuse side stock, at least mine is. The flap servo cover is flush all the way around. It looks like the aileron servo does not quite fit flat into the wing, which is causing the cover not to be flush with the wing.
                          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                            So I assume you're talking about the aileron servo? If so, then it sits up higher on the fuse side stock, at least mine is. The flap servo cover is flush all the way around. It looks like the aileron servo does not quite fit flat into the wing, which is causing the cover not to be flush with the wing.
                            Yes, it's the right aileron servo cover. It's the one in first photo. The second photo is the left aileron cover which is what the right one looked like before I took the servo out. It isn't a huge deal I just would like to know how to make it right if it were possible. Trying to learn everything I can but without tearing anything up in the process.

This plane is very soft. Putting it on my FMS stand made indentations in the foam. Is that the case with all foam planes this size?

Comment

• I think you're going to have to pull the servo back out and check to make sure nothing is blocking it from sitting down flat. If it was flush to start with, there's got to be something lodged underneath the servo that's keeping it from seating correctly. As to the indentations, that's pretty much par for the course. I've put dents in some of my planes just taking them outside to fly!! That's the biggest single problem about foamies. The upside is they're inexpensive and quick to build.:Cool:

Comment

• So I just looked at both my wings (I had the right one out before), and on the left wing everything is flush, but on the right the aileron servo cover is not. I'm wondering if there is something about the right wing mold that did not allow the servo pocket to fit in properly.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. No sense possibly damaging your wing trying to make it sit flush. I didn't even notice it on mine until you brought it up.
                                Pat

Comment

• I have to say after about 20 flights on my F-22 I'm loving the thrust vectoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
                                    Morning flight
                                    So are the blinking ones white strobes like Steve's or two more red and green that blink? Awesome flying...almost thought you grazed the runway on that first low pass!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      I have to say after about 20 flights on my F-22 I'm loving the thrust vectoring.
                                      Evan, your TV mod inspired me to do likewise on mine and it is awesome. I just had one of the most exhilarating flights with it. I felt so in control and just lumbered around doing back flips and Cobras. I am still feeling the adrenaline rush! Thanks for the inspiration!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181228_230732.jpg
Views:	1068
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	169275

Name:	IMG_20181228_230742.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	169276

Comment

• Flights 13-17 complete today. Spent two flights tuning the jeti assist flight stabilizer. A perfect addition to this airframe.

I need some type of additional lighting for orientation below tree line. Not wanting to take it out of service to do a full blown light system like several of you are doing, I’m thinking just a light each to the main gear. The simple light, peel and stick units for $25 have been considered in the interim.

Tired Iron, thanks for the tip on removing 8mm of coil on all 3 gear. Twenty or so take offs or landings today and our beat up 300’ geotex runway didn’t cause ant issues

Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Awesome, the more you fly it the more you’ll like it.

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Evan, your TV mod inspired me to do likewise on mine and it is awesome. I just had one of the most exhilarating flights with it. I felt so in control and just lumbered around doing back flips and Cobras. I am still feeling the adrenaline rush! Thanks for the inspiration!

Name:	IMG_20181228_230732.jpg
Views:	1068
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	169275

Name:	IMG_20181228_230742.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	169276

Comment

Working...