First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any paint seller in Europe? That brand does not send to EU

Comment

• Originally posted by Suhast View Post
      And can you order that colors online? Any webpage?
      Sorry, I do not know about the UK home stores. These are Home Depot paint samples. you can order them using the information on the labels (from the photo)….. Just take the photo to your local Home Depot store and they will mix them up for you. about $3 bucks each in the USA

Rich

Comment

• Thanks, if I had some equivalent to tamiya spray paint would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• F-22 just arrived do I need to bypass the blue box or have the issues been fixed??
          need to know what receiver to order 7 ch. or 10 ch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcjunkey View Post
            F-22 just arrived do I need to bypass the blue box or have the issues been fixed??
            My recommendations: 1) Don't bypass the blue box, they actually work great, 2) you only need a 6CH receiver for the F-22. I have mine for a year now and it is still an amazing model.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcjunkey View Post
              F-22 just arrived do I need to bypass the blue box or have the issues been fixed??
              Completely your call. I have never bypassed a blue box in any of my FW EDFs. Others will swear it is a must do.

Comment

• Hi guys, Happy New Year to you all. I've had this jet in my wishlist for quite some time now and I'm about to press the buy button on this awesome jet finally. Was considering adding a set of JP Hobby electric brakes and need your input if I should get the 60mm or 65mm set for this one?

Comment

• Hello all, I finally found time to unbox and assemble my 90mm F22 and I have some questions. first off, with a admiral 5000 bat. I have to push the bat. back half way off the battery tray to even get close to neutral CG. with the gear up and the canopy cover installed it is still slightly nose heavy??...I see videos of guys pushing the bat. closer to the blue box and flying that way. I have checked my measurement (150mm from wing/fuse crotch) and accurately marked it. Do you all just fly nose heavy?Or is the plane not that sensitive? What am I missing.
                  Also, how much if any expo you guys using with this aircraft. I'm new to EDF, any advise would be appreciated. won't be flying till spring anyway. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingBear78 View Post
                    Hi guys, Happy New Year to you all. I've had this jet in my wishlist for quite some time now and I'm about to press the buy button on this awesome jet finally. Was considering adding a set of JP Hobby electric brakes and need your input if I should get the 60mm or 65mm set for this one?
                    IMO I don't think this jet need brakes. Landing will full or half flaps and a slight nose high AOA the F22 has the shortest roll out of any of my jets and almost* any of my planes. I would fly it fist and see if you still think you need them, but the flight characteristics of this plane are so good you should be able land nice and slow.

Originally posted by electric jet View Post
                    Hello all, I finally found time to unbox and assemble my 90mm F22 and I have some questions. first off, with a admiral 5000 bat. I have to push the bat. back half way off the battery tray to even get close to neutral CG. with the gear up and the canopy cover installed it is still slightly nose heavy??...I see videos of guys pushing the bat. closer to the blue box and flying that way. I have checked my measurement (150mm from wing/fuse crotch) and accurately marked it. Do you all just fly nose heavy?Or is the plane not that sensitive? What am I missing.
                    Also, how much if any expo you guys using with this aircraft. I'm new to EDF, any advise would be appreciated. won't be flying till spring anyway. Thanks
                    The plane is not that sensitive, I have mine more forward however thats due to a inrunner motor in the freewing metal housing adding tail weight. Start by the book or slightly forward and move back from there.

*edit* Just reread and saw you said half way off (the back?), that does seem far back. are you sure you measured correctly?
                    Expo is all preference, high rates can be a little twitchy for some people at speed too. I would start around 20-30% and adjust from there or set how you do for other planes.

Comment

• Thanks GarrisonR for the response.

Comment

• My Starscream F-22 Turbine is complete and was maiden'd today! She flew perfectly. The X-45 is a perfect motor for this jet. Clocked top speeds around 173mph
                        So far I got a short video of the start up and run test last night.

Comment

• That is SO cool. How's she handle at the higher speeds? Any bad tendencies? Any foam flex? Control surfaces held up and responsive?

Comment

• Originally posted by JayP View Post
                            That is SO cool. How's she handle at the higher speeds? Any bad tendencies? Any foam flex? Control surfaces held up and responsive?
                            Jet Flew great with no bad tendencies. Remember the FW 22 comes with metal gear digital servos. No foam flex and I got her clocked at speeds up to 180mph.

See short video for yourself:

Comment

• Originally posted by Scale Master View Post

Jet Flew great with no bad tendencies. Remember the FW 22 comes with metal gear digital servos. No foam flex and I got her clocked at speeds up to 180mph.

See short video for yourself:
                              Looking great. Thanks for sharing your videos.... what was your running times and the size of tank??

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Looking great. Thanks for sharing your videos.... what was your running times and the size of tank??

Rich
                                Thanks Rich!! I used a 33.7oz Fiji water bottle. I get 5 min flight time with reserves for 2 go arounds available, plus taxi in and out. I'm not using a UAT/air trap, just a filtered felt custom clunk and no air bubbles in the lines at anytime. I've noticed jet is much better compared to diesel when it comes to air bubbles as well.

Comment

Thanks Rich!! I used a 33.7oz Fiji water bottle. I get 5 min flight time with reserves for 2 go arounds available, plus taxi in and out. I'm not using a UAT/air trap, just a filtered felt custom clunk and no air bubbles in the lines at anytime. I've noticed jet is much better compared to diesel when it comes to air bubbles as well.
                                  You are welcome!
                                  That's great info but seems like a short flight time for that much fuel.... I am going to use Jet A fuel with my X45 and Gaspar of Xicoy said to me that it really works better for best overall performance. I have a smaller tank in my BAE Hawk project 22.5oz , I wish I could learn some more about the water bottle type fittings and tank setups. I cant find these parts for sale. Not much chatter about these home made tanks in the US. I see lots of them on the EU projects.
                                  All the best
                                  Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

You are welcome!
                                    That's great info but seems like a short flight time for that much fuel.... I am going to use Jet A fuel with my X45 and Gaspar of Xicoy said to me that it really works better for best overall performance. I have a smaller tank in my BAE Hawk project 22.5oz , I wish I could learn some more about the water bottle type fittings and tank setups. I cant find these parts for sale. Not much chatter about these home made tanks in the US. I see lots of them on the EU projects.
                                    All the best
                                    Rich
                                    Well Rich I can get longer flight times I just choose not too. When I return I always have a quarter tank left of fuel in her. I'm not flying with a UAT and my special filtered clunk is bulky ) about 30mm in diameter. Building a nice fuel tank isn't to hard, and you can get those hard to find fittings online like I did! See link below my man: (Make sure you select the 3 line kit)

Comment

Well Rich I can get longer flight times I just choose not too. When I return I always have a quarter tank left of fuel in her. I'm not flying with a UAT and my special filtered clunk is bulky ) about 30mm in diameter. Building a nice fuel tank isn't to hard, and you can get those hard to find fittings online like I did! See link below my man: (Make sure you select the 3 line kit)

Awesome.... thank you so much for this info. I am planning to use a small 2-4oz UAT. I didn't see the differences between the tank offerings. what is different on line #3. It looks like he is using Viton gaskets for everything.

All the best
                                      Rich

Comment

• Just received my f22 and I was wondering if anyone uses the admiral stability gyro and what their thoughts were on it? I was debating on either using the admiral or a spektrum receiver with an hobby eagle gyro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyinglow62 View Post
                                          Just received my f22 and I was wondering if anyone uses the admiral stability gyro and what their thoughts were on it? I was debating on either using the admiral or a spektrum receiver with an hobby eagle gyro.
                                          So, this will get many opinions…. so here is my to cents. the F22 really doesn't need a gyro.... so if you are doing high alpha landings then a gyro would make it feel more locked in while providing you some safety.

I am using the RX600SP receiver in my F35 with 35% gains and with a switched on / off mode. I really like how it helps the low speed high nose up landings but really cant tell much in flight from gyro on or off. I believe the F22 and the F35 are stabile without any help but it doesn't hurt :)

Hope this helps you
                                          Rich
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X