X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

Salvaged servos and retracts for most fit pretty good in a quart size freezer bag.I like the ones that can be written on with a Sharpie marker so I know what they came out of.
    Good idea bill.:Cool: I'm gonna use that. Plane carcasses take up allot of room.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
      BTW Todd, are you going to the Northwest Hobby Expo? I haven't decided yet. I miss the days when it was at Puyallip.
      When is it this year? I swear it gets earlier and earlier...Not sure if I am going to make this year's....

My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Anyone have a use in good , or decent shape canopy
        for sale looking to rebuild , motion out of stock for some time now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

When is it this year? I swear it gets earlier and earlier...Not sure if I am going to make this year's....
          Oops, guess it was this weekend! In the past, it always followed the SuperBowl . My bad.:Loser: O.K. next year right?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
            Oops, guess it was this weekend! In the past, it always followed the SuperBowl . My bad.:Loser: O.K. next year right?
            Wow! They really push it earlier and earlier don't they? It wasn't but like five years ago it was late March...Then it was late February and now late January...I wonder why? Ah well. My wallet could use the break with all these splendid releases lately.

LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post
              Anyone know if there is a way to eliminate the 5 second delay when commanding retracts to go up? Just trying to perfect my rotation portion of flight and find this built in delay annoying. I’m at the point of retracting the gear 1/2 way through my roll out to get what I’m after but feel this is going to bite me one of these days.

My radio (jeti) has sequencing options built in but I’ll have to bypass the MCB for retracts and doors. None of my other FW jets have this delay issue (F4/A10). I’m wondering if using a control board from another FW jet may be my best option?

John
              My dad flew F-101B’s, he said the Canadians used to win the time to climb events by putting the gear handle up on takeoff roll and the gear would retract the instant the y unloaded. He said USAF pilots were forbidden to do that. LOL The good old days!

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post

My dad flew F-101B’s, he said the Canadians used to win the time to climb events by putting the gear handle up on takeoff roll and the gear would retract the instant the y unloaded. He said USAF pilots were forbidden to do that. LOL The good old days!
                Haha, I guess I’m thinking a lot like the Canadians lately but would prefer not to gamble if there is a better way. Playing with it today, I could start my rollout and immediately hit the retract switch. I was airborne and still had two seconds before the gear started going up.

Found out today my partners new FW L39 is configured the same way as well, with a 5 second delay only when going up with gear He is trying to avoid operating flaps/retracts at the same time due to recent issues a few have had while doing so. The fact that they go down without delay makes it more stressful if the pilot is trying to avoid this type of load on ubec and trying to keep the two operations clear in his mind during take off or landing.

Hopefully, someone can recommend a drop in control board without gear delay and keep the lights and sequencing in working order.

John
                Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• With my outer gear doors installed, the delay is perfect.

Comment

• Hi Guys, I posted over on the L39 page too. Can you please comment on the best receiver mounting practices for EDF's? I have a photo of my A4 and L39 Admiral receivers installed near the blue box / control board. I find it difficult to put the receiver away from electrical wires etc. The normal rule is get the receiver away from all power related stuff.

Thanks
                    Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
                      Hi Guys, I posted over on the L39 page too. Can you please comment on the best receiver mounting practices for EDF's? I have a photo of my A4 and L39 Admiral receivers installed near the blue box / control board. I find it difficult to put the receiver away from electrical wires etc. The normal rule is get the receiver away from all power related stuff.

Thanks
                      Rich
                      From what I hear it is not nearly the problem it used to be. I have receivers jamed up in the middle of wires and have no trouble. A range check is always good.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

From what I hear it is not nearly the problem it used to be. I have receivers jamed up in the middle of wires and have no trouble. A range check is always good.
                        I agree that our new equipment is so much better these days. Range check is so true of test for sure. I guess you should always keep the interference to a minimum.... you don't want to take your new jet plane home in a garage bag :)

I have the F22 and the new Corsair 1A and can't decide which one to start first. What a nice problem to have ! I am very thankful

Rich

Comment

...you don't want to take your new jet plane home in a garbage bag :)
                          Why I have no idea what you are talking about!! LOL :Silly::Whew::Angry::Crying:

Click image for larger version

Name:	crash1.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	174921

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• New fuse and a left wing and looks like you would be back in business.

Comment

• You know, when I dumb thumb a plane, I can deal with that. When I had problems with my DX6 and watched planes lawn dart under no control, I can deal with that. When a motor or ESC makes magic smoke, I can deal with that. I can handle all those things because I know what happened and it is part of it and carry on. I, however, HATE and cannot handle what happened on my F22 "maiden" yesterday.

Calm day, hardly any wind, great field. Conditions were about perfect. My buddy just got done with his 6S F22 maiden and I was ready to maiden my 8s one. Rollout was great, rotated and started a slow climb out when it suddenly for unknown reasons rolled right all the way to inverted. I pulled the power back and rolled it back over and by this time I was pointing 90 degrees to the right from the direction I took off. Decided to abort the whole deal and just set it back down. Pulled some more power and pointed the nose down to get it back down. About 10 ft off the ground it suddenly rolled right again completely inverted and lawn darted in. Damage is just a canopy and fuse and I am sure by the time the parts are back in stock, I will have calmed down enough about it put it back together.

Unknown cause crashes drive me crazy. I maidened another plane after that and thankfully it went well. Also got a few more flights on my 90mm Super Scorpion that I have been dying to fly lately. But, stuff like that will really put a damper on the day! Just wish I knew what in the world happened. I didn't try to rotate early at all and did not try to climb out crazy, just a long smooth rollout to a very conservative climb. Completely baffled but nothing to do besides wait for some parts and go from there. I thought about buying an ARF to make it easier but dang after that price increase, it just more than I can justify.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                                You know, when I dumb thumb a plane, I can deal with that. When I had problems with my DX6 and watched planes lawn dart under no control, I can deal with that. When a motor or ESC makes magic smoke, I can deal with that. I can handle all those things because I know what happened and it is part of it and carry on. I, however, HATE and cannot handle what happened on my F22 "maiden" yesterday.

Calm day, hardly any wind, great field. Conditions were about perfect. My buddy just got done with his 6S F22 maiden and I was ready to maiden my 8s one. Rollout was great, rotated and started a slow climb out when it suddenly for unknown reasons rolled right all the way to inverted. I pulled the power back and rolled it back over and by this time I was pointing 90 degrees to the right from the direction I took off. Decided to abort the whole deal and just set it back down. Pulled some more power and pointed the nose down to get it back down. About 10 ft off the ground it suddenly rolled right again completely inverted and lawn darted in. Damage is just a canopy and fuse and I am sure by the time the parts are back in stock, I will have calmed down enough about it put it back together.

Unknown cause crashes drive me crazy. I maidened another plane after that and thankfully it went well. Also got a few more flights on my 90mm Super Scorpion that I have been dying to fly lately. But, stuff like that will really put a damper on the day! Just wish I knew what in the world happened. I didn't try to rotate early at all and did not try to climb out crazy, just a long smooth rollout to a very conservative climb. Completely baffled but nothing to do besides wait for some parts and go from there. I thought about buying an ARF to make it easier but dang after that price increase, it just more than I can justify.
                                Bummer. Have you checked the direction of your throws? Are you flying with a gyro? What receiver are you using? Just first-responder questions on my part.

Comment

Hi Guys, I posted over on the L39 page too. Can you please comment on the best receiver mounting practices for EDF's? I have a photo of my A4 and L39 Admiral receivers installed near the blue box / control board. I find it difficult to put the receiver away from electrical wires etc. The normal rule is get the receiver away from all power related stuff.

Thanks
                                  Rich
                                  there are several wires you can remove from the wing connection, it’s only needed for the ale and flap, they have a bunch of unnecessary wires in that connection.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Bummer. Have you checked the direction of your throws? Are you flying with a gyro? What receiver are you using? Just first-responder questions on my part.
                                    Throws were triple checked by two people, all good. And, it responded correctly when I rolled it back over after the first time.

No gyro.

New Spektrum AR620.

Comment

• Sorry to here that Jamesonc, mine did the same exact same thing on maiden total loss ...my next one I'm bypassing the blue box on all control surfaces...

Comment

• Love this plane. Even with a 20mph crosswind it landed like a feather.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Throws were triple checked by two people, all good. And, it responded correctly when I rolled it back over after the first time.

No gyro.

New Spektrum AR620.
                                          JC........as a techy type myself, I totally get the frustration on the WTF just caused that. ;)
                                          Allow me to put the Rx into focus here as the maybe weak link culprit here.
                                          Since it is relatively new on the market as an economically priced 6 channel with "flyby" integrated telemetry and built in antenna there is minimal experience out there about it.
                                          Being that it has no external antenna, I wonder how many folks shove it into tightly confined spaces.
                                          The Spektrum tech guy on this linked Horizon Hobby vid for the AR620 clearly states starting a the 3:15 mark that this Rx needs about 2-3 inches of clearance from metal, carbon fiber, flight pac and other similar system stuff.
                                          I know that stuff is tight in these birds and maybe...............who knows. :Thinking: ;)
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X